Looking for help building an Anti-Weather team
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help building an Anti-Weather team

It's tragedy on a bun. Poke Prophet's Avatar

Default Looking for help building an Anti-Weather team

This is an idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while now. The only pokemon I'm almost positive I'm going to have is Altaria with cloud nine. The only other pokemon with this ability are golduck and lickilicky, but I'm not sure if I want to use one or the other or even both.

I'm not just looking for something to stop the weather, I'm looking for a good competitive team that can hold it's own even against a non-weather team.

Any suggestions would be appreciated though.

Default Re: Looking for help building an Anti-Weather team

Ok, maybe somebody can answer this. I tried out a few pokemon on Pokemon Online and something is very wrong here. I used all three cloud niners but weather still activated for the opponent. Is that PO's fault or is it that cloud nine just doesn't work the way I think it should?

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Cloud nine only activates at the beginning of the battle. If you switch in a pokemon with cloud nine it will activate then too.
    My friend used to use an annoying rain strategy so I have done a lot of research into anti-weather tactics a good technique is to use a pokemon that knows at least 2 weather moves, say rain dance and hail for example so that you don't need to swich in and out after every turn, instead you can use rain dance, which may change the opponents weather condition or if the opponent is using a rain strategy then you will have hail as a backup. This can also benifit you because your second pokemon (double battle) can be a dragonite, dragonite can learn hurricane and thunder, which have perfect accuracy in rain and blizzard which has perfect accuracy in hail.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Well you should go with something that has Magic Guard for sure. That way there are not able to get hit by it. Reinoculus or Alakazam would be perfect for this.

anti weather-strategy not anti weather-effects... I think.

do you want to defy weather strategists or do you just want to stop taking damage from sandstorm and hail?

Either way Magic Guard would be goon on the safe side of things I mean you will not get hit by Entry Hazards as well so its not bad.

true...

I'd like to thwart their strategies in their weather, but with what I've looked at I don't think I can make it work the way I thought I could unfortunately.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Use Anti-weather Pokemon like Latias and Heatran against sun, Gastrodon, Virizion and Jellicent against Rain and Gliscor, Terrakion, Rotom-w, etc against sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Use Anti-weather Pokemon like Latias and Heatran against sun, Gastrodon, Virizion and Jellicent against Rain and Gliscor, Terrakion, Rotom-w, etc against sand.
    Thanks for the tips. I've never really used Terrakion, Latias, or Heatran and I tend to overlook them because I consider them "legendaries" but I might actually try using them now that I've become a slightly more competitive player. Do you have any advice toward what kind of movesets to run with them together?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Prophet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I've never really used Terrakion, Latias, or Heatran and I tend to overlook them because I consider them "legendaries" but I might actually try using them now that I've become a slightly more competitive player. Do you have any advice toward what kind of movesets to run with them together?
    Use Choice scarf Terrakion if you need a revenge killer. If You need more power go for choice banded terrakion. The standard cm latias and specially defensive Heatran work well. Check out smogon to get the exact details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Thanks. I expected about as much for the Terrakion, but I'd thought I get a confirmation from someone who's used one more often than I. I'll probably make mine a choice scarfer and I don't think I'll get too fancy for the others and just keep them more standard sets for right now, see what I like.

For Heatran I would go with Like Anceint Power, Flamethrower and Flash Cannon. Couple of Stab moves there and Ancient power and then A Move of your choice. Myabe Earthpower if you wanted it from 4th Gen Tutored on to it.

I was thinking a special attacking heatran with Lava Plume, Earth Power, and maybe flash cannon, but I'm not too positive on the fourth move or even if this is what I want it to have. I'll look it up on smogon when I get home tonight.

Heatran- Air Balloon/life orb Modest/timid
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Stealth Rock
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

here is An Offensive Heatran set they Had on Smogon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast