General Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: General Discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: General Discussion

Darmanitan's been UU for a while, and I think it belongs there. Once you get over the initial horror of seeing its stats and numbers, it's not that good at all in OU. What I don't agree with, though, is Victini being in UU (if that's still the case - I haven't seen tiers for a while).

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feferi Peixes View Post
    Darmanitan's been UU for a while, and I think it belongs there. Once you get over the initial horror of seeing its stats and numbers, it's not that good at all in OU. What I don't agree with, though, is Victini being in UU (if that's still the case - I haven't seen tiers for a while).
    Darmanitan is far more powerful than Victini.

@League and @Angad

The only way I can see smogon coming out of the baton pass and Espeon mess is a complex ban, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Darmanitan and Victini are quite similar, generally Scarfed or Banded Physical Fire types. Darmanitan usually plays more scout roles with U-turn while Victini acts more as a revenge killer or a very heavy-hitter if Banded or Lorbed. Both far from broken in UU. So many good counters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Darmanitan and Victini are quite similar, generally Scarfed or Banded Physical Fire types. Darmanitan usually plays more scout roles with U-turn while Victini acts more as a revenge killer or a very heavy-hitter if Banded or Lorbed. Both far from broken in UU. So many good counters.
    Well, Darmanitan has arguably better coverage and is slightly more difficult to revenge kill.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I imagine that Darmanitan will probably be a big threat in the new UU tier. Due to Sheer Force preventing LO recoil, Darmanitan might be somewhat less predictable than Victini. Victini can, however, still run mixed sets to catch people off-guard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clowncrete View Post
    Well, Darmanitan has arguably better coverage and is slightly more difficult to revenge kill.
    True, but constant rock damage doesn't help its longativity; same goes for Victini, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    I imagine that Darmanitan will probably be a big threat in the new UU tier. Due to Sheer Force preventing LO recoil, Darmanitan might be somewhat less predictable than Victini. Victini can, however, still run mixed sets to catch people off-guard.
    Eh, Darmanitan will most likely stay predominantly as a scout with a lesser percentile using Lorb, like before. It still hits like a beast and Sheer Force hiding Lorb recoil does help keep the element of surprise, but the damage dealt varies drastically so it'll usually be fairly obvious after its gotten in a hit or two.

Blog Entries

True, but constant rock damage doesn't help its longativity; same goes for Victini, though.Eh, Darmanitan will most likely stay predominantly as a scout with a lesser percentile using Lorb, like before. It still hits like a beast and Sheer Force hiding Lorb recoil does help keep the element of surprise, but the damage dealt varies drastically so it'll usually be fairly obvious after its gotten in a hit or two.
    I doubt whether scarf Darmanitan would be useful. There will be stealth rock, sandstorm and spikes which means that scarf Darmanitan will be dead before it can do anything notable. While the same applies to the LO set, it hits a lot harder and can switch moves.

Blog Entries

I doubt whether scarf Darmanitan would be useful. There will be stealth rock, sandstorm and spikes which means that scarf Darmanitan will be dead before it can do anything notable. While the same applies to the LO set, it hits a lot harder and can switch moves.
    Oh, true. I forgot about Sand so yeah I can definitely see it drop in useage. Well, Sand was always present in UU, but Potas had nothing on Hippowdon. Also, I can see Donphan going down in useage as Hippowdon is a better, just-as bulky rocks layer, minus the Rapid Spin.

Blog Entries

Oh, true. I forgot about Sand so yeah I can definitely see it drop in useage. Well, Sand was always present in UU, but Potas had nothing on Hippowdon. Also, I can see Donphan going down in useage as Hippowdon is a better, just-as bulky rocks layer, minus the Rapid Spin.
    Maybe we'll see more stall in UU now thanks to hippo falling there.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Maybe we'll see more stall in UU now thanks to hippo falling there.
    Sand Offense will probably become more popular than Sand Stall. Stoutland and Cacturne can really rip teams apart under proper circumstances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Sand Offense will probably become more popular than Sand Stall. Stoutland and Cacturne can really rip teams apart under proper circumstances.
    good point and I also forgot Bisharp.

Blog Entries

Eh, Stoutland is so annoying with Retalliation. I've seen Drillbur in UU in conjunction with Sand teams, and Gligar.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just hope that the new Sand users will stop all the Grass Pokemon running around to a certain degree, however I'm doubtful. The new Sand teams will also hamper sweepers like Yanmega who need what HP they have to survive and finish a successful sweep.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

At least I don't have to pack something in my team to counter Excadrill or Thundurus now. Sometimes I love Smogon.
    Although, I now need to find something to replace Thundurus on my Sun team.

Blog Entries

Wow, this should really shake up the metagame. FUCK YEAH! I'M GOING TO ABUSE HYPER OFFENSE NOW!

Much love to Zurr

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast