Lucario move set

Thread: Lucario move set

PKMN Master (in training) trainer_ebony's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Lucario move set

Ok, so im trying to figure out what moves to teach my lucario. its currently lvl 50 but ill get it to whatever level it needs pretty easily. it has nearly maxed out attack power, but its sp. atk is only 130. both defenses are jut below 100, and speed is 100 even.
    Pokemon Black- 3439-6961-3323
    Pokemon Black2-4342-0303-5375

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lucario move set

A swords dance set with sd, close combat, extreme-speed and filler works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

For filler either Crunch or Ice Punch. It is the only set Lucario can run in this metagame and there are probably better options to Lucario anyway. It needs a lot of support to do much (It has les bulk than say Cloyster who can setup and win the game whilst Lucario can't KO a lot of stuff still and gets mashed by priority).

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For filler either Crunch or Ice Punch. It is the only set Lucario can run in this metagame and there are probably better options to Lucario anyway. It needs a lot of support to do much (It has les bulk than say Cloyster who can setup and win the game whilst Lucario can't KO a lot of stuff still and gets mashed by priority).
    Well, a specs lucario can be a good lure as well, but it isn't spectacular considering it can't switch in with those defenses.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

PKMN Master (in training) trainer_ebony's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, i often use it with my weavile in double battles, whos speed is high and attack is 2 points shy of maxed out. So weaviles got the ice punch. crunch is good, but how would i teach it crunch?... actually, with weaviles night slash, crunch isnt very necisarry
    close combat is on it now :D still need to work at that extreme speed. I dont see him lasting long enough in battle to be able to set up swords dance.
    Im considering an item to make up for his speed or make the likely one or 2 hits he gets in heavier. so a choice item or something.

A note on me, Defense is rarely my focus. my favs to use lately are my infernape, weavile and zoroark. So speed, and mass attack/sp. atk, thats my style.
    Pokemon Black- 3439-6961-3323
    Pokemon Black2-4342-0303-5375

I agree with the SD idea. But as the filler, use Bullet Punch. The second priority is always good, plus STAB. If you don't SD, Move Tutor it Ice Punch.

Also, Weavile FTW ;)

Typhlosion IRL.

Visit Tyestor's Youtube Channel

Lucario (B/W) - Smogon University

All you need to know.