Going to create a MixWeather Team

Thread: Going to create a MixWeather Team

Yun
    Blog Entries

Default Going to create a MixWeather Team

Well, this thread is still in development.

For now, I will tell you the lineup I wish for; Politoed, Reuniclus, Omastar, Abomasnow, Slowking, Excadrill.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Default Re: Going to create a MixWeather Team

I am not for sure if you want suggestions or not now but I feel a Mixed Weather Team will not work out for you. There would be to many flaws with it.

A grass type move could rip through this team if boosted through Sunny Day
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

actually sun doesn't boost grass type power but it DOES allow solarbeam to go without a charge turn. on the other hand it increases fire type power which would destroy excadrill... actually I don't think sun is part of her strategy and abomasnow (the one double weak to fire) has snow warning which would stop the sunny day. But I agree with the posts above this is a really really risky tactic and will likely be turned againt you. (politoad allows supereffective thunders to hit him and omastar with perfect accuracy) Now if you put together a team to take advantage of opponent's weather strategies you may find more success.

here's a start: Excadrill (sand rush/force) chandelure (+power overheat in sun/solarbeam) froslass (with brightpowder and double team for hail invisability) ludicolo (rain dish + leftovers + gigadrain) and as backup: altaria (dream world swablu gives cloud nine) and gigalith (or your pokemon of choice, gigalith is my fav)

You don't understand. All it takes is a Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo and this team is on the back foot. I know it doesnt boost all grass moves but Solarbeam is the most dominant of these moves in the right situation. Energy Ball would also rip through this team.

Okay, other person uses sunny day, got it.
    That's where a chadelure would come in handy. Sunny day boosts overheat which is super effective on grass types, and chandelure can steal their stratagy with it's own solarbeam.

Overheat wouldn't work on a Poke that is a fire type or has Flash Fire. You dont have to counter just grass types.

Not True Just Because you can get off a Solar Beam Instantly would not mean you would rip through the team. For one you have to be faster. Two- You better hope you will take out the enemy. My Politoad can take Spec Attacks Like a Boss but I designed him for that purpose I do not know what his will do. 3 Chandelure would not do so well with Solar Beam just Because it does not get STAB. A Politoad could counter a Grass Type or Fire Type if it was trained right and you have to be able to have your sunny Day set up. If you send it out he Does have another pokemon in Waiting that can set up another weather effect. I would also like to say that you have to train right to survive these things. If you were not prepared I am sure Solar Beam from a Heavy Special Attacker that was Grass and in the sun would tear right through you if you were not prepared or had a counter. If you are looking to make a mix weather team I would replace a Pokemon you have for one with Sap Sipper that way you can be safe when it comes to Grass moves.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 24th May 2012 at 10:34 AM.

If you get your team together I would suggest trying it against my team. Jacel has first hand experience battling it and I see a lot of similarities. I do doubles though...

My Nerdiness has been offended, you say chandelure cannot destroy existance with a super-powered solarbeam! you prefer grass type sp. attackers to the adorable flaming haunted houselamp. well I shall see that you know that CHANDELURE IS THE #1 MOST HEAVY (non legendary) SP.ATTACKER IN EXISTANCE. WITH A BASE SP.ATTACK OF 145! (only 5 below that of reshiram) THAT IS 20 HIGHER THAN THE HIGEST GRASS TYPE SP.ATTACK* (exeggutor/roserade tie at 125)!
    *No offence or anything, I just happen to like flaming haunted Lights.

okay my nerdiness has regained it's composure.
    Chandelure was part of my rain team, he was designed to counter any sunny day strategies that my opponent may have so I know this guy's potential. his downside is his sub-par defences.

But Yes chandelure does not get stab (only 1.5x power) but with 145 sp attack it can still do some damage. Although as a0161613 said, he would not be the greatest against fire types (please note that chadelure can also have flash fire) a gigalith (or any rock or ground type type) would do a much better job of disposing fire types.

I'm still against the idea of a Mixed weather team, just because of all the possible difficuties, but if you think you can make it work I'll be glad to help.

I am just stating what it is. If you do not have the sun up a Solar Beam is useless in most cases. I have fought Many Chandelure's and have one of my own and even though it has Amazing Special attack It still does not always kill a Spec Def Water Type in Most Cases. Your Better to go with Energy Ball in my Opinion but that is just me. If You get the Sun up then Ya you are set up for Dropping Solar beams but you still need to be faster and need to be able to kill your opponent. I think a Mix weather team is Bad in all cases you have to many cons compared to your pros.

Also Roserade can counter a lot of things. Give it Weather Ball and you can do a number on something. In The Sun it is Fire and Has 100 Base Damage which helps alot if you are to encounter a Steel type. I just wanted to state that because Roserade can go on almost any weather team. In the Rain it is Deadly As well just because you have a water attack against any fire types (Chandelure :P lol ). Even though it has less special attack you can always give it choice specs or something lol.

Also I never said he could not destroy something with Solar Beam I am just saying if you are properly trained Chandelure mind not be able to Solar Beam kill you.

Even if you use Overheat you take risks simply because you lose Special attack unless you have a white Herb on. Just go with Flamethrower so you 100 Accuracy and 90 base.

You could be like the one guy I saw where he used Solar Beam on a Chandelure on the Sun and gave it a Grass Gem :P lol

Also put into note that Just Because you believe you could rip through the team with Solar Beam or Energy ball that they could use a Pokemon With Sap Sipper and completely screw up that strategy!!!

Though they Reiculous is a Great Choice because of Magic Guard also DW Abra has the ability to and would be a great option as well you then you will not be hurt by your hail if you switch into them.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 24th May 2012 at 02:57 PM.