Krookodile@Choice Scarf
    Jolly nature
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Brick Break
    - Outrage

Doubles as a lead and later a revenge killer. Basically designed to get as much damage as possible on as many pokemon as possible as soon as possible.

Hydreigon@Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Surf
    - Tri-Attack

Tri-Attack may be a little lulzy, but it could have the surprise element. The rest of the moves are for coverage. The idea is to bring him in on banded EQs and go from there.

Virizion@Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Suggested by Heathcliff Huxtable. Dude's a great battler, I trust his judgement. Now, Virizion serves as more of a combination special sweeper and special wall, with Giga Drain for STAB and recovery, Focus Blast for more STAB, and Hidden Power Ice for Gliscors.

Terrakion@Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Return
    - X-Scissor

Physical sweeper. X-Scissor is for Psychics. Return for neutral coverage.

Scizor@ Leftovers
    Technician Ability
    EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite

Suggested again by Heathcliff Huxtable to serve as a dragon/Reuniclus check. Looks like a fairly promising set.

Cofagrigus@Leftovers
    Bold nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk
    - Wil-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power (fighting)
    - Psychic/Calm Mind

Physical wall and counter to the massive fighting weakness I have. Psychic helps mitigate that somewhat, and I don't see many Cofagrigus carry it, so it could be a nasty shock.
    Last edited by Feliciano; 16th May 2011 at 06:48 PM.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen V OU

Hey there, Feliciano. This team is very creative, but it could use a few improvements. You currently have no dragon-resists and nothing to effectively deal with Reuniclus. I'd first recommend changing your Scrafty to a bulky Swords Dance Scizor. It patches up your weakness to Reuniclus, gives you a somewhat reliable switch in to dragon-type attacks, and acts as a utility check to Rock Polish Terrakion. My second suggestion is that you use a Calm Mind Virizion in place of your current one. Calm Mind Virizion is an excellent anti-metagame Pokemon that can sweep unprepared teams. Lastly, you may want to consider Reuniclus in place of Cofargrigus. Reuniclus checks fighting types pretty well and is much better suited for this metagame than Cofargigus. If you use Reuniclus, you'll want a good check for Scizor. I'll leave that decision up to you.

Summary of suggested changes:

Scrafty -- > Scizor
    ??? Virizion -- > Calm Mind Virizion
    Cofagrigus -- > Reuniclus (optional)

Movesets:

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite

or

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite

Virizion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Good luck.
    Last edited by g3rgni; 29th May 2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: additional EV spread for Scizor

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Thanks for taking a look

Honestly, Cofagrigus is just one of those pokemon that I really want to use, so I'll probably be keeping him over Reuniclus.

Scizor seems awfully frail to me to be a dragon check AND a Reuniclus check AND a RP Terrakion check, though. How much damage does a Draco Meteor or Outrage do, on average, to this set? And how much damage could it put out if I opted for a Careful nature?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Scizor seems awfully frail to me to be a dragon check AND a Reuniclus check AND a RP Terrakion check, though. How much damage does a Draco Meteor or Outrage do, on average, to this set? And how much damage could it put out if I opted for a Careful nature?
    Scizor would not solve all of you problems with these Pokemon, but it would greatly help deal with some common threats. Choice Specs Latios and Calm Mind Reuniclus, for example, are very troublesome for your current team.

Here are some relevant calculations:

Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. Careful Scizor: 43.73% - 51.6%
    +1 LO Calm Mind Reuniclus vs. Careful Scizor: 52.19% - 61.22%

With Reuniclus, you will need to switch in on its Calm Mind, set up a Swords Dance, and KO it on the following turn with Bug Bite. The calculation proves that you will always survive its Focus Blast, barring a critical hit.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On ething that caught my eye is tri attack. Yeah, it may surprise people, but most of the time that allows you to hit a person super effectively. Like Running ice beam on ttar or HP fire on gengar or something. Just throwing something in and saying "eh, it has surprise value, lets use it" makes no sense, since its coverage overlaps greatly with Dragon (resisted by steel only, while normal is resisted/immune by ghost and rock, and dragon is SE against dragon types.) Usually Sazandora is stuck trying to figure out if he should use earth power or dark pulse or fire blast (or surfpick 3 of 4 along with the dragon move of your choice). Its very rare that it has space for a different move completely.

Also @teraknonion. X scissor hit grass types super effectively and is stronger than Arial ace. When AA is super effective, it has 60*2=120 base power. When Close Combat is neutral it has 120*1.5 (stab)=180 base power. So close combat and stone edge are both stronger than Arial Ace even when neutral. Unless its 4X super effective (against which one pokemon outspeeds you and the other will hit you with priority or die to anything else you use), its not worth much.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I don't think Hydreigon learns surf.

Blog Entries

It does.

Much love to Zurr

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Hydreigon's Surf is useful for, if anything, completing its coverage by hitting Heatran for super-effective damage. Some suggest Earth Power since Hydreigon can have it by breeding and Heatran's super-weak to it. I'd say no. It's an unnecessary burden to breed a Deino with Earth Power and raise it all the way up to Lv.64 (EV training included) just to have a move that might not be as good as it was made out to be, since some Heatran carry Air Balloons. Besides, Surf annihalates the lava-crawler just fine, anyway.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    On ething that caught my eye is tri attack. Yeah, it may surprise people, but most of the time that allows you to hit a person super effectively. Like Running ice beam on ttar or HP fire on gengar or something. Just throwing something in and saying "eh, it has surprise value, lets use it" makes no sense, since its coverage overlaps greatly with Dragon (resisted by steel only, while normal is resisted/immune by ghost and rock, and dragon is SE against dragon types.) Usually Sazandora is stuck trying to figure out if he should use earth power or dark pulse or fire blast (or surfpick 3 of 4 along with the dragon move of your choice). Its very rare that it has space for a different move completely.

Also @teraknonion. X scissor hit grass types super effectively and is stronger than Arial ace. When AA is super effective, it has 60*2=120 base power. When Close Combat is neutral it has 120*1.5 (stab)=180 base power. So close combat and stone edge are both stronger than Arial Ace even when neutral. Unless its 4X super effective (against which one pokemon outspeeds you and the other will hit you with priority or die to anything else you use), its not worth much.
    Tri Attack mainly caught my eye because I really hate Focus Blast missing. Fire Blast could work, though.

So...if I take out Aerial Ace on Terrakion, what should I replace it with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Tri Attack mainly caught my eye because I really hate Focus Blast missing. Fire Blast could work, though.

So...if I take out Aerial Ace on Terrakion, what should I replace it with?
    Actually, try Flamethrower. I used Hydreigon at one point; Flamethrower worked just as well.

Made by Blue Dragon!

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I don't think there are any 1HKOs or 2HKOs you'd missing out on with Flamethrower, and the accuracy is reassuring.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Flamethrower it is, then.

Cool, so I'll edit the first post and you guys can take a fresh look at it. Want another team to look at while you wait? oh god I'm so shameless