Complete My Team! - Page 8

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Complete My Team!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Complete My Team!

Would a Lum Berry work? If you're going to give it something to cure poison, you might as well go all-out and cover every status problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    If you're playing GBU singles or doubles, Rindo Berry is a fine replacement for Leftovers on Swampert. If anything, Rindo Berry is probably more useful than Leftovers in that environment.

You can definitely run a set of Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Bullet Punch / Stealth Rock on a lead Metagross. Explosion, however, is usually preferred for its immense power and its ability to deal massive damage to pretty much anything that isn't a ghost or a defensive steel.
    I'm using the Swampert in all areas, not just GBU. And I think I don't have any Rindo Berries...or can it be used in any other environment?
    The problem with making Metagross explode is that it would faint. And I don't want it to faint. Anyways, Normal-type moves can't give you a super effective hit.
    I guess that I'll be using the Occa Berry, then! But if you use Earthquake, what checks and counters of Sceptile, Feraligatr, Electivire, Tyranitar, Charizard and Metagross can it eliminate? If it can't do any good, I can use Explosion as a last-resort thing (if Metagross' HP is low and the opponent's HP is high)...or as an attempt to switch out, especially if I'm trapped by my opponent.

Blog Entries

If you're playing standard singles, you'll want your defensive Swampert to hold Leftovers. You don't need to worry about Item Clause because it isn't a standard clause.

I made a little mistake on the subject of Metagross. If you're playing BW, give your Metagross Hammer Arm and don't even consider Earthquake or Explosion. Earthquake doesn't give you enough coverage against things like Balloon Heatran and Ferrothorn. Non-STAB Explosion isn't a very powerful attack because it got nerfed in the fifth generation.

Blog Entries

If you're playing standard singles, you'll want your defensive Swampert to hold Leftovers. You don't need to worry about Item Clause because it isn't a standard clause.

I made a little mistake on the subject of Metagross. If you're playing BW, give your Metagross Hammer Arm and don't even consider Earthquake or Explosion. Earthquake doesn't give you enough coverage against things like Balloon Heatran and Ferrothorn. Non-STAB Explosion isn't a very powerful attack because it got nerfed in the fifth generation.
    For the Metagross, I'm using it in GEN IV...it was mentioned in the last post (DP is Diamond and Pearl, which are GEN IV games).
    So...Earthquake, then (for Metagross)? And for Swampert, maybe the Rindo Berry, then. It makes it survive a hit that might have made it faint.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know that generation IV = DPP. The advice I gave you in my initial post was accurate. Disregard what I said about BW Metagross if you don't plan to use it there.

In standard singles, items such as Leftovers with long-lasting or semi-permanent effects are often superior to single-use items like Rindo Berry due to the more lengthy nature of those kinds of matches. The choice, however, is up to you.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know that generation IV = DPP. The advice I gave you in my initial post was accurate. Disregard what I said about BW Metagross if you don't plan to use it there.

In standard singles, items such as Leftovers with long-lasting or semi-permanent effects are often superior to single-use items like Rindo Berry due to the more lengthy nature of those kinds of matches. The choice, however, is up to you.
    Yeah, I normally try to refrain from using single-use items, but since some teams require it...then I'll use the Rindo Berry. Anyways, like I said in the first post, the Rindo Berry makes it survive a hit that might have made it faint.
    And so, it's Earthquake for Metagross then!
    But is there any Metagross counter that can trap it?
    If there is, I may as well go with Explosion, to avoid being trapped. If I DO use Explosion, it also works as a last-resort attempt (if my Metagross' HP is low and the opponent's HP is high)

Blog Entries

Go with whatever you prefer. Ironically, Magnezone, the most common thing that can trap Metagross, dies to Earthquake anyway.

Blog Entries

Go with whatever you prefer. Ironically, Magnezone, the most common thing that can trap Metagross, dies to Earthquake anyway.
    Oh, that's nice...so I'll go with Earthquake then!

Blog Entries

Hello!
    I'm back again.
    I'm building a Double-Weather team for my White version.
    I have DW Ninetales and DW Politoed to do the Double-Weather part. I'll put a good Thunder user that takes advantage of the rain (Electric-type) and a good SolarBeam user that takes advantage of the sun (Grass-type), that's for sure. I'm sure I'll need a switcher-damager (switch out and damage the foe) or Baton Passer...so what's a good switcher-damager or Baton Passer for this kind of team? For the last slot...I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It sounds like a Rotom-W could fulfil that role. It can take great advantage of the weather with 100% accurate Thunders and rain-boosted Surfs and Hydro Pumps, while still being able to switch out quickly using Volt Switch - is that the kind of thing you meant? You could go for a more offensive moveset, with the held item being one of the Choice items, and have the option to use Trick to cripple an opponent, or go with a more defensive set, which would be easier to use, and probably last longer, while probably doing the same amount of damage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super やみのディアルガ View Post
    Hello!
    I'm back again.
    I'm building a Double-Weather team for my White version.
    I have DW Ninetales and DW Politoed to do the Double-Weather part. I'll put a good Thunder user that takes advantage of the rain (Electric-type) and a good SolarBeam user that takes advantage of the sun (Grass-type), that's for sure. I'm sure I'll need a switcher-damager (switch out and damage the foe) or Baton Passer...so what's a good switcher-damager or Baton Passer for this kind of team? For the last slot...I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    for the volt turn, i agree with the above post as rotom-w. as for baton pass... the three i've seen around are gliscor, smeargle, and gorebyss. cross of gliscor because there will be boosted water attacks going around. i recommend either smash pass gorebyss or smash pass smeargle.

gorebyss @White herb
    trait: swift swim
    252 HP/24 SpD/232 spe
    calm nature
    -shell smash
    -baton pass
    -surf
    -substitute/hiddenpower electrick

surf will be a problem in the sun, but a wonder in the rain. HP electric hits offending water types, but you may consider switching that for something else. substitute helps prevent damage from gorebyss, and if it survives, the receiver. white herb stops defense from falling once. swift swim gives speed boost in the rain, and speed is good on a smash passer.

other then that, theres smash pass smeargle.

smeargle @White herb/focus sash
    trait: own tempo
    4 HP/ 252 DEF / 252 spe
    jolly nature
    -shellsmash/quiverdance/shiftgear
    -baton pass
    -spore
    -substitute/igrain

well, smeargle has terrible stats. thats why you might choose focus sash over white herb. all three support attacks up speed. shell smash +2 attack +2 special attack +2 speed. quiver dance +1 special attack +1 special defense +1 speed. gear shift i think is the same except with normal attack and defense (i'd check that). ingrain stops roar (every BP nightmare), but stops you from switching without BP, and stops the new poke from switching.

all in all, for your team, i'd go with gorebyss. i feel that it would help more then smeargle.
    Last edited by ~Aeon; 28th December 2011 at 08:59 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

@soulless shadow ; Swift Swim and Drizzle are allowed together on Wifi, as Smogon has no authority over what happens on there at all - they banned it on their tierlist and servers, though, that's all.

Blog Entries

@Halcyon (just thought you should see this, i think i did that right. if thats the case, definently go gorebyss swift swim. it gets speed boosted in the rain, while hydration just won't help.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    It sounds like a Rotom-W could fulfil that role. It can take great advantage of the weather with 100% accurate Thunders and rain-boosted Surfs and Hydro Pumps, while still being able to switch out quickly using Volt Switch - is that the kind of thing you meant? You could go for a more offensive moveset, with the held item being one of the Choice items, and have the option to use Trick to cripple an opponent, or go with a more defensive set, which would be easier to use, and probably last longer, while probably doing the same amount of damage.
    Okay then. If I follow both of your suggestions (soulless shadow too), I have a pretty much big weakness to Electric-types (Politoed and Gorebyss) and I still don't have a good SolarBeam user...
    So, what is a good SolarBeam user, anyway? And what's the last Pokemon for my team?
    Thanks!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Even thought it's not a Grass-type, Ninetales can make good use of Solarbeam itself. If you really want a Grass-type, though, then go for Venusaur. It gets Chlorophyll, and you can boost both its Attack and SpAttack to +2 in one turn by using Growth.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast