Help with my team?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NoirGrimoir

Thread: Help with my team?

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Default Help with my team?

Just to let you know this is my firs thread so it might not be up to scratch.

Anyhow... This team is for Official Double tourneys and needs a special sweeper

(Already trained)
    Carracosta (M) Item: Rindo berry, Serious nature :(, Solid rock (for a change)
    EVs: (approximately) 124 HP, 140 ATK, 4 DEF, the rest in Sp.DEF
    Aqua tail
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    Aqua jet

Eelektross (M) Item: Quick claw, Naive nature
    EVs: (approximately) 252 Sp.ATK, 140 HP, the rest in DEF and Sp.DEF
    Discharge/T-bolt
    Flamethrower
    Giga drain
    Flash cannon

Escavalier (M) Item: Custap berry, Bashfull Nature :(, Overcoat
    EVs: 100 in DEF and Sp.DEF, the rest in HP and ATK
    X-scissor
    Iron head
    Endure
    Reversal

(Still to train)
    Gardivoir (M) Item: ???, Serious nature :(, Telepathy
    EVs: HP; DEF; SPE: 100, Sp.DEf:60, Sp.ATK:150
    Future sight
    Wish
    Heal bell
    Will-o-wisp

(Still to obtain)
    Flygon (F) Item: (?)Muscle band(?), Jolly nature
    EVs: 252ATK and SPE, 4HP
    EQ
    Dragon claw/Outrage
    Fire punch
    U-Turn

PS:I don't care for tiers.

You can put other team ideas on here to. Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 14th April 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Default Re: Help with my team?

Maybe I'm partial to Chandelure because of how awesome it looks, but for a Special Sweeper that is also fairly fast, it can be very helpful. By the way, I'm not a competitive battler by any means, so I'm giving advice from an outside point of view. :3

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Thanks for the help Frost Mage!

Do you have any team ideas of you own?

Well you could always use a wall with high HP and defenses, and a status condition move.

Blog Entries

I have like zero experience with competitive doubles. I've done okay in singles, though. I only get my ass kicked 3 out of five times (mostly by Uber Dragons...). I'm definitely not an expert, but I have seen some interesting things.

Chandelure is a good sweeper. It can switch into normal and fighting-type moves, but it's weak to Earthquake, Stone Edge and Stealth Rocks (I feel like ever team has at least something with Stone Edge, it's a pain) and anything with Sucker Punch can OHKO it, unless it's behind a substitute. I would think Earthquake and Stealth Rock might be a little less common in Doubles though, since there's less switching and Earthquake hits everything on the field. Also it doesn't have an 4x weaknesses, I'm pretty sure, so that's nice. I've found the best moveset (the one that kicks my ass, usually) is Substitute, fire move of choice (Fireblast, Flamethrower, etc.), Energy ball or Solarbeam (especially in the sun), and Calm Mind. Use the substitute to give you room to set up and then fire away. I suggest a leftovers as the item, since it doesn't really have any way to recover hp. I feel like I was sliced and diced by one with Giga Drain before, but it doesn't seem possible for it to learn it, so maybe that one was hacked or something. O_O

Similar to Chandelure is Volcarona, which is also a set-up sweeper. I have one and it's great. It can get pretty bulky, depending on your EVs and training so it doesn't absolutely need substitute to live. Stealth Rocks will half kill it though, like even more than Chandelure. It can Roost though, for good recovery, and Quiver Dance raises SpA, SpD AND Speed, when it can already out speed a lot of things. If you can get in the full six Quiver Dances the thing pretty much becomes immortal.

I've got an EV-trained Ludicolo that is actually pretty damn good. I love the thing. What I especially like about it is that it's faster than you would think, and doesn't need any set up to be effective. Weirdly enough it seems like a lot of the time people forget what typing it is or something. O_O They try to attack it with electric, thinking it's water type, or fire, thinking it's grass type, when it is grass/water and takes neutral damage from both, which it can shrug off pretty easily. Mine has a Modest nature, with Rain Dish ability, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Scald and Synthesis. What might be nice about it for your team is A) it can take a hit without a substitute and easily get the HP back with Synthesis or Giga drain, which is nice, and B) Ice beam, which I highly suggest having at least one Ice attack, (which or team doesn't have so far) for killing dragons since if you don't they'll plow through your team, and maybe even then they still might.

You do look like you need a good wall. I suggest Jellicent.
    BadAssGardevoir likes this.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!