General Chat Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Default Re: General Chat Thread

Oh nice Terra! What's your ranking? Last time I checked mine was 1322 which is higher than I ever thought I'd be. It'd be cool to see you around.

Yea I hear you about taking a break with pokemon shark, but with all my responsibilities here it's starting to feel like a job sometimes. Not really complaining though as this is an amazing job! I have been playing more Minecraft and Fallout though. It's been really fun to dive back into my favorite series. Oh how I've missed you Mojave.

I've never really played TF2, but I've heard it's really fun.

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

It's a ton of fun in general...except for hats and weapons trading. :/

Blog Entries

I think I just hit 1317. Team I've been using is 12-3

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Hats sound ridiculous, but ultimately the reason I'd play TF2. I actually stay away from games like DOTA, LoL, and TF2 as aside from pokemon I don't like competition very much. Probably stems from call of duty and my Xbox days.

Dude that's impressive, my current team I'm using has a 21-16 ratio which isn't bad. Have you noticed that the higher the ladder the less gimmicks you see. I haven't seen one Focus Lens Kingdra yet!

~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

I've noticed that people start to use more Hazzards. Also a lot lets Mega Zards.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Hazards are really prevalent in the gen 6 OU meta in general. I've been helping my apprentice on showdown and I've noticed even in the 1100s hazards are very common. Which is great because the gen 5 meta didn't already have enough hazard use. Megas are a mixed bag as I've noticed there's not really a top tier of megas. Outside of manetric and Houndoom all the megas are seeing some use. It'll be interesting to see what megas become a OU staple in a few months.

~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssKoala View Post
    Hazards are really prevalent in the gen 6 OU meta in general. I've been helping my apprentice on showdown and I've noticed even in the 1100s hazards are very common. Which is great because the gen 5 meta didn't already have enough hazard use. Megas are a mixed bag as I've noticed there's not really a top tier of megas. Outside of manetric and Houndoom all the megas are seeing some use. It'll be interesting to see what megas become a OU staple in a few months.
    Interestingly enough the only MManetric I've seen is my own. Works out pretty good with my team. Just trying to decide between Heliolisk, Galvantula, and Crobat to win the 6th spot on my team.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Blog Entries

That's an interesting mix of pokemon to take your 6th spot. I'm not really to impressed with Heliolisk. He's an interesting rain team pokemon but that normal type really holds him back in my opinion. Crobat is awesome! I've been using a bulky offensive Crobat on a team of mine forever, and he's never let me down.

~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

I have been using hazards in just about all of my matches, and for good reason: Talonflame and the Mega Charizards are some of the most annoying pokemon that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Edit: Thank goodness for stealth rocks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_Jared View Post
    I have been using hazards in just about all of my matches, and for good reason: Talonflame and the Mega Charizards are some of the most annoying pokemon that I have to deal with on a daily basis.
    Talonflame is so annoying. I can deal with the Zards ok, but it's hard to work around a Tflame. Everyone I talk to seems to hate talonflame. The OU chatroom on showdown even occasionally grumbles about a ban to ubers, but I doubt that'll happen.

~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

Talonflame gets dealt with the same way CharY does. A quick Fake Out followed by a Stone Edge.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Blog Entries

And the fact that just about everyone seems to be using Gale Wings Talonflame makes it even more irritating in general. I mean seriously I want to put Talonflame up there with Darkrai in terms of annoyance, but I mean at least with Talonflame you can bring in stealth rocks, Rotom-W and H, fake out and extreme speed users, and bulky water, rock, and ground types to counter it unlike Dark void Darkrai.

Blog Entries

Talonflame from what I've seen is very situational, he is easy to deal with but hard if the proper steps aren't taken. I have two teams with three pokemon each that deal with Char Y and Talonflame so I'm not bothered to much by him. I don't even get into wi fi battles on my 3DS anymore because of dark void darkrai. Although when I do battle I see a lot more people using Verlisify pokemon. I then laugh and stomp their team.

~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

I had the misfortune of facing them, and usually every one of the players who used Darkrai would ragequit after I had crushed their Darkrai like a bug. Also taunt foils a lot of Verlisify's pokemon team strategies in general.

Blog Entries

True, I've noticed that too. Which is why I carry around my Bannete when I am in the mood to battle on Nintendo wi fi. I really don't see the point in battling online though as it's tons of kids who don't EV train and just spam sleep moves or legends. Game freak really needs to clean up their servers.

~Ground Elite 4~

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast