I need help with my Scizor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need help with my Scizor!

  1. #1
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default I need help with my Scizor!

    Hey, everyone! I created this thread because I'm about to start training a Scizor and I can't decide its EV distribution... Its moveset is going to be:

    -X-Scissor
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance

    I already decided it's going to have 252 Attack. The thing is that I want it to have both high Defense and Speed (yes, I know Scizor's Speed stat is just 65, but I don't want him to be that slow). What do you think I should do? I'll appreciate your help. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Registered User Carbon-14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Off my rocker!
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    I think the question you best ask yourself is this: Do you want something that can take hits during set-up, or do you want something fierce and fast? You've already decided on max Attack. I'm not sure if investing a whole lot in Speed will let you outpace anything notable besides maybe max Speed Tyranitar. However, it means you'll be left with only a handful of EVs to go into any of its defenses.

    Remember that with Scizor's typing also comes a great many resistances; with base 100 Defense, I'm sure it could shrug off most physical neutral hits anyways. A bulkier spread with something like 252 HP/252 Atk may allow you an easier time setting up. While this means you won't be able to outspeed max Speed Tyranitar and puts Scizor at risk of getting singed with Fire Blast, a STAB super-effective Bullet Punch should take care of it--and that's assuming T-tar doesn't switch out in fear of that Bullet Punch.

    As a side note, does this Scizor have Technician? If so, you should use Bug Bite over X-Scissor because Bug Bite is stronger after the boost.

  3. #3
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Could you explain about that rest of the team?

    Much love to Zurr

  4. #4
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    I want to have a balanced team. Two special attackers (Alakazam and Togekiss), two physical attackers (Scizor and Machamp) one physical tank (I'm still not sure of who to use) and one special tank (Blissey or Jellicent).

  5. #5
    I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Why Machamp? Why not Conkeldurr? Just wondering.

  6. #6
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I want to have a balanced team. Two special attackers (Alakazam and Togekiss), two physical attackers (Scizor and Machamp) one physical tank (I'm still not sure of who to use) and one special tank (Blissey or Jellicent).
    You may want to run the Bulky Set,

    Much love to Zurr

  7. #7
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,747
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    @Anser;

    Well I used a 252 attack/ 252 speed scizor with jolly. Adamant is also cool. Item should be life orb and teach it bug bite and super power instead of x-scissor and brick break. You can also try roost over bug bite if you want recovery.

    You can go for the bulky set Angad is suggesting. It would have 252 hp / 252 spdef or attack with sd/ bug bite/ bullet punch /roost. It is generally used to counter Reuniclus and other psychic types. The one is suggested is an all out offensive set while Angad's set is a bulky(or balanced as they say) set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  8. #8
    Place Title Here Sumomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    93
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    You can't just teach Scizor Bug Bite or Superpower, both are from move tutors in the 4th generation, nice try though. The moves there seem to be the best alternatives to them though, although it's usefulness isn't going to be as high. Roost is also from the 4th generation TM, you'd have to wait until BW2 to teach that from a tutor. Now please, do go on with the impossibilities.

  9. #9
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,747
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumomo View Post
    You can't just teach Scizor Bug Bite or Superpower, both are from move tutors in the 4th generation, nice try though. The moves there seem to be the best alternatives to them though, although it's usefulness isn't going to be as high. Roost is also from the 4th generation TM, you'd have to wait until BW2 to teach that from a tutor. Now please, do go on with the impossibilities.
    Logistics are the least of a competitive battler's problems. Nice try though.
    Professor Jacel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  10. #10
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Why Machamp? Why not Conkeldurr? Just wondering.
    It could also be Conkeldurr. Now you got me thinking.

    Ok, I'll take all your suggestions into account, guys. Thank you. I was also thinking about training a Scyther, given he has the same Base Stat Total as Scizor... Is Scyther good? Is it worth it at all?

  11. #11
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Why Machamp? Why not Conkeldurr? Just wondering.
    It could also be Conkeldurr. Now you got me thinking.

    Ok, I'll take all your suggestions into account, guys. Thank you. I was also thinking about training a Scyther, given he has the same Base Stat Total as Scizor... Is Scyther good? Is it worth it at all?
    No, it can't take a hit and SR makes it cry.

    Much love to Zurr

  12. #12
    I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Why Machamp? Why not Conkeldurr? Just wondering.
    It could also be Conkeldurr. Now you got me thinking.

    Ok, I'll take all your suggestions into account, guys. Thank you. I was also thinking about training a Scyther, given he has the same Base Stat Total as Scizor... Is Scyther good? Is it worth it at all?
    Go with Guts Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Stone Edge, Bulk Up. Or Payback instead of Stone Edge your choice.

    Sure he may not be able to take some Hits but he is great with bulk up and able to stay in and dish out a mean hit.

  13. #13
    smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Making Gotham City Grin
    Posts
    6,792
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Enzap on Tumblr

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Scyther aren't really all that bad. They do have great attack and speed. It could be useful if you get lucky and run into a team that doesn't run Stealth Rock. But then again, most teams do have a few Rock/Fire/Electric/Ice type moves... so Scizor is generally considered a safer option.

  14. #14
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Thanks for your suggestions, guys. I'm interested in that Conkeldurr. I think I'll keep Stone Edge to deal with the Flying-types that could damage me greatly.
    Professor Jacel likes this.

  15. #15
    Ace PKMN Trainer PKMN Trainer Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto Region.
    Posts
    44
    Add PKMN Trainer Spencer on Facebook

    Default Re: I need help with my Scizor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Hey, everyone! I created this thread because I'm about to start training a Scizor and I can't decide its EV distribution... Its moveset is going to be:

    -X-Scissor
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance

    I already decided it's going to have 252 Attack. The thing is that I want it to have both high Defense and Speed (yes, I know Scizor's Speed stat is just 65, but I don't want him to be that slow). What do you think I should do? I'll appreciate your help. Thanks.
    252 Attack / 152 Speed / 100 Defense
    Torterra I choose you!

    FC: 0433 4435 4140

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •