Thread: General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: General Chat Thread

Hg
    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.
    I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.
    I see. Well then, if the OU pokemon and UU pokemon will help me win the Pokemon World Tournament, then I'll stick with it. What about the Wi-Fi battles? Is it ok that I can use the pokemon that I've befriended with from Pokemon Dream World in the tournament?
    Yes, it's perfectly fine to use Pokemon you've gotten from the Dream World. I used a Dream World Kangaskhan and a Dream World Cacturne in my playthrough.

Hg
    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.
    I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.
    I see. Well then, if the OU pokemon and UU pokemon will help me win the Pokemon World Tournament, then I'll stick with it. What about the Wi-Fi battles? Is it ok that I can use the pokemon that I've befriended with from Pokemon Dream World in the tournament?
    Yes, it's perfectly fine to use Pokemon you've gotten from the Dream World. I used a Dream World Kangaskhan and a Dream World Cacturne in my playthrough.
    Ok. So its fine that I can use the pokemon from the Dream World for battles, huh? Well okay. Thank you so much.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

So I'll just post here I guess. I'm looking to make a team focusing on Celebi, but I'm inexperienced and I honestly don't know how I'd build the team. I don't really know what a good core is with Celebi, or what synergises well with it. So, I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to toss around a few ideas for me about a good core, or some Pokemon that generally work well with different Celebi sets? Something like a Celebi/Heatran core? Once I actually have an idea, I'll make a proper RMT for it, but I just want a bit of help starting because I don't really know how to start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    So I'll just post here I guess. I'm looking to make a team focusing on Celebi, but I'm inexperienced and I honestly don't know how I'd build the team. I don't really know what a good core is with Celebi, or what synergises well with it. So, I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to toss around a few ideas for me about a good core, or some Pokemon that generally work well with different Celebi sets? Something like a Celebi/Heatran core? Once I actually have an idea, I'll make a proper RMT for it, but I just want a bit of help starting because I don't really know how to start.

The Tinkelbell (t-wave) is definitely easy to core with. Heatran is always a good partner for it, along with Ferrothorn (other than the shared fire weakness.) Rotom-W is also a good teammate.

Much love to Zurr

You need to be careful with running Heatran because of all the Genesect and Dugtrio cores running rampant on the ladder right now. If you pair Heatran and Celebi I suggest you go defense with shed shell or run Magma Storm over Fire Blast or Flamethrower.

Also run HP Ice on Celebi to not become Dragonite dinner.

Blog Entries

Heatran and Gyarados/Rotom-W make a great FWG core with Celebi. Celebi's typing leaves it a lot of weaknesses so it can be hard to find something that compliments all its weaknesses and vice versa. However, it pairs great with Steel types as a whole, aside from the shared Fire weakness.

Blog Entries

SubRoost Kyurem is such a great pokemon.

Much love to Zurr

Top 15 things Kyurem can beat from behind a substitute: Dragonite, Politoed, Heatran, Rotom-W, Terrakion, Gliscor, Breloom, Latios, Salamence.

Nine things and it's pretty easy to get a up a sub. Against anything that applies pressure early on Kyurem is absolutely dead weight though because it has awful and average average attacking stats.

By the way, sub toxic Moltres plus Abomasnow is incredible.
    Last edited by Takaki; 1st October 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

By the way, sub toxic Moltres plus Abomasnow is incredible.
    I would love to see this in action! Do post a replay of it if you can.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I'll go on my Pokemon Showdown account, beat somebody and link a replay. I'll try to make it a game against a well known team if I can.
    Last edited by Takaki; 2nd October 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Sounds good! I've so rarely seen Moltres in any of the higher tiers.

Blog Entries

Might as well post in here.

I've been playing a lot of UU on Showdown recently, in a team that uses Spikes and Stealth Rock to rack up damage. The team is:

-Roserade
    -Sableye
    -Swampert
    -Snorlax
    -Sharpedo
    -???

The ??? is there because I can't make up my mind on what I want that member to be. I think I want it to be something scarfed. I've used Heracross, Houndoom, and Porygon-Z with a scarf and I feel like there's something better I could be using. Any suggestions? I feel like Fighting and Fire are two options that would really help this team, but I dunno about Darmanitan.

(I could go into more detail about the team, but not right now)

Also, Shuckle is really fun to use in NU. It's difficult, but I've caused some damage with it late game. I'm in the process of making a new NU team, with the only for sure members being Shuckle, Rampardos, and Drifblim.

I don't know what sets you a running but I'm going to recommend this Mew set that is excellent at waring down Sharpedo's counters for an easy late game clean. This set perfprms very consistently.

Mew @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    @Neosquid;
    crystallineEntropy likes this.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Also, Shuckle is really fun to use in NU. It's difficult, but I've caused some damage with it late game. I'm in the process of making a new NU team, with the only for sure members being Shuckle, Rampardos, and Drifblim.
    What Shuckle set do you use?
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

@Takaki; I dunno, that set looks walled to death by Sableye and some other Pokemon. Mew has potential though, with those stats and movepool.....especially the movepool.

@Lord Clowncrete;

~Contrary
    ~Leftovers
    -Shell Smash
    -Power Split
    -Toxic
    -Rest

It's very situational, but it can work well late game against certain Pokemon. I haven't played much with the team, but this Shuckle caused three people to almost ragequit.

Also, Drifblim is such a boss in NU.

~Unburden
    ~Chest Berry
    -Rest
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt

People usually don't see what's coming, so they screw around with Toxic and similar moves. "Oh, I just statused your Drifblim, it's useless now." NOPE. I just Rest it off, which activates Chesto Berry and Unburden, causing its speed to double. This Drifblim also has a lot of Defense EV's so it can take some hits while setting up.

Rampardos is also fun.

~Mold Breaker
    ~Choice Scarf
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Superpower

This set can destroy everything. Outrage is actually pretty good due to the few Steel-types in NU, and can be useful for cleaning late game. Head Smash can terminate even bulky Pokemon.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast