General Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: General Discussion

I'm going to miss Excadrill, but I'm glad that Choice Scarf is now a viable item choice for Pokemon other than Politoed and Tyranitar.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here is the link for those who need it.

I'm glad to see this bans even though the mole ban hurt my signature Pokemon.

And now I feel like trying out a Volbeat + sweeper(maybe Raikou) team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    Here is the link for those who need it.

I'm glad to see this bans even though the mole ban hurt my signature Pokemon.

And now I feel like trying out a Volbeat + sweeper(maybe Raikou) team.
    I tried Tail Glow Volbeat near the start of Gen V, and I wasn't that impressed. Metagame was unstable back then, though, so it might be different now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jackspers Noirlecrow View Post
    I tried Tail Glow Volbeat near the start of Gen V, and I wasn't that impressed. Metagame was unstable back then, though, so it might be different now.
    I have encountered some of them and trust me, I have real problems dealing with them.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    I have encountered some of them and trust me, I have real problems dealing with them.
    Might have something to do with the fact that I suck with BP teams. XD

Blog Entries

Latios/Suicune/anything with a bit of bulk does pretty good as a Volbeat BP recip. I've never used Volbeat other than a stupid testing team.

Blog Entries

I'm seeing so many people argue that Volcarona and D-nite are broken. Seriously, both these guys are screwed up by stealth rock, coverage issues, passive damage. A well made team will never have problems with both of these. You want a insta-counter to them? Use Scarf Terrakion. However, parashuffler D-nite can cause troubles.
    Space Opera likes this.

Blog Entries

Actually, I think parashuffle Nite is really broken with even Rocks up. Obviously, Spikes and Tspikes help as well, but it can do so much pain.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really didn't see a purpose of banning Excadrill. Easily countered by Aqua Jet and Mach Punch, or multiple other sets. To me this is almost as ridiculous as the Garchomp ban, none of them were completely broken, Excadrill much less than Garchomp. But oh well, I play by my own rules, and I can use any Pokemon not banned in Random Matchups, Smogon can't stop me.

Also, thank god weather wasn't axed.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon. View Post
    I really didn't see a purpose of banning Excadrill. Easily countered by Aqua Jet and Mach Punch, or multiple other sets. To me this is almost as ridiculous as the Garchomp ban, none of them were completely broken, Excadrill much less than Garchomp.
    Excadrill isn't "countered by Aqua Jet and Mach Punch" if the strongest users of these moves cannot safely switch into Excadrill's attacks and need to be at +1 Attack before they even stand a chance to OHKO Excadrill. The only Pokemon that can counter Excadrill are Gliscor, Skarmory, and Bronzong.

Both Garchomp and Excadrill were banned because they centralized the metagame and had very few viable checks or counters. Their presence alone put a massive strain on teambuilding and made OU much less enjoyable for everyone who played.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon. View Post
    I really didn't see a purpose of banning Excadrill. Easily countered by Aqua Jet and Mach Punch, or multiple other sets. To me this is almost as ridiculous as the Garchomp ban, none of them were completely broken, Excadrill much less than Garchomp. But oh well, I play by my own rules, and I can use any Pokemon not banned in Random Matchups, Smogon can't stop me.

Also, thank god weather wasn't axed.
    Dude, the only pokes who can stop Excadrill are the ones mentioned by HH. None of them can be used on Hyper offensive teams. So basically, Hyper offensive teams became non-existant thanks to Excadrill. Using scarf Pokes also became impossible.
    Yeah Excadrill has its counters, so? When, a pokemon shuts down entire strategies, it is indeed ban-worthy.

@Synthesis

Gliscor does a decent job of stoping D-nite. And most stall mons don't mind Paralysis if the entry hazards aren't up.

Blog Entries

What about Azumarrill? A CB set can live most Excadrill attacks and OHKO with Aqua Jet. Then again, I suppose the key term there is CB.

Made by Blue Dragon!

You would most likely be switching Azumarill into some form of entry hazard, plus there's the chance of Excadrill attacking, so you might as well say that's half your health lost right there. No one is going to keep Excadrill in, so as you Aqua Jet all they have to do is switch to the appropriate counter or check, and you're locked into a not very effective move. Let's not forget that Excadrill is usually run with sandstorm up so that's another 1/16th of your health chipped away.

If Excadrill sets up or spins, they're still going to switch out so yeah, I don't think that's very viable.
    Last edited by Lord Syndrome; 16th October 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries

And being locked into a move in general already puts you at a disadvantage, esp. ones with immunities.

Much love to Zurr

Yeah, I'm not going to lie here. I'm no fan of Excadrill's banning myself, but I can adapt and move on. I'm just wondering what it's replacement will be. Landorus looks promising, but I've heard talk about Sand Rush Sandslash as well, which basically looks like a mini Excadrill, except for one major selling point: It gets Stone Edge. It even has the same coverage and setup moves, so I could totally see someone running a set sorta like this:

Move 1: Swords Dance
    Move 2: Earthquake
    Move 3: Stone Edge
    Move 4: Rapid Spin | X-Scissor
    Item: Leftovers
    ability: Sand Rush
    nature: Adamant
    Effort Values: 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP

But hey, that's just me :p

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast