General Chat Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: General Chat Thread

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knightlite View Post
    Hey there everyone! I'm thinking about getting into competitive battling for the first time in any game. Don't think I will be too good though! XD
    Hey! Welcome to the community, I'm sure anybody here will be glad to help you out. If you have any questions about battling, strategies, team building, or anything, feel free to drop me a VM. :)

Follow dada On Twitter
    Follow dada on Tumblr Visit dada's Youtube Channel

I'm gonna try to see if I can build a competitive team using only non-evolved pokémon (those that don't have an evolution don't count). I wonder how far you can get while limiting yourself to just those. Anyone tried that before?

3DS FC: 2852-7585-5204 - TSV: 850
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Machoke, Throh, Tyrogue)
    Feel free to add my code and PM me yours!

Kalos Fishing Guide - List of All Pokémon Anime Episodes - My Reddit Account and Reference Topic

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    I'm gonna try to see if I can build a competitive team using only non-evolved pokémon (those that don't have an evolution don't count). I wonder how far you can get while limiting yourself to just those. Anyone tried that before?
    Yes, and quite successfully as well. In Ubers, no less.

I've been building competitive teams since Platinum but it's tougher than I thought. You see flaws in them and by the time you fix those flaws you no longer have the team you started out with. Then BW and B2W2 introduced hidden abilities, making Pokemon I love more usable but it was such a hassle for me. XY made it a little easier with Friend Safari but if others in your area don't play then you're screwed, which makes the Bulbagarden a haven for this stuff.

Now I just need to post a bunch so I can join groups and pm my fellows.

Who else is going to Madison, Wisconsin for the regionals in April?

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

MOAR POKEMON OF THE WEEK PLEASE.

I love talking about pokemon I normally wouldn't use, as well as strategies that are uncommon. This community is small but it's definitely separate from Smogon which leads to differing strategies. I'm excited!

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    MOAR POKEMON OF THE WEEK PLEASE.

I love talking about pokemon I normally wouldn't use, as well as strategies that are uncommon. This community is small but it's definitely separate from Smogon which leads to differing strategies. I'm excited!
    I'm glad you enjoy them! I was planning on talking to Glory Blaze about getting two pokemon of the week up weekly.

Blog Entries

I feel like this chat thread doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. It kinda seems like we're all serious business here at the BBC, so with that in mind how is everyone?
    Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!

Yeah let's liven this place up a bit, take a load off after a battle :D

Hmm for me I'm fine, have exams all week so I'm a bit stressed. It's kinda hard to tell how much studying is enough @_@

FC: 3394-3742-8499 IGN: Kevin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker View Post
    Yeah let's liven this place up a bit, take a load off after a battle :D

Hmm for me I'm fine, have exams all week so I'm a bit stressed. It's kinda hard to tell how much studying is enough @_@
    It is nice to relax after good battle. Battles against JTFX are always stressful, The guy's way to good :p.

Oh exams :|, I've been doing testing too. Theres never to much studying! I usually find taking notes and paying attention in class's are the best way to learn. It never works to cram a lot of studying in the night before *_*, but I'm in highschool so it's still pretty chill. I bet college is so much harder.
    Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!

Blog Entries

I've been team building for a few years (2-3 years), not to mention playing Team Fortress 2 (My favorite class being spy) and yeah I eventually formed a team building template based off of TF2. Also, I'm training to be a nurse so my battling schedule has changed quite a bit since I went back to school to get my nursing degree, but it'll be worth it once I complete all my required courses and rotations for said degree. :)

Yeah battles are somehow both relaxing and stressful, I'm a pile of nerves after going through battles in a row (note to future challengers: take it easy on me :P) And gym leaders are another story altogether @_@

I was lazy so I didn't really study at high school until the end, luckily too since it helped prepare me for college and beyond. It's always good to make time for Pokemon and other hobbies though, everyone needs to relax somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_Jared View Post
    I've been team building for a few years (2-3 years), not to mention playing Team Fortress 2 (My favorite class being spy) and yeah I eventually formed a team building template based off of TF2.
    Ah TF2...I was addicted to that back when the Orange Box came out, Spy's my favorite too but I'm most effective as an Engineer. Never going to touch Sniper since I find it hard to aim with a mouse (I'm more of a console FPS guy) and maybe a Heavy sometimes if the team needs it.

FC: 3394-3742-8499 IGN: Kevin

Blog Entries

Just been laddering with a team I hope I can reveal soon. Probably next BBL season.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker View Post
    Ah TF2...I was addicted to that back when the Orange Box came out, Spy's my favorite too but I'm most effective as an Engineer. Never going to touch Sniper since I find it hard to aim with a mouse (I'm more of a console FPS guy) and maybe a Heavy sometimes if the team needs it.
    Sniper's not so bad once you adjust your mouse sensitivity settings for the game. Speaking of which, the one class that I never got used to was the Scout, I mean I can play all of the other classes quite well, but I just can't get used to the Scout and his insane speed, mainly because I suck at controlling the Scout's speed in general. :/

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast