Complete My Team! - Page 7

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Complete My Team!

Default Re: Complete My Team!

That was a great match(random matchup is pretty much the same as VGC anyway. 2 on 2 Doubles on level 50) but the only reason you may find Whimsicott useless is because you're not using Prankster. Whimsicott is a support Pokemon, not an offensive sweeping kind. With Prankster, you get priority Charm, Stun Spore, Encore, and other more tricks. But if you still would like to stick with Weaville then go ahead, whatever floats your boat.

The Hydreigon sort of only won due to hax. Also, it is not really that good since the elemental fangs only have like 65 base power not to mention none receives STAB. Sure you get perfect coverage but then if you can't deal enough damage then it's quite pointless. Leave some coverage for your teammate. Hydreigon isn't the only Pokemon so having perfect coverage for the cost of power is kind of pointless. Like let's say Hydreigon with Landorus. You can make the two work together by using Earthquake and making Hydreigon just knock out the survivors. In that way, you can make both players work together. But if you want to keep it, it's fine. I'm just saying that having Hydreigon doing special moves would be more effective.

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post, your team is quite weak to Ice. Maybe Latias can take a few Ice Beams but Landorus and Thunderus can't afford to get hit by an Ice Beam due to being so frail. Terrakion can counter Ice-type threats but eventually will wear out. I'm not telling you to revise your team, just counter Ice.
    Last edited by Affinity; 17th December 2011 at 06:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Why don't you just run a special Hydreigon with Dragon Pulse / Dark Pulse / Flamethrower / Protect? I used one like that in my VGC 2011 team.

@Affinity
    OK i'll do a Whimsicott with Prankster and give it moves like Stun Spore and Encore and i'll switch to a special Hydriegon, but how do I counter ice???

@Heathcliff Huxtable
    Ok, thanks! I'll use that moveset! but what item?

Also what do you think about a prankster Whim with:

-beat up
    -Stun spore
    -Toxic
    -Helping hand

I'm not really sure about toxic tho.... (might replace it with protect)
    Last edited by Harman; 18th December 2011 at 06:04 AM.

Don't use Toxic. Use either Tailwind, Encore, or Switcheroo. Tailwind allows your partner(Terrakion probably) to be faster than nearly anything. I'm not sure if you'll outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill but you'll definitely outspeed a lot of foes. Encore allows you to mess with your enemy. Once Whimsicott's presence is in the battlefield, I doubt anything would dare set up or Protect from you fearing the endless Encore. Last, but sort of the least, is Switcheroo. It will not be as useful as the formerly mentioned moves but I suppose this one would work well if you're letting Whimsicott hold Iron Ball. The idea here is to use Switcheroo to switch your Iron Ball/Lagging Tail with your enemy's item which could potentially cripple the foe. I haven't tried this yet but I suppose it would work at times, though it will definitely be less used than Tailwind or Encore.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

but how do I counter ice???
    Could you not teach Hydreigion Flamethrower?

@Affinity
    I'll proberly use encore as Stun spore is proberly better than Switcheroo and Terrikion is pretty fast on it's own...

@PkmnGreen
    I could but some ice types might outspeed Hydreigon and it'll be super efective... but I guess that is the best i'll proberly do so i'll just go with it.

Thanks for all your help guys!!! I really appreciate it!

Also, What'ya think about replacing Thundurus's Sludge bomb with sludge wave
    Last edited by Harman; 18th December 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Focus Blast would probably be better since Ferrothorn's prevalent appearance would just wall/fend Thundurus off. Yes, the accuracy is quite repulsive but it's quite a decent move.
    Last edited by Affinity; 21st December 2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

Blog Entries

(I keep making posts around the BST forum...)
    Hello!
    I have a problem regarding Swampert in BW and Metagross in DP...
    See, my Swampert is going to use a Defensive set...problem is, it can't hold the Leftovers. Is there any item that I can use instead of Leftovers?
    And...Metagross will be using the Lead set later on! The problem is...I don't want to use Explosion. Can I change it with Earthquake instead?
    Thanks!

Hello,
    i have just started to create my first team for use on wi-fi, and i wanted some help finishing it off.
    now, all i want is a "little" feed back and generaly a few improvements you think i should make. also i need a lead for my team if you could help me with that.
    so, i just need a small bit of help finishing off my team.
    i'm one pokemon down (lead) and i dont mind changing the team a little. (moves, items, one or two pokemon)

anyway, here is the list of pokemon followed by moves, EVs...

Special wall/ annoyer: Umbreon @???
    Calm/careful Hp-252, Sp.D-252, Def-4
    Moonlight, confuseray, Faint Attack, Toxic

Physical wall: Skarmory @Shed Shell
    Impish Hp-252, Def-252, Spd-4
    Spikes/ Stealth rock, Whirlwind, Roost, Brave bird?

Tank: Milotic @Leftovers
    Calm Hp-252, Def-200, Sp.D-56
    Rest, Sleep Talk, surf, Ice Beam

Physical sweeper: Venusaur @life orb
    Jolly Spd-252, Atk-252, Hp-4
    Swords dance, synthesis, sleep powder, earthquake

Special sweeper: Espeon @bright powder?
    Timid Sp.a-252, Spd-216, Hp-40
    Psychic, shadow ball, calm mind, morning sun

anyway, thanks for any help.

--jackjt8
    FC: Pokemon:
    Black: 2280 0156 8317
    Heart Gold: 0475 1748 4552
    Platinum: 3652 9657 3360

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

@jackjt8 ; Venusaur is much more suited to the role of a special sweeper, with its SpAttack being noticeably higher than its Attack stat. I'm assuming that the Pokémon you've listed there have no Dream World abilities (due to you not posting their abilities at all), so getting rid of Venusaur to make way for another, more powerful physical sweeper would be a good idea. Espeon would benefit more from holding a Life Orb, too, instead of Brightpowder.

Umbreon isn't really that effective in competitive battling at the moment, so getting rid of it for something that can do its job better would be advised. A standard Blissey or Chansey set can stall far more effectively against threats that are floating about at the moment, and combines with Skarmory to form the other half of the infamous SkarmBliss core.

Other than replacing Espeon's held item, having more than two damaging moves would be a good idea to maximise coverage - especially seeing as Psychic- and Ghost-type attacks have pretty much the same coverage. Getting rid of Morning Sun to make way for a type of Hidden Power, preferably Fighting, would make it the standard Calm Mind set suggested by Smogon. Espeon doesn't exactly have great defensive stat anyway, so trying to heal is not going to be necessarily helpful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super やみのディアルガ View Post
    (I keep making posts around the BST forum...)
    Hello!
    I have a problem regarding Swampert in BW and Metagross in DP...
    See, my Swampert is going to use a Defensive set...problem is, it can't hold the Leftovers. Is there any item that I can use instead of Leftovers?
    And...Metagross will be using the Lead set later on! The problem is...I don't want to use Explosion. Can I change it with Earthquake instead?
    Thanks!
    If you're playing GBU singles or doubles, Rindo Berry is a fine replacement for Leftovers on Swampert. If anything, Rindo Berry is probably more useful than Leftovers in that environment.

You can definitely run a set of Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Bullet Punch / Stealth Rock on a lead Metagross. Explosion, however, is usually preferred for its immense power and its ability to deal massive damage to pretty much anything that isn't a ghost or a defensive steel.

Blog Entries

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble choosing a suitable Tyranitar for my GBU Singles team. Previously, I was using a Rock Slide / Crunch / Superpower / Rest @ Chesto Berry Sp.Def Wall, but I quickly found out that I need something more offensive in this fast-paced environment. The rest of my team is looking as follows:

RainboDash (Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder Wave
    - Taunt

Hermitaur (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off

Applejack (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 58 Def / 200 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Power Whip
    - Thunder Wave
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed

TwilightSprk (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 182 Def / 76 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Guillotine
    - Substitute
    - Protect

I was thinking about making some sort of a mixed sweeper with Expert Belt, as SkarmChans have been popping up much more often lately. And I'm not talking about your everyday Spiking Skarm and Wishing Chansey combo, but the bitchy Curse + Rocky Helmet and Minimize one. Any ideas?
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

@rubinek

Why don't you try out a TyraniBoah? You can use it to capitalize on Tyranitar's wallbreaking power without having to severely limit its defensive capabilities.

Blog Entries

That's a brilliant idea actually! Thanks, I'll give it a go. But then, what item should I use? Standard Boah uses Leftovers IIRC, and I already have that item on my Slowbro.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

Just give Tyranitar Leftovers and give Slowbro something that can cure Poison or something like that. With Regenerator + Slack Off, Slowbro doesn't desperately need Leftovers healing.
    rubinek likes this.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast