Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail
    ~Stone Edge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang
    ~Earthquake/Ice Fang/Fire Fang

This Tyrantrum abuses Strong Jaw Poison Fang (which has a staggering 50% chance to inflict Toxic this gen) and Dragon Tail to spread status and rack up hazard damage. It bolsters its lower Sp Def with full investment and the Assault Vest. It enjoys Sand and Wish support.
    This set is the better of the two. The other set is a worse version of better dragons. You definitely want to take advantage of his great ability.
    Thanks mate, that's actually my custom set while the other is the standard. I designed it for RU but thought I'd throw it out there of anyone wanted to try it in higher tiers.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardest Pokemon to Build Around

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    @snowlioness87;
    Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail

This Tyrantrum abuses Strong Jaw Poison Fang (which has a staggering 50% chance to inflict Toxic this gen) and Dragon Tail to spread status and rack up hazard damage. It bolsters its lower Sp Def with full investment and the Assault Vest. It enjoys Sand and Wish support.
    This set is the better of the two. The other set is a worse version of better dragons. You definitely want to take advantage of his great ability.
    Thanks mate, that's actually my custom set while the other is the standard. I designed it for RU but thought I'd throw it out there of anyone wanted to try it in higher tiers.
    I agree. Great staying potential. I'd pair it with a bulky Wish user along the line of Vaporeon or Sylveon. I'd probably run Earthquake and Fire Fang in the final two slots. Gives Tyrantrum the chance to deal with both Ferrothorn and Air Balloon Excadrill. I'm sure that Tyrantrum would love a partner who could throw up Rocks early on.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    @snowlioness87;
    Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail

I agree. Great staying potential. I'd pair it with a bulky Wish user along the line of Vaporeon or Sylveon. I'd probably run Earthquake and Fire Fang in the final two slots. Gives Tyrantrum the chance to deal with both Ferrothorn and Air Balloon Excadrill. I'm sure that Tyrantrum would love a partner who could throw up Rocks early on.
    Not super confident on Dragon Tail though. I'd rather use Crunch there.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

@snowlioness87;
    Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail

Dragon Tail is the other staple of the set along with Poison Fang. The point is toxic-shuffling.

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

@snowlioness87;
    Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail

Dragon Tail is the other staple of the set along with Poison Fang. The point is toxic-shuffling.
    Does he have the staying power to utilize the set well? Based off of your experiences? Moving back to the topic, what team do you use him in?

Speaking of Tyrantrum, do you guys think Tyrantrum will be better once its HA is released? STAB Head Smash with no recoil sounds awesome to me.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

@snowlioness87;
    Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
    Strong Jaws
    Careful
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp Def
    ~Poison Fang
    ~Dragon Tail

Does he have the staying power to utilize the set well? Based off of your experiences? Moving back to the topic, what team do you use him in?
    He does in RU, that's the only place I've playtested him.

@Norzan Undoubtedly

Blog Entries

@Norzan Undoubtedly
    Standard phazing. The only Pokemon that steer from the rest are Slurpuff and Golurk, but I'm sure they were on cleaning duty.

Another Pokemon I've had a hard time integrating into my team has been Salamence. I was running a mixed set early on in my BBL run and it wasn't really doing much help for me so I ditched it.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

@Norzan Undoubtedly
    Standard phazing. The only Pokemon that steer from the rest are Slurpuff and Golurk, but I'm sure they were on cleaning duty.

Another Pokemon I've had a hard time integrating into my team has been Salamence. I was running a mixed set early on in my BBL run and it wasn't really doing much help for me so I ditched it.
    Golurk actually spinblocks and alleviates the Fight weakness shared by Cryogonal, Steelix, and Tyrantrum. Slurpuff also alleviates the Fight weakness and cleans like you mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kimono Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Kimono Dragon on Tumblr Visit Kimono Dragon's Youtube Channel

I desperately want to find a way to use Magician Delphox, but can't ever seem to find or think of one.

Oh wicked spirit born of a lost soul in limbo...
    FC: 3583-0682-5894

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Neko View Post
    I desperately want to find a way to use Magician Delphox, but can't ever seem to find or think of one.
    I've been using Power Herb+Solar Beam on mine...it's gimmicky so it's hard to recommend but it's a good surprise against Water switches. Focus Sash is a possible option if you can play around priority. Pinch berries or Weakness Policy might work but you'd have to be careful as Delphox is prone to getting OHKO'd.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blaziken. I tried to use it but it is too frail and too powerful which results in it killing itself with Flare Blitz or atleast do too much damage to itself.

Gengar was hard too. Those pokes everyone uses in a good way is the ones I suck with
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

I've heard of people having a lot of fun with Contrary Malamar but I just can't seem to get it to work. I wanna know if anybody here ever had any success with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maneaterliongirafff1 View Post
    I've heard of people having a lot of fun with Contrary Malamar but I just can't seem to get it to work. I wanna know if anybody here ever had any success with him.
    He was on my Dark Gym team until I finished breeding my Mandibuzz - I never looked back. He was thoroughly mediocre.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maneaterliongirafff1 View Post
    I heard the Banded Superpower set is ok. Otherwise its a pretty bad Pokemon. Not too good of stats. Probably a decent Intimidate sponge.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast