General Chat Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 121
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: General Chat Thread

  1. #16
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,132
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on the youtube battlers?
    I love watching Youtube wifi battles, especially ones from MikeDecIsHere, MapCrim$onCobra, TheFlamingSpade and a few others.

  2. #17
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    It's mainly Shofu for me, but is anyone else not a fan of players that face poor noobs and just baton pass a sweep and pretend that it is worth a damn?

    Much love to Zurr

  3. #18
    Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Camped by a billabong
    Posts
    973

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on the youtube battlers?
    The only one I've really watched frequently is TheKillerNacho. He has some nice battles with some Pokemon that are often not used in certain tiers, and does manage to have entertaining battles where he struggles for wins, etc. I often mute his battles though, because his commentary really annoys me sometimes.

  4. #19
    bored ~Aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    the netherworlds
    Posts
    250
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    I usually don't watch youtube battles, cause they don't really interest me. But since a friend from my clan, Magicmonkey, might start doing them every once and a while, I might watch his. But, yeah. Other then that, they don't really interest me.


    Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!


    In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

  5. #20
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Hey guys. I like to ask you something. Is it the good idea to use Uber pokemon for the online battles and for the pokemon tournaments? If not, then the Overused one might be it, right? Anyway, I want to make sure that I use the pokemon fair and square in the wi-fi battles and the tournament battles?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  6. #21
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    @Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.

  7. #22
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.
    I hear you. But To be honest, I don't know exact rules for Pokemon video game tournaments and the Wi-Fi battles with the Tiers like Neverused,Little Cup,Underused,Overused,and Ubers. You see, I want to use the right kind of Tiers of pokemon fair and square in that event, and in the other battles in VGC Series,and in the Wi-Fi battles. You see, for the main reason, I'm planning to prepare for Pokemon World Tournament as I want to take on Misty, and the other trainers in BW2. And if I want to face Red in that tournament, then I have to beat Blue,Alder,and Cynthia. She's definitely a tough opponent, and Alder's no pushover.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  8. #23
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,132
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.
    I hear you. But To be honest, I don't know exact rules for Pokemon video game tournaments and the Wi-Fi battles with the Tiers like Neverused,Little Cup,Underused,Overused,and Ubers. You see, I want to use the right kind of Tiers of pokemon fair and square in that event, and in the other battles in VGC Series,and in the Wi-Fi battles. You see, for the main reason, I'm planning to prepare for Pokemon World Tournament as I want to take on Misty, and the other trainers in BW2. And if I want to face Red in that tournament, then I have to beat Blue,Alder,and Cynthia. She's definitely a tough opponent, and Alder's no pushover.
    I'm not sure what tournament you mean, but here was the 2012 VGC Rules, if that's what you're looking for.

  9. #24
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Shego; You should feel free to use what ever is permitted as allowed in the tournament rules.
    I hear you. But To be honest, I don't know exact rules for Pokemon video game tournaments and the Wi-Fi battles with the Tiers like Neverused,Little Cup,Underused,Overused,and Ubers. You see, I want to use the right kind of Tiers of pokemon fair and square in that event, and in the other battles in VGC Series,and in the Wi-Fi battles. You see, for the main reason, I'm planning to prepare for Pokemon World Tournament as I want to take on Misty, and the other trainers in BW2. And if I want to face Red in that tournament, then I have to beat Blue,Alder,and Cynthia. She's definitely a tough opponent, and Alder's no pushover.
    I'm not sure what tournament you mean, but here was the 2012 VGC Rules, if that's what you're looking for.
    Ok. Thank you for VCG 2012 rules. The tournament that I kind of refering too is Pokemon World Tournament in BW2. Take a look at these...

    Pokémon World Tournament - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament

    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - Kanto Leaders
    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - World Leaders
    I've already consider Misty as my rival. Even if she not the anime version. I always wanted to beat Misty in a battle. Therefore, PDW is an opportunity for me to take her down.

    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Pokémon World Tournament - Champion League
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  10. #25
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.

  11. #26
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.
    I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  12. #27
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    No, I mean, the PWT trainers are so awful that you can use even hilariously bad stuff and win. For example, you can sweep most of them with one layer of toxic spikes and a level one Magnemite.

  13. #28
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,132
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.
    I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.

  14. #29
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Well for in game trainers you could practically play Little Cup and win.
    I see. But the Little Cup pokemon might not have a chance against those guys in the PWT. If I have some evolved pokemon, would it be wise to used the OU pokemon against those who have the pokemon who scaled down to 50 (like it happened in Battle Subway)? Or is there anything else?
    Making a team of fast and hard-hittin OU and UU Pokemon seems like a good idea if they are easy.
    I see. Well then, if the OU pokemon and UU pokemon will help me win the Pokemon World Tournament, then I'll stick with it. What about the Wi-Fi battles? Is it ok that I can use the pokemon that I've befriended with from Pokemon Dream World in the tournament?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  15. #30
    Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Camped by a billabong
    Posts
    973

    Default Re: General Chat Thread

    Playing in game, you should just train up a team of your favourite Pokemon and/or Pokemon you wanna try and use, and just use them. IMO, playing competitively is silly in-game. You should just be using the Pokemon you train and play with and have fun. EV training etc, and playing competitively etc should be reserved for playing in the competitive scene against other people. And not everyone you play with/against will be using EV trained competitive Pokemon either, so I wouldn't bother. Again, just play with your in-game teams and train up Pokemon that you want to use.

    If you plan on getting into competitive battling, that's a whole different thing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •