Complete My Team! - Page 3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Complete My Team!

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

Default Re: Complete My Team!

Hey, there's going to be a Pokemon tourney near my area soon-ish. You can only have four Pokemon on a team, as well as Gen V only pokemon, and the matches are 2-on-2.

I am thinking of using my Darmanitan and Excadrill, and I'd love it if someone could help me out with suggesting any other pokemmon I could use. I don't battle other people at all, so I have no idea on how to make a semi-decent team.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Gimme my Persona 4 Anime! AlphaKirby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ein View Post
    Hey, there's going to be a Pokemon tourney near my area soon-ish. You can only have four Pokemon on a team, as well as Gen V only pokemon, and the matches are 2-on-2.

I am thinking of using my Darmanitan and Excadrill, and I'd love it if someone could help me out with suggesting any other pokemmon I could use. I don't battle other people at all, so I have no idea on how to make a semi-decent team.
    Now, I'm no pro-battler, but seeing the Darmanitan and Excadrill shouts Earthquake out to me, so maybe some flying types like Braviary or someone from the Kami Trio come to mind as partners. Hydreigon and Elecktross also come to mind, with their ability Levitate.
    I also find that water types could harm the team as well, so maybe some Pokemon like Amoonguss and Jellicent might be good partners.
    Now, everything I've sugested are just to cover some weeknesses of Darmanitan and Excadrill, but this makes sense to me. Because it's doubles, the team should suport and cover eachother, this much I know at double battling. I'm no pro at battling yet, just started, so my advice may not be the best, but I thought as that I might as well put my imput in on this.

Gen 5.
    Eeveeist.

Want to be the first Bulbapedia Fire Type Gym Leader, think your Story Mode team is good without your EVs and whatnot?!

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

@AlphaKirby
    Thanks! I'm off to raise a Hydreigon!
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Hey, guys. Just buildin' an OU team here for Gen. V. (It's mainly on a whim. XD) I've got 5 Pokes so far, but I can't decide what would best complete my team. There could also be a need for changes that I'm not aware of. Could someone look into this?

Thanks in advance!
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

@SharKing

I'd suggest possibly trying to go with a Rotom-W - Gliscor - Jirachi core or something similar to make your team a little more solid. You currently lack a reliable way to deal with threats like Excadrill, Latios, and Virizion.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@SharKing

I USE EXACTLY THE SAME SET FOR Salamence and Chandelure(except the evs).
    Anyway, consider hp fighting for chandelure.
    And why not conkeldurr instead of scrafty?
    And finally,your salamence set is based on the assumption that you get +2 every single time.This may not always work,tbh.
    Salamence also needs lots of entry hazards to score some critical kos(like swampert).
    So,Why not forretress rather than claydol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Charizard Lover Extreme charizardman's Avatar

Hey this is my Pokemon Online team currently and I'm new to this so I'd love some guidance

Weed (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Imprison
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball

BarbedWire (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Aerial Ace
    - Gyro Ball

ShinSplint (Volcarona) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

BigBoi (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hammer Arm
    - U-turn

Cement (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback

GooPod (Reuniclus) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast

Blog Entries

@charizardman

From looking at your team, I cannot identify its purpose. You should always have a goal in mind when building a team. In the future, try starting out with one or two sweepers and then figure ways that other team members can support them. You'll find that this method of team building is much more successful than what you're currently doing.

If your goal is to sweep with Volcarona, you'll need Rapid Spin support. Excadrill and Forretress both make good candidates for this role. If you use Excadrill, however, you'll need to use Tyranitar as well. I'll leave that decision up to you. I would like to mention that re-building your team from scratch is probably your best bet.
    Synthesis likes this.

Charizard Lover Extreme charizardman's Avatar

Thanks a lot for the advice, like I said I'm new and this is my first team :-P. I'll definitely remember your advice whenever I'm making a team.

Blog Entries

I was re-directed to this thread, I'm building a competitive tourny team for RL places such as NYAC, etc... & I seriously need some advice before pressing onward to the training phase.

I currently am not sure what movets would be best either, BUT I'm gonna start with a couple & see what you think.

Tyranitar
    Magnezone
    Quagsire
    Metagross
    Breloom

I'm considering Blaziken for the final spot, but I'm not sure, & I'm avoiding 4th & 5th gens for the most part if possible. I'm open to Magmortar as an alternative, however.

I need opnions on movesets though, for a Sandstorming team. Tyranitar will likely be the lead or close, to set up the sand instantly. Movesets I'm running blind with, (as I'm completely new to competitive battling) so I'm paranoid about picking out something wrong that'd kilo me in the tournaments...

I prefer not to use self KO moves such as Explosion, & I'm more attack-based then defensive, but I'm probably better off the defensive side in this route.

Willing to opt into Scizor if the fire types aren't too great an ideal, & trying to avoid pesky breed-in movesets, as I'm slow & lazy with gameplay, much less running around in circles getting the eggs to hatch. BUT, I would definitely *not* mind if it gets me in a better chance to win.
    Local Meowth fanatic/Kittenshipper.

Siggie by Trickster44 of Serebii forums, thanks!

Hi! I'm new here but i'm looking to build a team to stomp all my friends with^^ I'm going to start building it on Monday since i'll be off school for a week so give me some ideas!

So thats what I have so far. Im fairly new to this whole battling thing so i'm not too sure if my ideas will be viable against any kind of team so help out if you can:)

Pokemon Noob | WoW player | Spotify Playlist

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeis View Post
    Hi! I'm new here but i'm looking to build a team to stomp all my friends with^^ I'm going to start building it on Monday since i'll be off school for a week so give me some ideas!

So thats what I have so far. Im fairly new to this whole battling thing so i'm not too sure if my ideas will be viable against any kind of team so help out if you can:)
    Gengar won't be able to take on a Blissey - not if the Blissey's being used well, anyway. You'll need something with a strong, physical Fighting-type move to take it down quickly/force a switch. I'd recommend Infernape if you want it to be quick, or Conkeldurr if you want it to be stronger - although, make sure to get something that resists Water-type attacks if you go for Infernape.

Link animated Avatar FTW! Shuckle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I need help with my sunny day sweeper team please.

I have right now are: Ninetales (Drought) Charizard (Solar Power ability), Liligant, and I need 3 more. Suggestions?
    3DS Friend Code 1607 - 2458 - 9938

IGN: Jason

Shiny Value: 543

Friend Safari: Fire
    Growlithe, Slugma, and Ninetales.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    I need help with my sunny day sweeper team please.

I have right now are: Ninetales (Drought) Charizard (Solar Power ability), Liligant, and I need 3 more. Suggestions?
    Darmanitan, Golduck, Donphan

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast