Interest in a for-fun group? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Interest in a for-fun group?

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: Interest in a for-fun group?

uhh man good choices all around

I think I could def do ground, but i also got a lot of rock.I'll get back to you when I check my PC box

i got quite a few ground types

sandshrew, sandslash, sandile. Give me time to find a few more and i could do ground

I also have quite a few fighting types as well

@Typhlosionisafirebadger

hey, buddy. glad you're interested in the group. I believe I approved your membership very recently. anyway, we already have 8 Gym Leaders now! sorry! but you can absolutely participate in the group and definitely challenge the League too!

and hey, I'm sure some Gym Leader will quit at some point and then you can take over their gym if/when it happens!

lol oh I'm mad late then >_<!

but yeah I'd like to challenge the league, no doubt about that! I'm glad you guys have eight gym leaders now! Gonna read up on the group stuff before I do anything else. Thanks dude!

I do care about ev's, iv's and nature. I do however still only play for fun and use things like Fearow with mimic (from 3rd gen tutor) and other fun stuff. Is this group for me despite me caring about stats?

Now I'm new so I'm no expert but I think it is safe to assume that most people care about stats to some degree. I think it is just the type of people who attempt to build the perfect group with the highest stats and moves to take advantage of those high stats IE, Min/max'ers or perfectionists that they're trying to avoid.. But like I said, I'm new to this forum and not a member of the group, although I'm quite interested in getting involved! I only recently started playing current gen, so it will be a while before I can compete.. but once I reach that level, count me in!
    My Minecraft IP: 72.160.150.223
    STEAM ID: Duke of New York A#1
    My Friend Codes: White 2- 1163 9265 6712

Blog Entries

@Ludwig
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I like EVs. I didn't initially, but learned to use them, though I still like to play without having to worry about who to battle. ^^' The leader only asks that you don't use those EV-trained Pokemon here, as well; with that in mind, everyone's welcome! ^^

@xer0
    I think you're spot on. =] Some people EV train to beat everyone else, and some do it for fun, not necessarily to win everything. And that's great! You're totally welcome to the club when you're ready. :D Have you just started playing BW or B2W2?
    ~I'm here without you, baby
    But you're still on my lonely mind
    I think about you, baby
    And I dream about you all the time~

Quote Originally Posted by SwampertShoes View Post
    @Ludwig
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I like EVs. I didn't initially, but learned to use them, though I still like to play without having to worry about who to battle. ^^' The leader only asks that you don't use those EV-trained Pokemon here, as well; with that in mind, everyone's welcome! ^^

@xer0
    I think you're spot on. =] Some people EV train to beat everyone else, and some do it for fun, not necessarily to win everything. And that's great! You're totally welcome to the club when you're ready. :D Have you just started playing BW or B2W2?
    I won't be joining then. What I like of the game is making my semi-stupid strategies and play with the surprise factor, just for the fun. Being able to tailor my pokémon for these specific roles is an important part of that.

Blog Entries

@Ludwig
    I understand where you're getting at. Good luck to you, then. =]
    I think about you, baby

Quote Originally Posted by SwampertShoes View Post
    @Ludwig

@xer0
    Well, I had purchased a lot of current gen pokemon games, including 4th and 5th gen, so I've actually got the most recent 7. I am as of right now playing White2. Just got my first badge and am leaving Aspertia. I was getting frustrated by the whole friend code thing, didnt realize it required online registration and all that so I was really confused about where to find my friend code. I've just received it and will be adding it to my signature soon!

Blog Entries

@xer0
    Wow, you're gonna be busy! Yeah, the fact you don't really start until you get the Aspertia badge is a bit annoying, but I suppose it keeps people from continuously restarting their games and all. =] It's a good game! You might find the next town, Virbank, pretty awesome, it has Elekid in White 2, and Koffing. And Growlithe. :3 A flavor for lots of trainers!
    I think about you, baby

Oh I fully understand their reasoning for making you wait, but when I accessed my palpad it said "check nintendo WFC settings" so i'd restart my ds and check there and find no info, it was really a big wild goose chase until I finally beat cheren.

And I just arrived in Virbank, I do enjoy me some elekid and growlithe.. now I'll have to rethink my team! Thanks for the heads up! :) anyway I dont feel this discussion really belongs in this particular thread, so this will be all you hear from me at least right here.. but yeah shoot me a private message or use my friend code down in my signature sometime!

haha, looks like I should still be paying attention to this thread!

thanks for answering questions in my absence, SwampertShoes!

just to be clear, we are STILL (and always will be) accepting members for the GROUP. it is only the GYM LEADER positions that are currently filled.

we have over 40 members and the community is starting to get pretty solid! yaaaay JFF Group!!

So now that I'm a challenger, I can make a really crazy team

growlithe/arcanine

darumaka maybe

GURDURR/HARIYAMA

SCYTHERRRR and maybe blastoise. IDK man this is gonna be fun

Blog Entries

No problem, Poli. =]

@TiafB
    Scytherrrr AND Blastoise! That would be awesome to battle!! Of course, the battles are 3 on 3 if single. =]
    I think about you, baby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast