Thread: Gen 5 RMT

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default Gen 5 RMT

Ron Radk the Hydreigon

Item: Wave Incense
    Nature: Tmid
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: I'm not sure because I'm new to EVs. None I don't recon.
    Moves:
    ~Scary Face
    ~Surf
    ~Dragon Rush
    ~Work Up

Well, I mainly use him for his Sp. Atk with surf and Atk with Dragon Rush. But I don't have big plans or anything. I like him because he's not volnrable to electric and yet he can whipe out fire with his surf. He's first to kick tush and weaken the first in the others team.

Pyro the Chandelure

Item: Charcoal
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: none?
    Moves:
    ~Inferno
    ~Flame Burst
    ~Curse
    ~Hex

EDIT: Ok so Chandelure will use inferno to burn, then dealing damage with hex.
    He sorta finishes off the rest of the compatition with his moves.

Dahvie the Scolipede

Item: Poison Barb
    Nature Quirky
    Ability: Poison Point
    EVs: none
    Moves:

~Venoshock
    ~Double-Edge
    ~Toxic
    ~Iron Defense

To get them darks... I like him because he seriously weakens them with toxic.

Charizard

Item: Sharp Beak
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: None yet
    Moves:
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Inferno
    ~Fly
    ~Slash

I just really like charizard.. He gets the rest before the big guy comes out...

Blood Lust the Luxray

Item: magnet
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Rivalry
    EVs: None
    Moves:
    ~Thunder
    ~Strength
    ~Charge
    ~Wild Charge

Last but not least, my baby. He was my first caught pokemon. His best stat is Atk at 258. I use Charge, then Wild Charge.

I need one last Pokemon but I don't know what Pokemon I want. I think I would like a exploud with hammer arm, but nature? What ability? I have a lot of legendaries too, including all the B/W legends. Anyways thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Mumzy; 14th February 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen 5 RMT

i'm assuming this is your first attempt at a competitive team, as its built more like an in game team. i'll be editing this as i go along

Item: life orb / choice specs
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 hp / 252 spa / 252 spe
    Moves:
    ~fire blast / focus blast
    ~Surf
    ~Dragon pulse / draco meteor
    ~hidden power [ice]

hydreigon is more of a special attacker then a physical attacker. life orb and choice specs both boost spa, with their respective downsides. i feel this set has pretty good coverage

after looking at this more thoroughly, i feel that this team belongs in the in game RMTs. it's just not built from a competitive stand point. you would be playing OU because of hydreigon. thunder would be swapped out almost immedialty for t-bolt, because of better accuracy. these items aren't really used... it's hard to rate with it all over the place like this. hex works with statuses, like poison, para, burn... not stat changes. so you would want willow wisp on that set. the only viable set i remember for charizard is a belly drum set. luxray doesn't have that great of coverage, with two electric and two normal... I'm sorry man, this is tough

@CommandurrClowncrete
    @Synthesis
    @Heathcliff Huxtable

these guys may be able to help more and better then me
    Last edited by ~Aeon; 14th February 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

Although this is slightly outdated, I'd suggest reading this:

Introduction To Competitive Pokemon (D/P) - Smogon University

It's also recommended that you stick with regular Smogon sets while you are new to the game and until you gain your own bearings. Right now, it's very hard to help this team as it is rather lacking, and you should be making your own team for the most part. When you really understand competitive battling, come back and try again

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

@soulless shadow- Thank you so much! Yes this is for competitive battling. I've been playing for years, but with no one to play with. So I'm kinda not used to battling with others, but with the Pokemon I've favored through Gen 5 and Luxray which has been my best Pokemon since the beginning I'd say it's a good start.

Thank you for the EV help especially! And yes, I do agree that the items are lame but I wasn't quite sure what else I could use.

Well with inferno Chandelure can burn and leave major damage? Since it always burns when hit.
    Last edited by Mumzy; 14th February 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@soulless shadow

hp ice on a dragon is pointless, especially if it is called Hydreigon.

@Mumzy

Sorry dude, but I am pretty critical about this team. If you really want to battle competitively, then this team doesn't cut it out. Most of your mons stand no chance against the current Ou monsters.

Some suggestions:
    1) Battle, battle, battle. and get an idea what the world of wifi-battling. Use your current team and don't worry about the results. There is a reason to why i say this. Because it becomes a lot easier to build teams once you have some experience in battling.
    2) breed mons with more suitable natures, ives and train them perfectly for evs.
    3) If you do want to use Charizard, Chandelure,etc. then you must use them to your strengths. read about their strengths on smogon.
    4) That article suggested by synthesis helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    @soulless shadow

hp ice on a dragon is pointless, especially if it is called Hydreigon.

@Mumzy

Sorry dude, but I am pretty critical about this team. If you really want to battle competitively, then this team doesn't cut it out. Most of your mons stand no chance against the current Ou monsters.

Some suggestions:
    1) Battle, battle, battle. and get an idea what the world of wifi-battling. Use your current team and don't worry about the results. There is a reason to why i say this. Because it becomes a lot easier to build teams once you have some experience in battling.
    2) breed mons with more suitable natures, ives and train them perfectly for evs.
    3) If you do want to use Charizard, Chandelure,etc. then you must use them to your strengths. read about their strengths on smogon.
    4) That article suggested by synthesis helps a lot.
    Ok thank you. One small question, though it doesn't really matter... what other Pokemon, moves, evs etc. Work best with Luxray? Or should most of the Pokemon in this team I should switch out?

Blog Entries

Luxray got Guts from the DW which is pretty handy.

Luxray
    Item: Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP

Wild Bolt
    Return/Crunch/Elemental Fang
    Quick Attack
    Howl

Probably its best set, but it does kill itself very quickly

Blog Entries

lol. i don't know why, but i was thinking to counter other dragons. i had been to lazy to pull up smogon then, and made it up. *hits head on door of shame*

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

I appreciate your effort, but I feel that this team is inappropriate for BS&T due to its non-competitive nature. Once you have a more viable team, feel free to post another RMT thread in this subforum.

I will now be closing this thread. Please take heed of the advice you have received from soulless shadow, CommandurrClowncrete, and Synthesis. Hopefully you will find it helpful.