Generation V Wifi Ladder
If any of you remember, the old Wifi thread was pretty awesome. Now, with Generation V fully underway, it seems fit to start one for the new metagame.
What is this?
Basically, people are ranked (randomly in the beginning). They move up and down rankings by battling one another. They are also categorized into tiers depending on their ranking.
How it works?
Let’s say you’re at the bottom-most tier. You can challenge anyone above you in your tier, or you can challenge the lowest ranked person in the tier above yours. If you win, you swap places with them. If you lose, well, no harm no foul. If someone challenges you, you must accept, so the person at the top can’t just refuse to take any challenges. However, to stop people from challenging over and over till they win one and move up, if you lose a battle you can’t challenge that person again for two weeks.
What you need to enter
To enter, you are required to have
A Fifth Generation Pokémon Game (At present, Pokémon Black and White).
A Pokémon team.
Working Wifi connection compatible with Pokémon.
How to join
If you want to join, simply post in this thread as follows:
Time Zone (this makes it much easier to get battles done)/
Rules and Regulations
1) One may not decline a challenge
2) You may challenge anyone above you in your tier, and the lowest ranked person in the tier above yours.
3) You swap ranks with any higher-ranked person you challenge and defeat.
4) All battles must be level 100 singles. Due to the lack of a suitable auto-level feature in BW, anyone who wishes to participate must have level 100 Pokémon ready to use in battle.
5) If you wish to temporarily take a break from Ladder play, you must ask to be on Hiatus for a reasonable amount of time. . . in which case no one can challenge you during that time. If the person you want to challenge is on Hiatus, your challenge range is extended by one. For example, I am at the top of my tier, so I can challenge the second lowest person in the tier above me if the lowest is on Hiatus.
6) You must respond to all challenges within a week; after which it is considered forfeit on your part.
8) Currently unreleased moves or Pokémon, such as Meloetta or Genesect, are not permitted.
7) The banlist is as follows:
Deoxys (Normal Form, Attack Form)
Giratina (Altered Form, Origin Form)
Shaymin (Sky Form)
Any unreleased event Pokemon
Any Pokemon with an unreleased Dream World ability
8) The Drizzle+Swift Swim combo is banned.
9) Any attempt to find a loophole in the rules will count as breaking them.
In this Ladder, the following Clauses are active:
Species Clause: Usage of two or more Pokémon with the same national Dex number is not permitted.
OHKO Clause: The following moves are banned: Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine, and Horn Drill. This move does not apply to moves called through Metronome.
Sleep Clause: Putting more than one of your opponent’s Pokémon to sleep is not allowed. Self-inflicted sleep is fine, as well as sleep caused through an ability. Again, this clause is not applicable to sleep caused by the move Metronome.
Soul Dew Clause: The item Soul Dew is banned from play.
Evasion/Accuracy Clause: Moves that affect evasion or accuracy, such as Double Team, are not allowed. This clause is not applicable to moves called by Metronome.
Again, the tiers will be randomized to start with. After that, you start dead bottom.
If there begin to be too many people per tier, an extra tier will be added.
Sign up here. The ladder starts on July 6th.
Gary M.F. Oak
ɑ Alpha ɒ
Current Sign Ups (use this to find contact info as well)