Landorus-T

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Takaki

Thread: Landorus-T

Default Landorus-T

I thought I'd right up a bit of information on a new threat that people appear to know absolutely nothing about.

Before reading this you should understand that to appreciate Landorus-T, you should not compare him to his Genie forme which holds a completely different niche in the metagame. You should think of Landorus-T more as a hard hitting Gliscor than simply run old Landorus sets on him. Sand Force means that in terms of both speed and power, Landorus completely out performs Landorus-T under Sandstorm condition, however Landorus-T holds an Incredible Niche on both Rain and Sun teams where it holds incredible type synergy with ther initiaters and abusers of this weather as well as being able to provide support in the form of Intimidate and stealth Rocks and checking many of their common weaknesses. Without further or do, let me present a variety of viable sets that can be run by what, after looking behind face value, is actually on of the hardest Pokemon in the game to effectively check.

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EV's: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    -Substitute/ Rock Polish
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance

Other than the bulk of Intimidate, this set at first appears completely outclassed by his Genie forme in the Sandstorm because of Sand Force boosting the Genie Forme's attack above that of Landorus-T and that is correct. This set is not designed for Sandstorm teams. Instead, Landorus-T is a great threat in standard Rain Teams, being able to easily set up in the faces of common Rain counters. This set can freely switch in on a locked in Thunderous-T and also force out Tornadus-T Breloom, and Celebi by bluffing other sets.Once a sub is up, you can pretty much guarantee that something is going to die. Of course, this set plays mostly on the fact that people don't know an awful lot about Landorus-T and expect a scarf set, giving him a free opportunity to set up. He can also support Sun teams by providing a Ground Immunity and taking out opposing Heatran. In terms of evs, 164 HP/ 252 Atk/ 92 Spe can also be run to increase Landorus-T's bulk and still provide him with enough speed to outpace standard Tentacruel with no boosts. This set is obviously completely walled by Skarmory and is therefore a great partner with Magnezone who can remove Steel types as well as deal from common threats such as Latias and Ferrothorn who give Landorus-T real problems.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

This defensive set is absolutely incredible. It is really the main reason to use Landorus-T, because in almost every other role he is outclassed. The evs and nature allow him to not be 2HKO'd by Terrakion's Stone Edge whilst the rest go in Special Defense for extra bulk. Landorus-T icauses lots of switches and the threat of U-turn makes it tough for opposing Starmie to switch in on him. With the popularity of the Scarf set, very few Espeon will risk switching in to stop your Rocks either. Hidden Power Ice allows him to 2HKO Breloom and Dragonite whilst also beating Gliscor without Ice Fang. He is really great as a hard hitting alternative to Gliscor on more offensive teams. Note: I did not invent this set. I found it somewhere else a while ago and have been using it in my team.
    Professor Jacel likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Landorus-T

I've seen Landorus-T demolish a few teams, but I haven't tried it out yet. It seems very similar to Gliscor in a lot of regards though.

Yeah, it's basically just an offensive Gliscor.

I use a Normal Gem Explosion set on Landy in a Volt-Turn team. He is one of the most valued members on the team.
    Prohawk (Landorus-T) (M) @ Normal Gem
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Explosion

So many people think this is scarfed. I've lost how many times a Terrakion has switched in to Stone Edge to die to Earthquake. U-Turn is for switching, as this part of a Volt-Turn team, and a good move in general. Explosion is insanely powerful after Normal Gem boost, and so many things have died to its power.