Complete My Team! - Page 18

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Complete My Team!

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Complete My Team!

ok cool, cool. i think one of the things that i'd recommend is to generally avoid, like, using choiced users on dual screen teams. they're going to use up two turns best-case scenario, and in those two turns you'd probably rather set something up as soon as possible, i think. i like the idea of using agilitygross + sd lucario, since they break each other's checks down very well, but i'm not keen on ferrothorn or hydreigon. you could use volcarona in one of those slots, or you could just go with your previous idea of using volcarona over lucario, although this naturally means that you'll have to be more vigilant in keeping sr off the field, since you are, after all, using a rapid spinner. ferro + hydra sounds interesting on, like, a balanced team, but with these two your team doesn't really seem to have much of a unified goal. against most competent players, espeon will be gone before long and so your screens will often be up only once per match—twice if you're lucky and/or your opponent is bad—so naturally, you're going to want to take advantage of those turns as much as possible. although set-up sweepers are generally pretty cool, i think you need more immediate power, which i think hydreigon supplies—just not to the extent that you need. using a life orb set with tailwind / superpower / fire blast / draco meteor or dpulse @ lo seems like it would be a good option for you. although it forces you to eschew roost for tailwind, you're going to be doing enormous amounts of damage to your opponent's team with hydra's phenomenal coverage. re ferrothorn, i don't really like it in the context of this team, but i can't think of anything that would be more beneficial for you. if you want, you could probably try like reflect / light screen / stealth rock / gyro or explosion bronzong with light clay. the problem with using volcarona is that no matter whether you use espeon or xatu, stealth rock is going to be an enormous concern for you. pokemon like mamoswine walk all over espeon and xatu, and nothing on your team can really stop it from setting up sr to be honest. i think you'd be better off just using zong to set up screens, then using like offensive nasty plot celebi to help you deal with things that could potentially be troubling, i.e. scizor. building a dual screens team without legendaries is actually pretty hard since the playstyle's best abusers are, well, legendaries. i think a magic bouncer on this team is superfluous since it would seriously appreciate having a fighting resistance a lot more. now that i think about it, you probably don't want metagross on your team since it requires an obnoxiously large amount of support to function well. i think you'd benefit from having something like dd lum dragonite in its place, which also does well in eliminating lucario's counters. unfortunately dd dragonite isn't amazing since everyone prepares for it now, but i think it fits well with your team. actually, with this, i think you might want to try, like, rapid spin starmie. cloyster honestly doesn't care that much about having sr down especially since it's not sashed (respect for using kr btw). dragonite, on the other hand, is infinitely better when it's at 100% because multiscale is a ridiculous ability. i have a lot of trouble thinking of viable options, but i tried lol. good luck.

sd lucario / dd dragonite / lo tailwind hydra / dszong / ss cloyster / lo rapid spin starmie

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Perhaps you should either replace Espeon altogether, or just give it a more offensively-oriented set. A lot of people look past it's huge SpA and Speed, so it might give them a surprise.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario - Smogon on Lucario
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game - Click here if you like SSB!
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby - Click here if you like competitive Pokemon!

Dex

Well, first meeting of said league was today, and they have a lot of unusual rules. Doesn't affect my team that much, but it all has to be considered. The big thing is that they have a 1-Pseudo-per-team rule, so it looks like I'll need to rework a few things. I may be back with more questions in the near future. Thanks again for the replies and ideas.
    Last edited by Dex; 28th September 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I'm building a team to raise for Gen VI OU Wi-Fi battles, but I'm struggling to think of what would work for my base concept. I have two Pokémon I'm sure about, and one that's tentative, but that's it. I hope you guys can help.

Mega Lucario
    Timid / Lucarionite / Steadfast -> Adaptability
    6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Nasty Plot

The very Pokémon that my team is to be built around. I went the Nasty Plot way for two reasons. One, I've always wanted to use a Nasty Plotter, XD. Two, PokéBank isn't available yet, so I can't get Ice Punch for a Swords Dance set. Anyway, Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon are the main attacking moves for this set; with STAB and Adaptability, they both have a potent 160 power. Despite having some overlapping super-effective coverage, they cover each other decently as far as neutral coverage goes. Ghost- and Fairy-types that shrug off Aura Sphere are hit hard by Flash Cannon; in fact, Adaptability Flash Cannon hits Ghost-types just as hard as a super-effective Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball. Because I couldn't find any really meaningful coverage moves, I went with Vacuum Wave to troll Choice Scarfers with its decent 80 power (yay Adaptability!).

Espeon
    Timid / Light Clay / Magic Bounce
    252 HP / 6 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - Dazzling Gleam

This thing sets up dual screens to help Lucario set up and go on a rampage. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it can't be Taunted, and it even deters entry hazards from anything not packing Mold Breaker. When it's done setting up, it can hit its opponents decently hard (even without investment) before it goes down or I switch it out. Psychic is obvious STAB, and Dazzling Gleam's really just there to counter Dark-types.

Sableye
    Bold / Leftovers / Prankster
    252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Defense
    - Foul Play
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt
    - Recover

This one's tentative, but I figured spreading some quick burns around would help Lucario set up against physical hitters, at least. That's not to say this mischievous little gremlin can't have its own fun with those physical hitters. Will-O-Wisp is obvious, Taunt prevents setup and other nasty surprises, Recover keeps Sableye healthy, and Foul Play can hit really hard even if the target's burned (Foul Play's only hampered when the user is burned).

And that's all I've got so far. I'd love to have something with at least Stealth Rock somewhere, but aside from that, I'm not sure what else to use.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

@SharKing

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
    Iron Barbs
    Relaxed
    252 HP/48 Def/208 Sp Def
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Thunder Wave
    -Power Whip

Lucario greatly appreciates entry hazard damage in order to nab OHKOes and 2HKOes he wouldn't have otherwise, and Ferrothorn can provide your hazard of choice - Spikes or Rocks. Spreading Paralysis also assists a Lucario sweep so you don't have to rely on Vacuum Wave to hit faster mons. Rocky Helmet over Leftovers because you're using Leech Seed anyway and it helps deal with MKanghaskan (you do have Sableye, the closest thing MKanghaskan has to a hard counter, but backup always helps). Power Whip over Gyro Ball because it makes IV breeding easier and Lucario and the next mon provide Steel coverage already.

Bisharp@Life Orb
    Defiant
    Adamant
    200 HP/252 Atk/56 Speed
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Sucker Punch
    -Iron Head

Rounds out your offense with a deadly physical attacker. Helps you deal with Sticky Web teams by means of Defiant + Sucker Punch, and is stupid hard to stop after a boost from Defiant, Swords Dance, or heaven forbid both (has been known to 6-0 teams). Sub eases prediction on Sucker Punch and prevents status, Iron Head is strong stab for those rascally Fairies and Sandstorm-Rock-types with their stupidly high Special defense (cough cough AV T-tar) and it can take care of Aegislash that may wish to wall your Lucario (Sucker Punch doesn't proc King's Shield and even if you hit Iron Head by mistake, Defiant nulls the Attack drop).

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold
    248 HP/252 Def/8 Speed
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Scald
    -Roar

Deals with the fire weakness that Lucario, Ferrothorn, and Bisharp share. Also provides healing as Sableye and Ferrothorn are the only ones who can heal, and Ferrothorn's recovery isn't reliable. Hydro Pump could be used over Scald since Sableye and Ferrothorn already spread status, but you're not going to do too much damage anyway. Roar helps rack up hazard damage from Ferrothorn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    I'm building a team to raise for Gen VI OU Wi-Fi battles, but I'm struggling to think of what would work for my base concept. I have two Pokémon I'm sure about, and one that's tentative, but that's it. I hope you guys can help.

Mega Lucario
    Timid / Lucarionite / Steadfast -> Adaptability
    6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Nasty Plot

The very Pokémon that my team is to be built around. I went the Nasty Plot way for two reasons. One, I've always wanted to use a Nasty Plotter, XD. Two, PokéBank isn't available yet, so I can't get Ice Punch for a Swords Dance set. Anyway, Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon are the main attacking moves for this set; with STAB and Adaptability, they both have a potent 160 power. Despite having some overlapping super-effective coverage, they cover each other decently as far as neutral coverage goes. Ghost- and Fairy-types that shrug off Aura Sphere are hit hard by Flash Cannon; in fact, Adaptability Flash Cannon hits Ghost-types just as hard as a super-effective Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball. Because I couldn't find any really meaningful coverage moves, I went with Vacuum Wave to troll Choice Scarfers with its decent 80 power (yay Adaptability!).

Espeon
    Timid / Light Clay / Magic Bounce
    252 HP / 6 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - Dazzling Gleam

This thing sets up dual screens to help Lucario set up and go on a rampage. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it can't be Taunted, and it even deters entry hazards from anything not packing Mold Breaker. When it's done setting up, it can hit its opponents decently hard (even without investment) before it goes down or I switch it out. Psychic is obvious STAB, and Dazzling Gleam's really just there to counter Dark-types.

Sableye
    Bold / Leftovers / Prankster
    252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Defense
    - Foul Play
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt
    - Recover

This one's tentative, but I figured spreading some quick burns around would help Lucario set up against physical hitters, at least. That's not to say this mischievous little gremlin can't have its own fun with those physical hitters. Will-O-Wisp is obvious, Taunt prevents setup and other nasty surprises, Recover keeps Sableye healthy, and Foul Play can hit really hard even if the target's burned (Foul Play's only hampered when the user is burned).

And that's all I've got so far. I'd love to have something with at least Stealth Rock somewhere, but aside from that, I'm not sure what else to use.
    Bulkychomp.

252 hp,defense, 4 attack.

Blog Entries

I have a team that is missing a last slot. I'd like a counter for scarf terrakion, swampert/quagsire, and concledurr-- maybe a bulky special attacker.

I've had a cloyster there, but to improve coverage I dropped my scarf hydra for the genesect. And took out cloyster, who was actually very good, for barberacle. But barberacle isn't really working.

Edit: Two possibilities

Celebi@assault vest
    Giga drain
    Psychic
    Earth power
    Charge beam

Florges@leftovers
    Moonblast
    Grass knot
    Wish
    Protect/Calm mind

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'm thinking of building a Fossil Team, but I'm not sure which six pokemon I should use. I've been reading several articles but more than half were like 'but even with these options they're pretty much useless so you're better off using other pokemons'. ;_; I love the fossil pokemons - and I'm planning to polish them proudly.

To begin with, I have all the fossils available except Auroras (which I can trade for). I'm planning to use a Rampardos, Cradily, Aerodactyl, and the T-rex (forgot the name). I also have Relicanth. None of them have Hidden Abilities, though, I could probably trade for those once Bank is available

1. What other two pokemon should I use?
    2. Should I replace Aerodactyl with Archeops? Or should I use both?
    3. Any other opinions?

I'll get to EV training and movesets later, I just want to know which fossils are good to use for now.

Armaldo
    Omastar
    Kabutops
    Bastiodon
    Carracosta
    Archeops
    Auroras

Follow Chibi Buizel On Twitter
    Follow Chibi Buizel on Tumblr Visit Chibi Buizel's Youtube Channel

I've never been good at building competitive teams, but I've been getting some tips and borrowing ideas from mor experienced team-builders, and this is how my team is looking so far, though I'm not sure what kind of Pokemon I should be looking for to fill Spot #6. hoping I can get some suggestions for who should fill my 6th slot, before I go ahead and make a RMT thread.

Edit: I just realized I put Leech Seed down for Galvantula for some reason. Replaced it with Volt Switch
    Last edited by Chibi Buizel; 3rd January 2014 at 12:09 AM.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Buizel View Post
    I've never been good at building competitive teams, but I've been getting some tips and borrowing ideas from mor experienced team-builders, and this is how my team is looking so far, though I'm not sure what kind of Pokemon I should be looking for to fill Spot #6. hoping I can get some suggestions for who should fill my 6th slot, before I go ahead and make a RMT thread.

Sableye @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Def
    Careful Nature
    -Taunt
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Foul Play/Knock Off

As a Sticky Web Team with a Sashvantula suicide lead, it is imperative that your opponent does not remove your hazards once they are set, as Galvantula will not stick around long enough to reset Sticky Web. Sableye, as a Ghost, spinblocks. But there is a reason to use him over any other Ghost - his priority Taunt is by far the most reliable answer to Defog users in the game. Taunt is the only way to stop Defog, as even if you switch in a Magic Bouncer the field is still cleared, and Sableye is the only Prankster that spinblocks besides Mega Banette, who can't be with Mega Charizard X on the same team.

Obviously, this Sableye would break Item Clause with your current team. I recommend Scarf Rotom with Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, and Trick to remedy this, as Sableye can spread Burns and act as a wall more reliably than your current Rotom due to Prankstet WoW and Recover.

My team is good so far lol

Well thx enjoy k ill battle you if you want lol

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

standard ou

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite ** MIKEY BASS
    Trait: Trace -> Pixiliate
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hyper Voice
    - Focus Blast / Taunt

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry ** THANKYOUBRANCH
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 16 Spd / 216 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower / Low Kick / Fire Blast (sassy obvs. for this)

Manaphy (?) @ Leftovers ** CONTEMPT
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
    - Tail Glow
    - Psychic
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Keldeo-R (?) @ Choice Specs ** TOKYO
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Scald
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind

I've been using CB Genesect + Defog Latias in the last two slots, but I'm not sure if I like that arrangement. Obviously, this sort of team has problems with a lot of things (I have to be really careful against Aegislash, for instance, but I can usually lure it in with Gardevoir and cripple it). Having another strong Fighting resistance would probably go a long way, but I'm unsure of what this should be. I was thinking a stallbreaker Tornadus (Taunt / Hurricane / Focus Blast / U-turn or Heat Wave, presumably) and something else, but I don't know. I really like the concept of this team, however; the vast majority of the things that give Gardevoir problems are dealt with really nicely by Keldeo. Moreover, Gardevoir's Will-o-Wisps make annoying Pokemon like Scizor and Tyranitar considerably more manageable. Essentially, Gardevoir breaks holes into opposing teams with its ridiculous Hyper Voices for Keldeo to clean up late-game. Naturally, this works a lot better against defensive teams than offensive ones because my current team does not have a lot of speed behind it. It does have a lot of power, but it can be managed easily by heavily offensive teams. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could potentially better this team? Taunt might be interesting, but I like Focus Blast a lot more.
    Last edited by scheisskopf; 18th January 2014 at 03:15 PM.

Follow Chibi Buizel On Twitter
    Follow Chibi Buizel on Tumblr Visit Chibi Buizel's Youtube Channel

I've been thinking about making a Doubles Trick Room team and at the moment, these are the Pokemon I'm considering for it

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Speed)
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Gyro Ball
    ~Power Whip
    ~Leech Seed

Reuniuclus @Life Orb
    Abiltiy: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 DEF / 252 SpAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Speed)
    Moves:
    ~Psyshock
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Trick Room
    ~Focus Blast

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
    Ability: Static/Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Speed)
    ~Discharge
    ~Dragon Pulse
    ~Power Gem
    ~Focus Blast

Dusclops @ Eviolite
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    Sassy Nature (+SpDef, -Speed)
    ~Trick Room
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Helping Hand
    ~Pain Split

Talonflame @ ???
    Abiltiy: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/ 4 ?
    Adamant Nature? (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    ~Brave Bird
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Roost
    ~???

Honestly don't know much about pokemon that'd be viable on a Trick Room team, so any suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: Updated with suggestions from friends, still need a 6th pokemon
    Last edited by Chibi Buizel; 20th January 2014 at 12:49 PM.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

110px-641tornadus-therian.png
    Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb ** FREEFALLING
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Taunt
    - Knock Off / Heat Wave / Air Slash
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast

110px-130gyarados-mega.png
    Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite ** QUEEN IS DEAD
    Trait: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake

I started using this core yesterday to a fair amount of success. In my opinion, Tornadus-T is an extremely underrated Pokemon in this metagame; in spite of its only worthwhile stab (currently) being a 70% accurate move, it's an incredibly formidable force due to its incredible speed tier and the sheer power of LO Hurricanes. Because of the combination of Regenerator, strong STAB moves, Knock Off, and Taunt, stall teams actually have a surprising amount of trouble with Tornadus-T, especially since their most common way of dealing with it is Chansey, which is incapable of doing more than one hundred damage per turn to it, while Tornadus can strip it of its Eviolite via Knock Off and subsequently do upwards of 40% to it with Focus Blast. Yet Chansey isn't the only Pokemon that it can trouble; virtually no Pokemon enjoy having their item removed, and those which do not mind Knock Off generally do mind taking a Life Orb Hurricane with the potential exception of Charizard-Y.

That is not to say that Tornadus-T does not have its issues, however: as mentioned before, its damage-dealing moves outside of Rain are extremely unreliable, each standing at a paltry 70% accuracy. On another note, it has no means of dealing with Rotom-W. While it does not enjoy taking Life Orb-boosted Hurricanes and Focus Blasts, Rotom-W is capable of taking both a Hurricane and a Focus Blast with Stealth Rock down even when physically defensive and can either Pain Split to regain its health or Volt Switch out.

The issue of Rotom-W is essentially where Gyarados comes in. Mega Gyarados is capable of removing most of the threats that can force out Tornadus-T, notably Rotom-W, and can break down more balanced teams for Tornadus-T to come out late-game and hopefully sweep, or vice versa. Playing with Gyarados is a task that requires a fair amount of caution and knowledge of the metagame, especially when one considers the vastly different weaknesses and resistances of each form. In general, I would only Mega Evolve Gyarados when I am certain that I will need the extra damage or when it would help me take a hit from opposing threats such as Aegislash or some sort of hard-hitting Psychic- or Ghost-type Pokemon.

What else should I run? I'm loath to use Sand, but it's been very effective when paired with Toxic Hippowdon since Tornadus-I and Hippo can break down more defensive teams without a cleric almost effortlessly through the collective virtues of Toxic + Knock Off + Taunt + SR. Rain would be good for obvious reasons, but I don't think Rain is nearly as strong as Sand in this metagame and slapping Politoed on a team would give me an obvious SR weak.

Stupid character limit fo
    Blog Entries

I've seen teams that can run dual weathers, so it isn't out of the question. (Go to youtube and search "EPIC CASTFORM SWEEP" for an example, although do read the fine print.)

Your team ATM suffers from a lack of priority though. If running dual weather, maybe Kabutops + Hippo? Kabutops benefits from both (to the point where it can outspeed the whole unboosted metagame in the rain) and makes a terrifying sweeper if given a setup opportunity. I don't have any other advice, but my favorite Kabutops set is
    Kabutops@Lum Berry/Air Balloon/Sash
    Jolly (So you can outspeed stuff outside rain)
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    Rapid Spin/Waterfall
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide(Matter of preference.)
    Aqua Jet
    Swords Dance

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast