I Think Mega Gengar Deserves A Chance

Thread: I Think Mega Gengar Deserves A Chance

Default I Think Mega Gengar Deserves A Chance

Exactly, why is Mega Gengar banned? Because of its shadow tag ability that can make competitive battlers cry to their mommys. I think that Smogon needs to realize what pokemon should really be banned. Think about it. Mega Mewtwo; Mega Garchomp; Mega Mawile; Mega Kangaskhan; need I say more? I think Gengar is actually pretty cool getting a Mega Evolution. It is the most powerful ghost type pokemon yet (not including ghost type legendaries) and is not used very often in battles. It has terrible defenses, so with enough speed, you could dominate it. Every pokemon has a weakness, and deserves a second chance too.

Adores and Admires Humor Skittypaws's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I Think Mega Gengar Deserves A Chance

I agree. Gengar is pretty awesome, but he isn't used as often as the other ghost types. Maybe it is because he is weak to Psychic types? When I saw the mega form for the first time, I thought they could have done better. However, it can learn a variety of moves, including fairy type moves. It has a high sp. attack and speed that makes Pikachu look bad.

I have one for myself, and it knows shadow ball, sludge bomb, hypnosis, and dream eater. It once knew Dazzling Gleam.

This is a Battle Centre oriented thread, so I've moved it there.

Announcement - XY OU: Ban of Gengarite | Smogon Forums

I don't mean any offense by this, but you should definitely take a look at this because I'm fairly confident you haven't seen it. It details Smogon's reasons for banning Gengarite. By the way, both the Mega Mewtwos and Mega Kangaskhan have been banned from OU play. While M-Mawile is a very solid Pokemon, I think it's more manageable than those two; on the other hand, Mega Garchomp is just not very good imo. People more qualified than I can feel free to talk about this and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what makes Mega Gengar broken is that, in spite of its weaknesses, you can't deal with it by conventional means. It's not a Pokemon you can counter because it almost unflaggingly does its job of removing checks and counters for another Pokemon to sweep. Its defenses aren't the best by any stretch of the imagination, but they're definitely an improvement over regular Gengar, which—contrary to what you said in your post—is a very commonly used Pokemon (it stood at #5 in usage in XY OU and #4 in Pokebank OU on Smogon's simulator). The rest of what I could say about Mega Gengar is better said in the link above.

Adores and Admires Humor Skittypaws's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i don't think it is fair to ban any Pokemon period. For one, the power of a Pokemon all depends on the trainer itself. I have defeated many strong Pokemon by using my experience as a intermediate Trainer.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Mega Gengar's already had a chance, and it proved way too unhealthy for Smogon and PO's standard metagames. Besides, there's nothing stopping you from using it in the Maison, the Battle Spot, or even the VGCs if you so want.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums