General Chat Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on the youtube battlers?
    I love watching Youtube wifi battles, especially ones from MikeDecIsHere, MapCrim$onCobra, TheFlamingSpade and a few others.

Blog Entries

It's mainly Shofu for me, but is anyone else not a fan of players that face poor noobs and just baton pass a sweep and pretend that it is worth a damn?

Much love to Zurr

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on the youtube battlers?
    The only one I've really watched frequently is TheKillerNacho. He has some nice battles with some Pokemon that are often not used in certain tiers, and does manage to have entertaining battles where he struggles for wins, etc. I often mute his battles though, because his commentary really annoys me sometimes.

Blog Entries

I usually don't watch youtube battles, cause they don't really interest me. But since a friend from my clan, Magicmonkey, might start doing them every once and a while, I might watch his. But, yeah. Other then that, they don't really interest me.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Hey guys. I like to ask you something. Is it the good idea to use Uber pokemon for the online battles and for the pokemon tournaments? If not, then the Overused one might be it, right? Anyway, I want to make sure that I use the pokemon fair and square in the wi-fi battles and the tournament battles?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

@Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.
    I hear you. But To be honest, I don't know exact rules for Pokemon video game tournaments and the Wi-Fi battles with the Tiers like Neverused,Little Cup,Underused,Overused,and Ubers. You see, I want to use the right kind of Tiers of pokemon fair and square in that event, and in the other battles in VGC Series,and in the Wi-Fi battles. You see, for the main reason, I'm planning to prepare for Pokemon World Tournament as I want to take on Misty, and the other trainers in BW2. And if I want to face Red in that tournament, then I have to beat Blue,Alder,and Cynthia. She's definitely a tough opponent, and Alder's no pushover.

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I hear you. But To be honest, I don't know exact rules for Pokemon video game tournaments and the Wi-Fi battles with the Tiers like Neverused,Little Cup,Underused,Overused,and Ubers. You see, I want to use the right kind of Tiers of pokemon fair and square in that event, and in the other battles in VGC Series,and in the Wi-Fi battles. You see, for the main reason, I'm planning to prepare for Pokemon World Tournament as I want to take on Misty, and the other trainers in BW2. And if I want to face Red in that tournament, then I have to beat Blue,Alder,and Cynthia. She's definitely a tough opponent, and Alder's no pushover.
    I'm not sure what tournament you mean, but here was the 2012 VGC Rules, if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    I'm not sure what tournament you mean, but here was the 2012 VGC Rules, if that's what you're looking for.
    Ok. Thank you for VCG 2012 rules. The tournament that I kind of refering too is Pokemon World Tournament in BW2. Take a look at these...

Pokémon World Tournament - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - Kanto Leaders
    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - World Leaders
    I've already consider Misty as my rival. Even if she not the anime version. I always wanted to beat Misty in a battle. Therefore, PDW is an opportunity for me to take her down.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - Champion League

Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.

I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?

No, I mean, the PWT trainers are so awful that you can use even hilariously bad stuff and win. For example, you can sweep most of them with one layer of toxic spikes and a level one Magnemite.

Blog Entries

I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.
    I see. Well then, if the OU pokemon and UU pokemon will help me win the Pokemon World Tournament, then I'll stick with it. What about the Wi-Fi battles? Is it ok that I can use the pokemon that I've befriended with from Pokemon Dream World in the tournament?

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Playing in game, you should just train up a team of your favourite Pokemon and/or Pokemon you wanna try and use, and just use them. IMO, playing competitively is silly in-game. You should just be using the Pokemon you train and play with and have fun. EV training etc, and playing competitively etc should be reserved for playing in the competitive scene against other people. And not everyone you play with/against will be using EV trained competitive Pokemon either, so I wouldn't bother. Again, just play with your in-game teams and train up Pokemon that you want to use.

If you plan on getting into competitive battling, that's a whole different thing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast