Data-Roxas's NewStuffs team

Thread: Data-Roxas's NewStuffs team

Default Data-Roxas's NewStuffs team

So I made this team not terribly long ago on Smogon, and it admittedly needs a few kinks worked out. It has had success, but mostly against people who didn't know what they were doing, or at least gave it that vibe. I tried to center it around Imposter Ditto and Kyurem-B, and this was the result. EDIT: KB and Breloom have been changed. KB is now a mostly Physical Mixed set, and Breloom is now Keldeo.

Kopykatt (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP
    - Transform

Kopykatt is my revenge-killer, and a dang good one at that. Carries a Choice Scarf, so it's only real problems at RK-ing something is limited to mostly other scarfers. He's normally a one-shot, and rarely gets more than one KO a match, but he wreaks havoc and softens up something else, normally for Kabuki or Hanzo to take down. All in all, I really like him.

Jackson-1 (Kyurem-Black) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Adamant Nature
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Outrage
    - Roost

KB is now (relatively newly) running a primarily physical mixed set. Fusion Bolt is the obligatory awesome electric coverage that KB appreciates when attacking Skarmory, and is typically my go to move when a steel type is in the wings. However, whenever Gliscor or Donphan rear their ugly heads, they're easily dispatched with an Ice Beam, even off an Adamant Nature, thanks to the E-Belt. Once offending steels are out of the way, Outrage is typically a KO for whatever else is left

Ivory (Donphan) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin

Ivory here is the token Spinner/Rocksetter, with a couple attacking moves to cover his bases in case something comes in that he handles best, or he's trapped. SpDef set to cover his weaker defenses with no speed invest to be of use in TR, ensure lowest Gyro ball power, and allow him to set and/or spin hazards after the opponent.

D'Artagnan (Keldeo-R) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword

Since I got sick of Breloom being too frail for my tastes, I decided to go a different route. I did think about Virizion, but finally I settled on Keldeo. Normally, I send Keldeo into something it threatens, sub up on the switch, and CM while they hammer at my sub, then dispatch them with one of my STABS. Secret Sword ensures that special walls don't get the better of me, and Hydro Pwn hits everything else hard after one CM.

Hanzo (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Giga Drain
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Hanzo originally carried a CSpecs until I wanted more speed and changed it to Scarf. Thankfully, Gengar's stellar SpAtk means that life sucks for whatever is hit, assuming its not a normal type being bombarded with shadowball or some likewise scenario. He is pretty fragile, but having him and kabuki means two spinblockers, which is nice, and the double ghost has worked out in my favor a couple of times. Might E-belt him and try to bluff specs, but i dunno, because scarf works pretty well for Hanzo.

Kabuki (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - Overheat
    - Energy Ball

Kabuki was the last member added, and his spot was originally taken by a Volcarona (the last two members were a reference to conquest. Hanzo's Perfect Link is Gengar/Haunter, and Okuni's was Volcarona{Okuni, historically, is the founder of kabuki theater, i think}). Anyways, I opted for a specs set, and I've had a lot of fun with it. Not much outside of rain enjoys the first Specs overheat, and most else in rain hates taking a specs Energy Ball or Shadow Ball. Flash fire has definitely come in handy a couple times. I'm probably the most impressed with Kabuki out of my whole team.

Alright, so that's my team. As far as threats, I think Keldeo is probably the most prominent one I can think of, but Hanzo dispatches them fairly easily. Rain Teams have forever trolled me in a bad way, though that was before the banning of Thundurus-I and Tornadus-T, two VERY popular rain twerps. Anyways, I'd love to hear opinions, and changes are welcome, too. As far as changes go, now that i've mentioned it, I'd prefer to keep ditto and Kyurem-B, but Kyurem-B's set is definitely up for debate, (ditto literally can't run any other set...) and the other four members are up for total overhaul.
    Last edited by Data-Roxas; 30th January 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Default Re: Data-Roxas's NewStuffs team

In all honesty, I think you should have stuck with SD Techniloom. Try this, it might work better-
    Broom (Breloom) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252spe / 252atk / 4hp
    Jolly Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed
    - Spore

The purpose is simple, switch in on something either slower or trapped into something weak on BLoom, Spore either it or whatever switches in, set up a SD then MP away. BSeed is for STAB coverage. It can OHKO Keldeo with a BSeed, but Keldeo can punch out a good chunk of it with Secret Sword.
    I can also recommend you try pure physical scarfed Kyu-B with Outrage and FBolt.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario - Smogon on Lucario
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game - Click here if you like SSB!
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby - Click here if you like competitive Pokemon!

Okay, thanks for the suggestions, sorry it took me so long to respond to them. Life kinda caught up to me, and I had to deal with some more pressing things than pokemon battling.

I'm hesitant to put another choice-locked poke on the team, since I already have three (Ditto, Chandy, Gengar), but I am interested in the pure physical KB. Do you have a link that I can find the set info at? Last I checked, Smogon hadn't updated KB's page with OU sets.

As for breloom, I'm not even sure I want him on the team anymore... I did run the SD technician set for a little bit before I posted this team, but I was disappointed by its frailty, so I switched it to Toxic Heal SubSpore. (Not a great Idea, since it still carries the SD Tech evs, but it was a start.) Now, with Toxic Heal, I find Broom to be lacking power. I think i'd like to replace him, but i'm not sure what with. I'm thinking a CM Virizion, because I like the type assortment of my team thus far.

Scarfed KyuB with Fusion Bolt, Stone Edge, Outrage and Zen Headbutt works VERY well.
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game - Click here if you like SSB!
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby - Click here if you like competitive Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikmin1211 View Post
    Scarfed KyuB with Fusion Bolt, Stone Edge, Outrage and Zen Headbutt works VERY well.
    I don't doubt that the poke murderizes, but the thing is, I already have 3 choiced members (two of them Scarfed, incidentally) that work wonderfully, and I really doubt the wiseness of adding another choice item to this team. I've recently modified that set, as currently shown above, to a primarily physical E-Belt set with Ice Beam that works wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Data-Roxas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikmin1211 View Post
    I don't doubt that the poke murderizes, but the thing is, I already have 3 choiced members (two of them Scarfed, incidentally) that work wonderfully, and I really doubt the wiseness of adding another choice item to this team. I've recently modified that set, as currently shown above, to a primarily physical E-Belt set with Ice Beam that works wonderfully.
    3 Choiced Pokemon is NOT a good idea.
    Good Point.