Complete My Team! - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete My Team!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Complete My Team!

Milotic is the member I am talking about, it's outclassed by a lot of pokemon.

Much love to Zurr

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

To be fair, I don't intend to become some sort of competitive battling champion. I try to be realistic, but I also like to use Pokemon I actually like. I suppose is doesn't matter if my Pokemon of choice aren't up to scratch to start with. Never mind, thanks anyway. ^^'

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuro View Post
    To be fair, I don't intend to become some sort of competitive battling champion. I try to be realistic, but I also like to use Pokemon I actually like. I suppose is doesn't matter if my Pokemon of choice aren't up to scratch to start with. Never mind, thanks anyway. ^^'
    Don't worry about it. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. You may what to try it as a pivot on an offensive team, maybe even Sunny Day.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Hmm... Well, I had been considering using Blastoise but I'd settled on Milotic. Would that be any better? If not I'll see what I can do with what you've already told me.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

Blog Entries

Just with Milotic, many water types outclass in many aspects. Azumarill, Vaporeon, Rotom-W, and Suicune all hit harder. And the Latter three are bulkier, and all have a niche they could use, Vaporeon can use HydraRest or provide team support, Rotom-W has only one weakness with good stabs, Suicune has great defensive stats. Azumarill has a great niche as a revenge killer. The only benefit that Milotic has is a one turn recovery that works outside of rain, but even then, it's not that useful of a niche. Blastoise could rapid spin, but otherwise, it's not that great.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Ah, okay. Thank you very much nonetheless. A bit more knowledge gained, at least! I'll take that into consideration as well.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

allright, i have a salamence with dd, dclaw, fireblast, earthquake and cb scizor..
    Now i have hit a roadblock and would appreciate help..
    Thinking of putting starmie but suggestions for the last four slots are welcome..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Before I get to suggestions, answer me this: Is this a Gen. V team?
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure it would be, considering Salamence being banned in Gen 4.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Before I get to suggestions, answer me this: Is this a Gen. V team?
    Yep, it is..
    And another clarification,about why i am using cb scizor..
    It is u-turn, which i find immensely useful..
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Do you have pokemon in general that you like using?

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Do you have pokemon in general that you like using?
    Alright i have decided to put in gliscor, ferrothorn and jellicent to sponge attacks, while conkeldurr and scizor will be my offensive core..
    The last choice is between starmie(as a spinner and to destroy gliscor), vaporeon(Wish + Destroy gliscor with surf) or salamence(my weapon of choice against stall)..

So, I'm making a team, no competive, just for fun.

Swords Dancing Scizor. (EVs in Attack and Speed, cause I planned on using Scyther, will fix later.) It'll be my lead.
    Sp. Sweeper Lapras ( EVs in Sp ATK and Defense.) Not much to say, it has a Wide Lens for Hydropump and Sing.
    Sp. Sweeper Espeon ( EVs in Sp ATK and Speed.) If Lapras fails, Espeon comes it with HP Grass, Shadowball and Psychic, Choic Specs too.
    Toxic Stall Umbreon (Defense and Sp. Defense) Leftovers, toxic, moonlight, confuse ray.

Any pokemon I should add?
    Eeveeist.

Want to be the first Bulbapedia Fire Type Gym Leader, think your Story Mode team is good without your EVs and whatnot?!

I have been frustrated trying to figure out a final member for my team. To start off I knew I wanted to base the team around Scrafty so I went with the bulk up set because it plays to his strengths (defensive boosting).

Scrafty @ leftovers, shed skin
    Careful, 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpDef
    Bulk up / Drain punch / Crunch / Rest

I normally aim for him to be my late game sweeper, trying to get his counters out of the way first. Of course I am still new to the competitive battling scene so my skills there need some work, but he is my favorite Pokemon and a reliable one too. Just a note, the 8 attack EVs are because I read on smogon that the extra point maximizes the boosts you receive from bulk up.

Now Scrafty only has two weaknesses, and one is far more common than the other. Enter Sigilyph, a member who has proven his worth time and time again. He has quickly become my third favorite Pokemon (number 2 is next).

Sigilyph @ flame orb, magic guard
    Timid, 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Speed
    Roost / Cosmic power / Stored power / Psycho shift

I originally chose this set because I not only wanted to counter fighting types, I wanted to burn physical attackers to make it easier for Scrafty to get boosts. I originally ran calm mind for the added power to stored power, but found I rarely attack with this beast so I went for the more defensive boosting move.

With those two I needed something to handle possible flying attacks while keeping in mind all the other set up threats I needed to watch out for such as Excadrill and Thundrus. I found the perfect candidate in my second favorite Pokemon.

Quagsire @ leftovers, unaware
    Careful, 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    Curse / Recover / Earthquake / Waterfall

I can't tell you how many people seem to be (pardon the pun) unaware of Quagsire's ability. He gets so much time to set up it's ridiculous. He laughs at everything that sets up and has excellent synergy with Scrafty and Sigilyph.

Sigilyph can take Quagsire's only weakness, grass, while Quagsire is immune to thunderbolt and with his heavy special defense investment he often doesn't care about ice beam either. Sigilyph takes Scrafty's fighting weakness and Scrafty takes dark type moves aimed at Sigilyph like a champ. And finally, Quagsire can take on those who try to set up and any flying type attacks that might come my way. This core has proven to be very solid. With a well functioning core I decided to bring in Ferrothorn because I actually like his design and figure since he fits so well onto so many teams I would give him a shot.

Ferrothorn @ leftovers, iron barbs
    Relaxed, 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
    Spikes / Leech seed / Power whip / Gyro ball

What do you know, he fits wonderfully. I seem to switch around a lot and the additional entry hazards and possible leech seed recovery really help. For those of you in the know, I have pretty much been lifting sets directly from smogon which helps explain the EVs. I haven't the experience nor have I done the research to determine if this is the best EV spread for him, but in the battles I have fought it has worked decently. If you have a suggestion for something that might work better, please don't hold back.

Now having gotten such a defensive thing going, I decided that I needed stealth rock. I was lacking speed at this point so I wanted my stealth rock user to be faster and able to hit decently hard.

Infernape @ life orb, blaze
    Naive, 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    Overheat / Close combat / U-turn / Stealth rock

To be completely honest he doesn't always actually get up stealth rock. I keep finding myself leading off with him and U-turning out without setting the rocks. Its not really a problem since he can often times return later to set them, but he is so fragile compared to everything else that he has difficulty finding a time to come in. I feel like something like Metagross might fit better, but Infernape brings a lot to the table so I've found it hard to seriously consider replacing him.

So there are the five current members of my team. I would say the team is semi-competitive because I am using Pokemon I like, but I already know that how well a Pokemon performs influences how much I like it. I should say here that I plan on making this team in game for my use and I don't have access to some things like Heatran or Jirachi, so please don't suggest those unless you have the means to get me a legit one.

I have noticed that Quagsire doesn't like toxic spikes very much so I have considered a rapid spinner. I also can have some trouble with Gyarados. Excadrill and Gliscor can be a pain if I lose Quagsire, so an additional check to them has been something I have been keeping in mind as well. I really liked the idea of using Amoonguss, but he only fits with his unreleased dream world ability. Without it I decided against him.

So with my team on the table, what should my last Pokemon be?

Blog Entries

@ipwnedurface
    Which gen team is this?

@Bobby's Pants

U might want to consider starmie as a rapid spinner and also as a conkeldurr counter(if u use psychic).
    Also if u want to use nape as stealth rock set-upper, put him as a lead with focus sash and fake out + taunt..
    However, this is very difficult to pull out in the 5th gen, so u may consider changing his role.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast