Gen 5 Drought - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Drought

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: Gen 5 Drought

Quote Originally Posted by Belphagor View Post
    No reason to have Excadrill on a sun team, I don't give a shit what you're doing, but Excadrill should ONLY exist in Sandstorm teams, sista.
    Just because they're mostly used on Sandstorm teams doesn't mean they aren't useful otherwise. And like they pointed out, it's mostly to counter people who try to mess up your Sunny Day with Sandstorm.

Extremely interesting team, in my own decidedly imperfect opinion. It does look very promising.

Personally, however, I wouldn't waste two whole spots just to take advantage of other weather teams. At least one, but probably both will be wasted and they'll be hugely outnumbered anyway, not to mention their lack of synergy with the rest of the team.

An odd consideration, if you truly despise other weather teams, is Gardevoir. With Trace and a Scarf, it can outrun pretty much every weather abuser going, including most Excadrill, before KOing with super effective moves or STAB Psychic, which also helps deal with your slight fighting type problem (looks like you'd have trouble taking the powerful Mach Punches and Hi Jump Kicks running around nowadays).

This would then free up a whole slot on you're squad for something else. Personally, I'd recommend of Clorophyll Venusaur for the extra sweeping potential.

Or perhaps a rapid spinner in this slot, like Claydol (who appreciates the reduced water weakness) or, and I truly wouldn't use it, Torkoal. Either way, you do seem to need a Rapid Spinner, so maybe replace Leafeon or Sawsbuck.

Finally, I'd make Ninetails either bulkier or faster (Timid) or maybe both. Without Nasty Plot Ninetails isn't really powerful enough to merit Modest, but truly does need the speed and/or bulk to repeatedly bring down the status and sun.

Apart from that, this team looks very promising. I love the moveset on tails, Volcarona is always an excellent choice and the overall concept is good, it just needs fine tuning.
    Blaziken is the king.

Current chained shinies: Starly x 1, Shinx x 2, Bronzor x 10, Roselia x 6, Beldum x 3, Sneasel x 1

Platinum friend code: 0044 9887 3561

If you think that Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations 2 deserves to be localized, PLEASE sign this petition:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/AAI2US/

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On Volorana, use Morning sun over rest so you can have either a life orb or leftovers, in sun morning sun heals 3/4s health :)

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Woah...didn't expect to see this team jump back into the spotlight. Thought people would check out the other one I put up shameless plug is shameless.

Well, that does encourage me to actually try and rebuild this team. :3

Wiil, check your PMs

Quote Originally Posted by Belphagor View Post
    No reason to have Excadrill on a sun team, I don't give a shit what you're doing, but Excadrill should ONLY exist in Sandstorm teams, sista.
    I need a Rapid Spinner, and Excadrill is the only one that really stands out to me. Were this not a sun team, I'd probably be using Starmie or Tentacruel. Besides, Mold Breaker (DW ability) Earthquake could catch a few things off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    An odd consideration, if you truly despise other weather teams, is Gardevoir. With Trace and a Scarf, it can outrun pretty much every weather abuser going, including most Excadrill, before KOing with super effective moves or STAB Psychic, which also helps deal with your slight fighting type problem (looks like you'd have trouble taking the powerful Mach Punches and Hi Jump Kicks running around nowadays).
    Indeed odd, but perhaps worth considering. Gardevoir's defense isn't that great, though. She'd only be good for a few hits.

This would then free up a whole slot on you're squad for something else. Personally, I'd recommend of Clorophyll Venusaur for the extra sweeping potential.
    TBH I adore Sawsbuck to itty bitty tiny little bits. :3 If I'm going to use a Chlorophyll sweeper, it'll be him. But Sap Sipper works on grass type status moves like Sleep Powder, too, so I'm really torn on which ability to use...

Finally, I'd make Ninetails either bulkier or faster (Timid) or maybe both. Without Nasty Plot Ninetails isn't really powerful enough to merit Modest, but truly does need the speed and/or bulk to repeatedly bring down the status and sun.
    I purposefully used Modest over Timid to ensure that Ninetales was slow enough to get the weather up should she come out against another weather user. She probably could do with a little more bulk, though - what kind of EV spread do you recommend?

Apart from that, this team looks very promising. I love the moveset on tails, Volcarona is always an excellent choice and the overall concept is good, it just needs fine tuning.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimiinthesky View Post
    On Volorana, use Morning sun over rest so you can have either a life orb or leftovers, in sun morning sun heals 3/4s health :)
    Morning Sun is an option, but Rest gets rid of status, so Volcarona can recover from being paralyzed or somesuch thing.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12