Complete My Team! - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete My Team!

Is also Mato Kuroi? Black★Rock Shooter's Avatar

Default Re: Complete My Team!

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    For Darmanitan, I recommend: Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Superpower and U-Turn. And make him hold the Life Orb, since it will boost his already incredible Flare Blitz without taking recoil damage.
    Ok Thanks!, and I was thinking I would breed a sassy natured Metagross in platinum so I could give it stealth rock.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I'm trying to make like a "Mini-team" but I don't know who else I should put in. So far I have (or going to have) this:

Moves: Outrage, Crunch, Body Slam, ???
    Ability: Hustle
    Item: Persem Berry

Moves: Toxic, Protect, Double Team, Rock Slide
    Ability: Sturdy
    Item: Don't Know

Moves: Double Kick, Crunch, Wild Charge, ???
    Ability: Guts
    Item: Toxic Orb

As you see I kinda also need suggestions on moves and items.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

I am currently building a team for the Super Doubles Train in the Battle Subway. It relies on bulky Electric-Types to help set up for a powerful attacker.

Eelektross@Chesto Berry?
    Calm.
    252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def.
    Moves: Acid Spray, Discharge, Coil, Rest?

The idea behind this guy is to reduce the foes' Special Defense or Paralyze them if they are capable of serious damage, or set up Defense boosts if they are not. I'm not sure about Chesto/Rest yet. Eelektross has no weaknesses aside from Mold Breaker EQs, so hopefully he'll be bulky enough to survive.

Lanturn@Leftovers (Volt Absorb).
    Bold.
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Def.
    Moves: Scald, Amnesia, Icy Wind, Heal Bell/Toxic.

Lanturn's job is to stat up with Amnesia and be healed by Eely's Discharge, then let loose with Icy Wind to reduce the foes' Speed. Heal Bell is an option to wake Eely up if it is using Rest, and Toxic for foes like Blissey who would otherwise take quite a while to crack with Acid.

Now, I need pokes that can truly appreciate the setup that they are getting. One such pokemon is:

Pikachu w/Light Ball (Lightningrod)
    Timid.
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def.
    Moves: Thunderbolt/Discharge, HP Ice 70, Grass Knot/Discharge, Protect/Discharge.

Frail as it may be, Pikachu holding a Light Ball is incredibly dangerous to foes with their Speed lowered via Icy Wind. Adding to its immense power (204 without boosts), Lightningrod gives it a Special Attack boost every time Eelektross uses Discharge. Using Discharge allows it to heal Lanturn, but will damage and could paralyze Eelektross. Protect could be useful for various situations, such as scouting for priority or allowing Lanturn a chance to lower the Speed of the foe. As long as there are no priority users, Pikachu could be a menace.

Now, I need a powerful physical attacker that is immune to or resists Ground and is immune to Electric, but can hit back with a decent Ground attack of its own for enemy pokemon who enjoy being hit with Electric attacks. Something like Electivire could spell serious trouble. I am considering mixed Flygon and Landorus with Earth Power. Excadrill is a possibility with Drill Run, but I don't think I need another Ground-weak poke. Same thing goes for Rhyperior.

Input please.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 29th November 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hadesiro View Post
    I am currently building a team for the Super Doubles Train in the Battle Subway. It relies on bulky Electric-Types to help set up for a powerful attacker.

Eelektross@Chesto Berry?
    Calm.
    252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def.
    Moves: Acid Spray, Discharge, Coil, Rest?

The idea behind this guy is to reduce the foes' Special Defense or Paralyze them if they are capable of serious damage, or set up Defense boosts if they are not. I'm not sure about Chesto/Rest yet. Eelektross has no weaknesses aside from Mold Breaker EQs, so hopefully he'll be bulky enough to survive.

Lanturn@Leftovers (Volt Absorb).
    Bold.
    252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Def.
    Moves: Scald, Amnesia, Icy Wind, Heal Bell/Toxic.

Lanturn's job is to stat up with Amnesia and be healed by Eely's Discharge, then let loose with Icy Wind to reduce the foes' Speed. Heal Bell is an option to wake Eely up if it is using Rest, and Toxic for foes like Blissey who would otherwise take quite a while to crack with Acid.

Now, I need pokes that can truly appreciate the setup that they are getting. One such pokemon is:

Pikachu w/Light Ball (Lightningrod)
    Timid.
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def.
    Moves: Thunderbolt/Discharge, HP Ice 70, Grass Knot/Discharge, Protect/Discharge.

Frail as it may be, Pikachu holding a Light Ball is incredibly dangerous to foes with their Speed lowered via Icy Wind. Adding to its immense power (204 without boosts), Lightningrod gives it a Special Attack boost every time Eelektross uses Discharge. Using Discharge allows it to heal Lanturn, but will damage and could paralyze Eelektross. Protect could be useful for various situations, such as scouting for priority or allowing Lanturn a chance to lower the Speed of the foe. As long as there are no priority users, Pikachu could be a menace.

Now, I need a powerful physical attacker that is immune to or resists Ground and is immune to Electric, but can hit back with a decent Ground attack of its own for enemy pokemon who enjoy being hit with Electric attacks. Something like Electivire could spell serious trouble. I am considering mixed Flygon and Landorus with Earth Power. Excadrill is a possibility with Drill Run, but I don't think I need another Ground-weak poke. Same thing goes for Rhyperior.

Input please.
    I don't think you should run a mixed Landorus as the rest of your team is specially oriented, you should just go full physical with a jolly nature, using EQ, Rock Slide, Protect, and a third attack (Explosion with Normal Gem, Hammer Arm or Brick Break.)

Much love to Zurr

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    I don't think you should run a mixed Landorus as the rest of your team is specially oriented, you should just go full physical with a jolly nature, using EQ, Rock Slide, Protect, and a third attack (Explosion with Normal Gem, Hammer Arm or Brick Break.)
    Sounds good. I'll have to run Protect on Pikachu then, or EQ'll squash him. Thanks for the advice.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bonepelt View Post
    I am making a team for competitive battling, but I need help finding the last team member and figuring out some movesets .I am going to EV train these pokemon.

My planned team is:

Akaito, Darmanitian(M), jolly nature. 252 EVs in attack and speed. Thrash, Fire punch Flare Blitz

Haku, Samurott(F), Sassy nature. 252 EVs in sp.def and defense. Ice beam, toxic, protect, surf

Miku, Metagross(-),Sassy nature, 252 EVs in sp.def and Attack. Earthquake,bullet punch, hammer arm

Gakupo,Espeon(M),Timid nature, DW ability "Magic Bounce". 252 EVs in Sp.Att and speed. Psychic, Charm

Meiko, Hydregion(F), Mild nature, 252 EVs in Speed and Sp.att. Dark pulse, Outrage/dragon pulse, Flamethrower.

*depressing empty spot...*
    Hydreigon is going to want to get rid of Outrage for something else. Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower seem fitting. And the fourth move is up to you make sure it's special.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

What would be a good third Pokémon for Super Singles? So far I have:

Ursaring
    Adamant, Quick Feet, Toxic Orb
    -Facade
    -Shadow Claw
    -Bulk Up
    -Brick Break

Medicham
    Jolly, Pure Power, Expert Belt (replace with Life Orb?)
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -ThunderPunch
    -IcePunch
    -Zen Headbutt

Would Arcanine be a good team member? I have one already that I like:

Arcanine
    Adamant, Flash Fire, Electric Gem
    -Thunder Fang
    -Iron Tail
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed

Or is there anything else I could use?

Eaten by Giratina... Team Galactic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    What would be a good third Pokémon for Super Singles? So far I have:

Ursaring
    Adamant, Quick Feet, Toxic Orb
    -Facade
    -Shadow Claw
    -Bulk Up
    -Brick Break

Medicham
    Jolly, Pure Power, Expert Belt (replace with Life Orb?)
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -ThunderPunch
    -IcePunch
    -Zen Headbutt

Would Arcanine be a good team member? I have one already that I like:

Arcanine
    -Thunder Fang
    -Iron Tail
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed

Or is there anything else I could use?
    Seeing how you already have 2 Physical attackers, a Special attacker might be the better option. Houndoom's ok, but no electric type move. I would say Rotom heat might be your best option.

Rotom
    Modest / Timid, Levitate, Choice Specs / Scarf(Maybe Leftovers?)
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass](If possible) / Thunderbolt
    - Trick / Shadow Ball

This might work out for you, but you may go with the Arcanine instead.
    White FC:3010 3938 6770

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Team Galactic View Post
    Seeing how you already have 2 Physical attackers, a Special attacker might be the better option. Houndoom's ok, but no electric type move. I would say Rotom heat might be your best option.

Rotom
    Modest / Timid, Levitate, Choice Specs / Scarf(Maybe Leftovers?)
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass](If possible) / Thunderbolt
    - Trick / Shadow Ball

This might work out for you, but you may go with the Arcanine instead.
    Rotom sounds great, it is allowed in the Subway right?

Eaten by Giratina... Team Galactic's Avatar

@PkmnGreen Yes, as long as your only using one, even if different forms.
    White FC:3010 3938 6770

PkmnGreen -
    Arcanine
    -Thunder Fang
    -Iron Tail
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    I'm not very good at this but I think that Wild Charge would generally work better than Thunder Fang. With a much powerful electric move, you can replace Electric Gem with a Leftovers or Life Orb instead. Leftovers allows you to recover from the recoil damages while Life Orb just allows you to fire off powerful moves that would probably OHKO most of your foes.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    PkmnGreen -

I'm not very good at this but I think that Wild Charge would generally work better than Thunder Fang. With a much powerful electric move, you can replace Electric Gem with a Leftovers or Life Orb instead. Leftovers allows you to recover from the recoil damages while Life Orb just allows you to fire off powerful moves that would probably OHKO most of your foes.
    Yeah, that sounds much better, thanks :D

Can someone recomend any improvements for my team and a EV spread for latias? Thanks!

Harman
    Well I suppose I can suggest for a couple or three.

Terrikion
    Item: Hard Stone
    Nature:Jolly
    Ability:Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATA / 252 SPE
    Moves:
    -Protect
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Slide
    -Arial ace

Terrikion's main use in this team is to get Weavile to use Beat Up on it then try to 1HKO with Close Combat or Rock slide. Arial ace to counter the rage powder users.
    Since you mentioned using Beat Up on Terrakion, I suppose this would be a team constructed for Random Matchup. Whimsicott is generally a better Beat Up partner as it has access to Prankster which gives non-attacking moves a +1 priority allowing it not only to use Beat Up on Terrakion but also support it with Tailwind and other moves. Also, the Hard Stone is not really such a good item. I suggest Life Orb since it will make Terrakion even more deadly than it is without it. As for the moveset, all is good except Aerial Ace. There's X-Scissor which has a higher base power and allows Terrakion not only to hit common Rage Powder users such as Parasect and Amoongus but also allow it to hit Psychic, Grass, and some other Dark(although you'd probably use Fighting for this one).

Hydreigon
    Item: Persim Berry
    Nature:Jolly
    Ability:Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATA / 252 SPE
    Moves:
    -Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang
    -Thunder Fang
    -Outrage

Hydreigon is ment for harming all sorts of types by using his F/I/T Fang and Outrage as a last resort.
    Um, I don't think you know what Hydreigon is used for. Its Sp Attack is what makes it a good Pokemon so using it as a physical attacker would make it less effective. Sure its Attack is great but using Sp Attack will allow you to use Hydreigon at its full potential so I'll go ahead and suggest special moves:
    Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse - The former allows Hydreigon to annilihate pretty mcuh anything that doesn't have a decent Sp Def and isn't a steel type. The catch is that your Sp Attack is lowered by 2 stages. The latter, however, allows Hydreigon to sweep much longer but is less powerful than the former. Either move is great, but choose whichever you think is better.
    Dark Pulse - A reliable STAB move which allows Hydreigon to hit Psychic and Ghost types. Also has a flinch rate but is quite rare so don't rely on it too much.
    Flamethrower - Flamethrower allows is just for those Bug foes you don't want to get damaged from like Scizor for instance.
    Focus Blast / Protect - Focus Blast, in conjunction with Flamethrower, provides a very good coverage and the only decent Pokemon that can resist the synergy are Flying/Dragon. It is, unfortunately, quite inaccurate but it is very powerful. Protect allows you to use Hydreigon as a lure to common Random Matchup Pokemon such as Latios, Latias, Starmie, Hydreigon, Salamence, Dragonite which would make your foe try to hit Hydreigon allowing its partner to deal damage to the foe.

Latias
    Item: Water gem
    Nature:Modest
    Ability:Levitate
    EVs: (I wanna raise SP.D and SP.A and speed but I don't know how to give those 3 a good even spred)
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Draco meteor
    -Thunder
    -Mist ball

latias is ment to do damage to fighting types and it's ment to attack drought pokemon with water gem surf and rain teams using thunder. I was going to use Latios but latias's defences are higher and it should be able to survive attacks to use rain dance if nessersary and do good damage.
    For the EV spread, definitely max out Speed. So I suppose a good SpAtt/SpDef/Speed spread would be 152/100/252 but I don't know I don't really do that. Your explanation about her role is already great although Mist Ball can be replaced by Psychic or Psyshock. Psychic allows you to hit Fighting enemies in general while Psyshock allows you to hit Blissey with physical damage based on your SpAtt. Either move will be great for Latias.

@Affinity

Thanks alot but my team is acctually for the 2012 VGC, The reason i'm using beatup terrikion is because I used it last year and it got me alot further than i've ever been (I only got defeated because I didn't know about the rage powder stratagy)

For Terrikion i'll do X-scisor and give it a life orb and about Whimcicott I think i'd rather do Weavile because even tho Whim is good but after I used beat up he became kinda useless

For Latias i'll consider giving it psyshock

For Hydreigon I acctually like it's current moveset but if you think I sould change it I will but It did really good in the 2011 VGC and I once beat someone (An 'online friend') in a single battle and it didn't even get toched!

You can see my team and my hydreigon battle in this Vid:

Thanks and i'd appreciate it if other's would help me.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast