Complete My Team! - Page 26
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Complete My Team!

Blog Entries
    Follow JustTheFx On Twitter Add JustTheFx on Facebook Add JustTheFx on Google+
    Visit JustTheFx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Complete My Team!

So I just made a Trick Room Team on Showdown. Sorta need help on it.
    I need a Slow Hard Hitting Special Attacker that is not a Mega. Preferably one that can wield use the item Choice Specs or Life Orb.
    I'm currently using Specs-Exploud but it currently feels lack luster.
    Any suggestions? (Gimmicky sets are well taken~)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheFx View Post
    I need a Slow Hard Hitting Special Attacker that is not a Mega. Preferably one that can wield use the item Choice Specs or Life Orb.
    Off the top of my head I'd suggest LO Reunicluis, Eelektross and Leftovers/Specs Clawitzer.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheFx View Post
    Musharna, Aromatisse, Slowbro, etc.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

reuniclus is a pretty good option, as is download porygon2 (both have the handy option of giving you another trick room user too). past that you could try heatran, but i don't like using it without sun.

I've been looking for a sixth member to go with this team for a while, and I've yet to come across anything that works. I was wondering if anyone could give me a suggestion? Here's what my team currently looks like:

And to clarify, I'm only looking for a sixth member, as I don't really want to replace any member already on my team. Thanks in advance if you can give some advice. :~)
    and that's the story...

♥ | story | ♦ | ♣ | one-shot | ♠ | ♫ | poetry | ☯ |

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    I've been looking for a sixth member to go with this team for a while, and I've yet to come across anything that works. I was wondering if anyone could give me a suggestion? Here's what my team currently looks like:

And to clarify, I'm only looking for a sixth member, as I don't really want to replace any member already on my team. Thanks in advance if you can give some advice. :~)
    I feel like Landorus-Therian would work well if you give Rotom Volt Switch to create a Volt-Turn core. That would give you more opportunities to bring in and set up Barbaracle for free.

Looking For 2 Pokemon fot this drought team:

Ninetales
    Drought
    Modest
    Heat Rock
    4 HP/252 SPATK/252 SPEED
    Flamethrower
    Solar Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Psyshock

Leafeon
    Chlorophyll
    Adamant
    Life Orb
    4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPEED
    Leaf Blade
    Aerial Ace
    X-Scissor
    Retaliate

Heliolisk
    Solar Power
    Timid
    (Looking For an Item here aswell)
    4 HP/ 252 SPATK/ 252 SPEED
    Thunderbolt
    Dark Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Volt Switch

Aerodactyl
    Pressure - Tough Claws
    Adamant
    Aerodactylite
    4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPEED
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Wing Attack
    Iron Head

Did I Mention I like Tea and Scones?
    -Official Claim: Leafeon 4/11/2014

Blog Entries

I'm designing a Trick Room team for the VGC 2015 format and I can't decide on a sixith 'mon... As for what I've got so far, here you go:

And by the way, I do have some preferences on that last 'mon: ideally it should not be weak to either Psychic or Ground and it should be able to learn Trick Room. Other than that... Any ideas?

EDIT: What I ment to say was I'd prefer it if the 'mon didn't have a weakness to Ghost or Dark, I have no idea how I confused that with Psychic.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 21st December 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGardevoir View Post
    I'm designing a Trick Room team for the VGC 2015 format and I can't decide on a sixith 'mon... As for what I've got so far, here you go:

And by the way, I do have some preferences on that last 'mon: ideally it should not be weak to either Psychic or Ground and it should be able to learn Trick Room. Other than that... Any ideas?
    Hm there aren't many other TR setters that won't overlap with the Psychic and Ghost types you already have. I recall Audino being used as a surprise TR setter/Cleric in VGC 2014 though, so that could be something to consider. If that doesn't work for you, Eviolite Dusclops or Dusknoir might also be viable options for your team.

Do you have what it takes to become Champion?
    Bulbagarden Battle League FC: 1134-8042-2719

Conkeldurr and Amoongus are decent choices for Trick Room.
    You may also want something with both Trick Room and Imprison, to prevent opponents from getting rid of Trick Room. And being me, I'd also like to vouch for specs Sylveon.

Blog Entries

OK, it took me a while, but I couldn't really decide on that last 'mon, so I went with one of the 'mons that almost always make it onto my TR teams, Eelektross... Though I am having trouble deciding on one of its moves, and I need some help narrowing down choices from the vast movepool it has. Oh, and some ideas for the item would be good too. As for the set (and the rest of the team), here's what I have on Showdown:

Blog Entries

Any suggestions for a team to build around a Mega Gallade? :o
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hilbert View Post
    Specs Sylveon and Life Orb Bisharp

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook
    Visit Alexey's Youtube Channel

Other - ORAS Good Cores | Smogon Forums
    The good cores are here, some of them include MGallade. I will give a bit more detailed info on how these cores work in this post

1) One option is, as Terra noted, pairing it with Bisharp. Bisharp and Mega Gallade constitute a formidable offensive core which is by now one of the most generic things you'll see in the ORAS, second only to Lando-T being on every team

The support of Specs Sylveon is technically needed because Mega Sableye is a thing that exists, but in the current meta Sylveon is absolutely amazing outside this core too, as it is a beautifully brain-dead "something dies" button, as the only relevant things in the OU metagame that don't take over 50% from a Specs Hyper Voice are Heatran, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, the blobs, and fat stally Talonflame and Charizard-Y sets. Whenever a Manectric or a Clefable or a physically defensive anything or a Keldeo etc. are in the field and Sylveon is also in, something is about to die, unless it's in the list.

If you go with this core you'll want something to deal with scarfed Landorus-Therian as well as birds, so things like Rotom-W/Heatran/Raikou for the birds and Chesnaught/Gastrodon/Quagsire for Lando-T would be essential. A secondary check for Mega Slowbro is also advised, because, while Sylveon doesn't just beat it, it breaks it, you don't want to be limited to one counter to a certain Pokemon and be left withuot a way to beat it outside of that. Same goes for Mega Sableye. This is why I think that Raikou and Unaware Clefable would also make good partners

2) Alternatively, you could go for MGallade + Diggersby.

This core basically breakes what both these Pokemon break individually and breaks some thing that they on their own cannot due to fuctioning like Dragspam or Birdspam: one member weakens the counter, dies, and then the other member, which is technically checked or countered by the same thing, cleans up because the check is weakened.

The support of a powerful priority user that isn't Diggersby is crucial, as this core is pretty slow with all the speed creep that happened with ORAS. That's why a support of something like Talonflame or CB Dragonite would be greatly appreciated.
    In addition, Mega Sableye still dismantles them all, so you'll definitely want to use a fairy. Like Specs Sylveon or Unaware Clefable :D

Also, you want to beat Lando-T (most importantly, the scarf variant, as fat defensive sets can be beaten by a properly played MGallade). This is why I would suggest either a defensive switch-in like physically defensive Rotom-W or Chesnaught, or something
    that just kills it before it gets a chance to kill anything, namely scarfed Kyurem-Black with a specific spread: EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe, and a Naive Nature. This set is somewhat sub-optimal, but fulfills a specific purpose - outspeeding Jolly scarfed Lando-T and killing it with Ice Beam.

3) Tail Glow Manaphy. Tail Glow Manaphy is a nightmare for each and every stall team to face, as with access to TG/Knock Off/Psychic/Ice Beam/Energy Ball/Scald/Surf it can tailor its set to destroy every defensive threat in the game bar Unaware Clefable. So the core of MGallade + Manaphy just fails to acknowledge the existence of stall as a playstyle.

However, this core isn't good at defensive synergy and neither of those is really bulky (Manaphy can run a fat set, but in loses either on speed, allowing some of less slow stallmons to threaten it, or in wallbreaking power, which is a no-no), so it falls to set-up sweepers and fast, strong offensive threats like Mega Lopunny, Mega Altaria, both Mega Charizards (but especially X), Talonflame, Mega Metagross, Mega Sceptile, pretty much all scarfers. So, basically, you want to cover these. That's why partners like Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Hippowdon, defensive Lando-T, pDef Rotom-W etc. on the defensive side, and Sylveon, Talonflame, CBNite, scarf Lando-T etc. on the offensive side are essential
    -------------

Hope this helps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    Specs Sylveon and Life Orb Bisharp
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexey View Post
    Other - ORAS Good Cores | Smogon Forums
    The good cores are here, some of them include MGallade. I will give a bit more detailed info on how these cores work in this post

1) One option is, as Terra noted, pairing it with Bisharp. Bisharp and Mega Gallade constitute a formidable offensive core which is by now one of the most generic things you'll see in the ORAS, second only to Lando-T being on every team

The support of Specs Sylveon is technically needed because Mega Sableye is a thing that exists, but in the current meta Sylveon is absolutely amazing outside this core too, as it is a beautifully brain-dead "something dies" button, as the only relevant things in the OU metagame that don't take over 50% from a Specs Hyper Voice are Heatran, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, the blobs, and fat stally Talonflame and Charizard-Y sets. Whenever a Manectric or a Clefable or a physically defensive anything or a Keldeo etc. are in the field and Sylveon is also in, something is about to die, unless it's in the list.

If you go with this core you'll want something to deal with scarfed Landorus-Therian as well as birds, so things like Rotom-W/Heatran/Raikou for the birds and Chesnaught/Gastrodon/Quagsire for Lando-T would be essential. A secondary check for Mega Slowbro is also advised, because, while Sylveon doesn't just beat it, it breaks it, you don't want to be limited to one counter to a certain Pokemon and be left withuot a way to beat it outside of that. Same goes for Mega Sableye. This is why I think that Raikou and Unaware Clefable would also make good partners

2) Alternatively, you could go for MGallade + Diggersby.

This core basically breakes what both these Pokemon break individually and breaks some thing that they on their own cannot due to fuctioning like Dragspam or Birdspam: one member weakens the counter, dies, and then the other member, which is technically checked or countered by the same thing, cleans up because the check is weakened.

The support of a powerful priority user that isn't Diggersby is crucial, as this core is pretty slow with all the speed creep that happened with ORAS. That's why a support of something like Talonflame or CB Dragonite would be greatly appreciated.
    In addition, Mega Sableye still dismantles them all, so you'll definitely want to use a fairy. Like Specs Sylveon or Unaware Clefable :D

Also, you want to beat Lando-T (most importantly, the scarf variant, as fat defensive sets can be beaten by a properly played MGallade). This is why I would suggest either a defensive switch-in like physically defensive Rotom-W or Chesnaught, or something
    that just kills it before it gets a chance to kill anything, namely scarfed Kyurem-Black with a specific spread: EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe, and a Naive Nature. This set is somewhat sub-optimal, but fulfills a specific purpose - outspeeding Jolly scarfed Lando-T and killing it with Ice Beam.

3) Tail Glow Manaphy. Tail Glow Manaphy is a nightmare for each and every stall team to face, as with access to TG/Knock Off/Psychic/Ice Beam/Energy Ball/Scald/Surf it can tailor its set to destroy every defensive threat in the game bar Unaware Clefable. So the core of MGallade + Manaphy just fails to acknowledge the existence of stall as a playstyle.

However, this core isn't good at defensive synergy and neither of those is really bulky (Manaphy can run a fat set, but in loses either on speed, allowing some of less slow stallmons to threaten it, or in wallbreaking power, which is a no-no), so it falls to set-up sweepers and fast, strong offensive threats like Mega Lopunny, Mega Altaria, both Mega Charizards (but especially X), Talonflame, Mega Metagross, Mega Sceptile, pretty much all scarfers. So, basically, you want to cover these. That's why partners like Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Hippowdon, defensive Lando-T, pDef Rotom-W etc. on the defensive side, and Sylveon, Talonflame, CBNite, scarf Lando-T etc. on the offensive side are essential
    -------------

Hope this helps
    Wow, thank you guys so much! Thank you Terra for the suggestions and Alexey for the very detailed follow up. This must have taken a considerable amount of time to write; you're advice and efforts won't be in vain. I really appreciate it and I'll PM you on the results of team performance.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast