Help me complete my team

Thread: Help me complete my team

Default Help me complete my team

I made a team of five Pokémon but I still don't know which one should be the sixth one... Help me please? I'm making a balanced team, here are my Pokémon:

Hydreigon Lv. 100 Male Levitate DARK/DRAGON
    @Shell Bell Modest nature, Alert to sounds
    252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

-Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast

Haxorus Lv. 100 Male Mold Breaker DRAGON
    @Lum Berry Adamant nature, Quick tempered
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Defense

-Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    -Dragon Dance

Volcarona Lv. 100 Female Flame Body BUG/FIRE
    @Charcoal Timid nature, Alert to sounds
    252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Special Defense

-Bug Buzz
    -Flamethrower
    -Psychic
    -Quiver Dance

Archeops Lv. 100 Male Defeatist ROCK/FLYING
    @Flying Gem Adamant nature, Alert to sounds
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

-Stone Edge
    -Acrobatics
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Claw

Ferrothorn Lv. 100 Male Iron Barbs GRASS/STEEL
    @Leftovers Sassy nature, Capable of taking hits
    252 HP / 88 Defense / 170 Special Defense

-Gyro Ball
    -Leech Seed
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic

So, as you can see, I have two special attackers, two physical attackers and one defensive Pokémon. I was thinking about the sixth Pokémon being a mix between special attacker and defensive, but I'm not sure... It's this one:

Reuniclus Lv. 100 Female Magic Guard PSYCHIC
    @Life Orb Modest nature, Often dozes off/Mischievous
    252 Special Attack / 252 HP / 6 Defense

-Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Recover

I thought of Energy Ball because none of my Pokémon can deal with Water-types properly (yes, Ferrothorn, Haxorus and Hydreigon resist it, but they can't attack it super-effectively) because no one knows an Electric-type move or an offensive Grass-type move, and this is important because Water is the most common type in the game. I don't rely too much on Thunder's accuracy (I know it's the same as Hydreigon's Focus Blast but I had no option). I'd also like it to be a female since Volcarona is the only female in the team and I would be easy prey to Attract.

It's important that it's a Generation V Pokémon, those are the conditions of the tournament I'm going to participate in! Thank you for your time, I hope you can help me.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help me complete my team

I haven't dabbled in team building and team synergy in quite a while, but a Pokemon such as Jellicent could also fill a spot on your team.

Jellicent / LV. 100 / Female / Water Absorb / WATER/GHOST
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
    @ Leftovers

- Scald / Surf
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Taunt

A very standard Physical Wall set could compliment your Ferrothorn nicely, and complete a basic core with your Volcarona and Ferrothorn as well. It can switch in to nullify Water-type attacks entirely as well as stop the bulk of physical attackers that frequent Generation 5. With a status infliction such as Burn at your finger tips you can stop most physical attackers in their tracks, subsequently opening up potential opportunities to sweep. And while your worries toward Water-types is fair, in a tournament restricted to Generation 5, Water-type Pokemon, or Water-type moves are a small priority. Any worry you should have in regards to Water-types can be alleviated in one swoop with a Pokemon such as Jellicent.

Good luck!

Can you believe the other option I had was Jellicent? I like that set you recommended a lot, the thing is that Ferrothorn is already holding a Leftovers, and the rules of the tournament say no repeated items are allowed... What other item do you recommend?

Thank you very much, by the way!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Can you believe the other option I had was Jellicent? I like that set you recommended a lot, the thing is that Ferrothorn is already holding a Leftovers, and the rules of the tournament say no repeated items are allowed... What other item do you recommend?

I wouldn't be surprised, he's very popular and can hold his own! The first option that comes to mind is giving Ferrothorn a Shed Skin, and giving Jellicent the Leftovers. That way Ferrothorn isn't at risk of status inflictions. But let me double check other possible Items.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

I wouldn't be surprised, he's very popular and can hold his own! The first option that comes to mind is giving Ferrothorn a Shed Skin, and giving Jellicent the Leftovers. That way Ferrothorn isn't at risk of status inflictions. But let me double check other possible Items.
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post

What?
    I've seen Ferrothorn being given Shed Skin in place of Leftovers. He can also use a Rocky Helmet well, too.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What?
    I've seen Ferrothorn being given Shed Skin in place of Leftovers. He can also use a Rocky Helmet well, too.
    There is no item as shed skin. It is shed shell and it does not cure status. Did you mean lum berry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

What?
    There is no item as shed skin. It is shed shell and it does not cure status. Did you mean lum berry?
    Oh, you're absolutely right, I was wrong. I must have thought Shed Skin as in the ability, and equated it to the Item Shed Shell, despite that not being the items ability. What a mix up. In that case, yes, a Lum Berry. But even then the Rocky Helmet could be a better choice. It all depends upon which threats your Ferrothorn is attempting to check.