General Chat Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    One thing I just learned is that you could use two Pickup users in Doubles with Fling and flinch your opponents constantly, while picking up each other's items (King's Rock and Razor Fang). It sounds like an interesting strategy, but it doesn't quite have a lot of mileage because both items only do 30 BP worth of damage. Moreover, there are a lot of ways to stop it, such as faster opponents, consuming your item like Sitrus Berry and so on. Still, an interesting thing to know.
    Not constantly. Only a 10% chance of flinching and Fling is a bad move in general unless you're using an Iron Ball, but then it's still super gimmicky.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    One thing I just learned is that you could use two Pickup users in Doubles with Fling and flinch your opponents constantly, while picking up each other's items (King's Rock and Razor Fang). It sounds like an interesting strategy, but it doesn't quite have a lot of mileage because both items only do 30 BP worth of damage. Moreover, there are a lot of ways to stop it, such as faster opponents, consuming your item like Sitrus Berry and so on. Still, an interesting thing to know.
    Not constantly. Only a 10% chance of flinching and Fling is a bad move in general unless you're using an Iron Ball, but then it's still super gimmicky.
    A Flung King's Rock/Razor Famg ALWAYS flinches. He's referring to using Fling on conjunction with Pickup to repeatedly Fling those items. Please read the whole post before responding next time, thanks. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivillon View Post

Thanks for reading.
    The bad thing about this is that the 2 Pokemon with the highest speed that can abuse this strategy are Dedenne and Ambipom, who have 101 and 115 speed, respectively, are outrun and destroyed by common threats such as Greninja and Talonflame. :(
    Yeah, that's a real shame. Unless you have something like Sticky Web or Tailwind (for a limited duration), it's not quite easy to pull off. Also, the game is rife with priority and speed, what with Fake Out and sometimes Choice Scarf. If those flinching moves do more damage, such as 80 like that, as well as having a fast Dark-type with Pickup, then it would see more use, though not by too much.

Thanks for reading.
    “Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness.”

Bonus article: Normal-type Reviews: Introduction (23/03/2015)

I love M-Mawile. Great Typing and moves imo. Sucker Punch is super useful.

Charizard Y may have a huge rock weakness, but I usually get destroyed by Solarbeam or Focus Blast. He covers all of his weaknesses, and he's pretty damn fast. Unless I predict right, I usually take a huge hit. At least that's been my experience.

I usually use Mamoswine to take it out. Avalanche usually does the trick.

Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

I'm thinking of trying out a Choice Band Hawlucha with Mold Breaker, I really like Hawlucha so it's frustrating that the flagship Unburden set has such serious roadblocks in OU, and that it doesn't have the luxury of plying its trade in a lower tier.

CB is something it might actually be able to pull off, I could see it making a decent Volt-Turn core with MegaMan. Aegislash is less of a problem as you can just pivot into your counter as it switches in, and being forced out by Talonflame isn't as big a deal as you aren't reliant on boosts for speed and power. I'm apprehensive about relying on HJK as a main STAB though, wish it had Brave Bird or something.

why is everything I like stuck in BL
    Last edited by Winterdaze; 18th May 2014 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    I'm thinking of trying out a Choice Band Hawlucha with Mold Breaker, I really like Hawlucha so it's frustrating that the flagship Unburden set has such serious roadblocks in OU, and that it doesn't have the luxury of plying its trade in a lower tier.

CB is something it might actually be able to pull off, I could see it making a decent Volt-Turn core with MegaMan. Aegislash is less of a problem as you can just pivot into your counter as it switches in, and being forced out by Talonflame isn't as big a deal as you aren't reliant on boosts for speed and power. I'm apprehensive about relying on HJK as a main STAB though, wish it had Brave Bird or something.

why is everything I like stuck in BL
    The classic too good for UU, but not used enough for OU.

As for CB Mold Breaker Hawlucha it sound interesting. The only thing is it doesn't have the necessary move for it to be a good enough Mold Breaker. If it had EQ I'm sure that we'd see it more often, but since other Mold Breakers *cough*Excadrill*cough* do have EQ, it sorta make it unnecessary. The only ground move it does get, Dig, is basically a 40 Power move when is useless unless its STAB or STAB Priority.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Sonic Neko and I are about to have a match in the BBL E4 tournament if any of y'all wanna watch. We're meeting in the OU Monotype chatroom, my name is Stuffy cud. I'll provide a link to our battle as soon as it starts. :)

E: Done, y'all missed it. :P Pretty good match :) OU Monotype replay: Kestron vs. Stuffy cud - Pokémon Showdown

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has anyone had any success using Mega Scizor in Rotations (or in general) I kind of find Smogon's comment "Swords Dance boosts Scizor's attack, and after two or three boosts, it's hard to stop Scizor from sweeping" incredibly weird. Its basically saying "Hey, as long as its at max attack, it'll be hard to stop!"? I mean, no shit. So I want to know how people feel about its power output.

I've also been musing about a combo with Prankster Whimsicott and Mega Pinsir. Teach Whimsicott Poison Powder and poison Pinsir (out of all the status conditions, that's the least damaging to it), and teach Pinsir Facade. A base 140 STAB Aerialate boosted move (with Helping Hand support) is going to hurt.

I'm just wondering though--is 252 HP common for Mega Kangaskhan? For some reason that's the default "usage" set on Pokemon Showdown's calculator. It's not really going to be an issue since I plan to use Mega Pinsir in Special Ratings Season 6 where all the Top 12's of the past seasons get banned, but I'd like to know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Has anyone had any success using Mega Scizor in Rotations (or in general) I kind of find Smogon's comment "Swords Dance boosts Scizor's attack, and after two or three boosts, it's hard to stop Scizor from sweeping" incredibly weird. Its basically saying "Hey, as long as its at max attack, it'll be hard to stop!"? I mean, no shit. So I want to know how people feel about its power output.
    M-Scizor should need more than a single SD to start wrecking shit. Wasting time throwing up to 3 SDs is more of a chance for the opponent to switch and KO M-Scizor.

I've also been musing about a combo with Prankster Whimsicott and Mega Pinsir. Teach Whimsicott Poison Powder and poison Pinsir (out of all the status conditions, that's the least damaging to it), and teach Pinsir Facade. A base 140 STAB Aerialate boosted move (with Helping Hand support) is going to hurt.
    A tad gimmicky. I prefer to run Frustration when on Showdown and probably Return in game.

I'm just wondering though--is 252 HP common for Mega Kangaskhan? For some reason that's the default "usage" set on Pokemon Showdown's calculator. It's not really going to be an issue since I plan to use Mega Pinsir in Special Ratings Season 6 where all the Top 12's of the past seasons get banned, but I'd like to know.
    SweperCalc.com has M-Kanga in VGC running Jolly 4/252/0/0/0/252 in about 40% of battles.

YouTube|Breeding Service

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get its gimmicky, but it gets rid of a lot of issues with using Mega Pinsir. I'd like to test it out, but it wouldn't be representative of how well it does in Season 6 Special Ratings. I should still try it though--if it works out in a world full of Rotom, M-Khan, and Heatran then it should do fine in a metagame without them.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Sonic Neko and I are about to have a match in the BBL E4 tournament if any of y'all wanna watch. We're meeting in the OU Monotype chatroom, my name is Stuffy cud. I'll provide a link to our battle as soon as it starts. :)

E: Done, y'all missed it. :P Pretty good match :) OU Monotype replay: Kestron vs. Stuffy cud - Pokémon Showdown
    which one are you? electric type trainer misplayed those first couple turns.

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook
    Visit Alexey's Youtube Channel

Ah, the timezones :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post

which one are you? electric type trainer misplayed those first couple turns.
    Dark

I think Quagsire is one of the best stallers. It sponges up physical hits.
    Toxic/protect/Recover, And if you predict a steel or poison type switch in you can go for Scald and if you get the burn cripple that pokemon. Thoughts on Quagsire?

Also do you think rain teams are still viable at all?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by リベンジ View Post
    I think Quagsire is one of the best stallers. It sponges up physical hits.
    Toxic/protect/Recover, And if you predict a steel or poison type switch in you can go for Scald and if you get the burn cripple that pokemon. Thoughts on Quagsire?
    It's alright. This Generation's Gastrodon.

Quote Originally Posted by リベンジ View Post
    Also do you think rain teams are still viable at all?
    In Singles they'd be hard to do but I'm sure that they are bigger in VGC and other Doubles formats.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast