Complete My Team! - Page 17
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete My Team!

Default Re: Complete My Team!

I want to know if you guy can find a last guy for my team I use for standard wifi
    heatran timid air balloon
    Dragon pulse
    Fire blast
    Earth power
    Taunt

latios bold choice speck
    Draco metor
    Psyshock
    ???
    Surf

Hippowdon impish rocky helmet
    Earthquake
    Ice fang
    Stealth rocks
    Slack off

Ferrothorn relaxed leftovers
    Leach seed
    Gyro ball
    Protect
    Power whip

Jellicent bold ???
    Scald
    Recover
    Toxic
    Shadow ball

Don't know what my last guy is but I used smgon for the sets you can find them there but any thing helps

try trick as your fourth move on latios to beat last-pokemon reuniclus
    leftovers > rocky helmet on hippowdon
    leftovers on jellicent, i'd go taunt > shadow ball but it's not entirely necessary. try surf since you're toxicing.
    spikes > protect on ferrothorn
    try scarf terrakion as your last

sorry for the brevity of this response, just some things i thought of

Quote Originally Posted by scheisskopf View Post
    try trick as your fourth move on latios to beat last-pokemon reuniclus
    leftovers > rocky helmet on hippowdon
    leftovers on jellicent, i'd go taunt > shadow ball but it's not entirely necessary. try surf since you're toxicing.
    spikes > protect on ferrothorn
    try scarf terrakion as your last

sorry for the brevity of this response, just some things i thought of
    I like trick on Latios but with the item thing I can't use the same item twice and I can only use 3 pokemon I also like scald because I can burn and do damage and keep physical guy out at times and I like toxic to hurt stalls I keep shadow for a stab and heat ran has taunt protect I use to out stall and hippo has rocks but I like terrakion but I have no way of getting one I caught mine already
    But thanks for the help

If I ever compete in the VCG, this would be my team, but I still need one more member.

Arcanine
    Impish
    Item: Expert Belt
    Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Attack, 125 Speed, 125 HP

Wild Charge
    Flare Blitz
    Morning Sun
    Close Combat

Regice
    Bashful
    Item: Quick Claw
    Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Sp. Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Defense

Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Hidden Power Water (about 60 power)

Haxorus
    Lax
    Item: Life Orb
    Rivalry
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Outrage
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance

Volcorona
    Lax
    Item: Scope Lens
    Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defense

Bug Buzz
    Hidden Power Ice (power unknown)
    Heat Wave
    Quiver Dance

Skarmory
    Sassy
    Item: Leftovers
    Sturdy
    EVs: Unknown, was used for in-game purposes at one point

Iron Head
    Roost
    Tailwind
    Stealth Rock

I was thinking of adding Hydregion, another Dragon can't hurt too much, especially with the Dragon type's dominance. I was also thinking of adding a Rotom-Wash or a Zapdos I have with really good IVs and a Hidden Power Water, so I was considering him, but I really don't know.
    Last edited by Jdog1020; 24th July 2013 at 06:04 PM.

I'm brand spanking new to competitive battling but have been doing a lot of reading/watching videos/messing around on Showdown. I think I've figured out that I'm more adept at VGC doubles than singles right now and mostly I've been looking at OU.

I want to make a team kind of based around Volcarona (one of the few I like from B/W) and I have some questions...
    1. Is Volcarona a good choice for basing a team around for a beginner since it's pretty frail?
    2. As far as building a team I've gotten this far:

Volcarona - Special Sweeper, possibly the Hurrican set if I decide to go in a rain or rain counter direction

Cobalion - I don't really want to use Hitmontop or Conkeldur and I figure this could make a good replacement

Mamoswine - I kind of just picked this randomly but I hate Breeloom so much and figured this could be backup if Volcarona can't take it out.

I'm open to any and all suggestion seeing as I feel like I don't know what I'm doing!

Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardivor, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario117 View Post
    Hey I'm playing in game since I cannot connect to Nintendo wifi and I need help finding a sixth member for my team. My only tactic in battling is to knockout the opponent as fast as possible. My team is: Charizard, Latios, Suicune, Torterra, Lucario. Also I wish to as this without looking like a big idiot.... what is OU, RU and the others since I know NOTHING about competitive battling so if anyone wants to tell me what that is please feel free to. Lastly some Pokemon I have in mind for my team are: Gardivor, Gallade, Tyranitar and Jolteon.
    Okay, so OU and RU and all those other ones are tiers that generally dictate what Pokemon are better in competitive play in a basic sense. And looking at your team, you have a lot of types covered, which is good, but I notice a lack of resistance to Flying, so there is a bit of a small vulnerability there, so any Electric type such as Elektross would be a really good choice, but after looking, I don't see any other weaknesses.

ok I put Tyranitar in it so he'll do some good and I gave Latios Thunderbolt. Also thanks for telling me what OU and RU stand for.

Blog Entries

Seeing as we're moving into a new generation soon (So can't wait!! :D ), I'd like to try & get a basic team going, so I can swap once I know which 6th gen Pokes I've fallen in love with. (not letting my feelings toward the anime's changes sound-wise bother me this time!) & besides, people will still use the 5th gen battling for some time to come, & I'd like my Black 2 guys to be ready to go. ^^

Here's the improved list, I've realized my older choices had too much weakness in Psychic & Dark types. If you spot anything you can give advice on, please do. I'm trying to avoid 4th & 5th gen still, but as you can see I'm very much open to Pokémon that evolve from the older gens in these two. (Magnezone for example)

Gallade
    Tyranitar
    Kingdra
    Blazekin
    Magnezone
    Metagross

I know next to nothing when it comes to effective movesets, I've always gone with what's going to get me through the storyline in the fastest way, so I can enjoy it without it being tedious. So I'd love any advice you can chuck at me. :D
    Local Meowth fanatic/Kittenshipper.

Siggie by Trickster44 of Serebii forums, thanks!

For a mono-type Dark-Type team, I tend to use a Sableye (Tricking Prankster), a Hydregion (Agressive Special Attacker) and a Weavile (Quick Physical Attacker). Any suggestions for the last three spots and recommanded movesets?
    Last edited by Samtendo09; 11th August 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Da, this vill work!

Building my first competitive team for a league. I think they have no Ubers, no Legends, no Garchomp, in addition to the other usual stuff like evasion.

After much Smogon research and battle simming, I have sort of settled toward this:

Cloyster/Skill Link/King's Rock

Lucario/Justified/Life Orb

Metagross/Clear Body/Expert Belt

Hydreigon/Levitate/Choice Specs

Ferrothorn/Iron Barbs/Leftovers

Espeon/Magic Bounce/Light Clay

Now here's my dilemma. I really seem to struggle mid-late game. I just seam to run out of steam and tend to get walled. Any suggestions at making this team a little more offensively oriented? It seems I just can't deal with fighting types, because Espeon usually takes damage or is KO'd early. Dealing with water types also gets ugly, though Ferrothorn does a good job. On top of that, the biggest freaking annoyance is Volcarona, especially as a lead. Espeon can't deal with it, and everything is weak to either bug or fire, except Cloyster. I suppose I can lead with Cloyster if I see a Volcarona, but if they don't lead with it it is tricky to keep Cloyster alive at times.

Just sort of putting this out there. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's not terrible, it just has those few specific pokemon that decimate it.
    Last edited by Dex; 24th September 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

1. What IS your reason for Explosion on Metagross? Since Explosion has been half power for a while now, I hardly ever see anyone use it. Its main use is not to kill the opposing pokemon with a kamikaze attack, it's to get YOUR METAGROSS off of the field and someone else in safely (e.g. Bronzong uses Rain Dance turn 1, then Explosion turn 2 to get in a Kabutops safely). If you don't have a particular situation in which Metagross needs to switch out and get someone else in safely, then I would say switch that move to something else, perhaps Thunderpunch if you can afford it.

2. I don't like Espeon. From what you mention as your problems, it seems that Espeon is the weakest link, the one who lets you down the most. So what are you using him for? (Magic Bounce, I assume). But the thing is, some pokemon that use Stealth Rock also kill Espeon, like Tyranitar and Donphan. So if your opponent has a Stealth Rock Tyranitar, what are you going to do? You can switch Espeon in to stop him from using Stealth Rock, but then Espeon DIES the next turn, and the battle is now 6-5 and Espeon's only contribution was that it prevented Tyranitar from using Stealth Rock for 2 turns, since it now has the rest of the battle to find an opportunity.

You don't have to get rid of Espeon. But if you do decide to, look for a pokemon that can stop both Volcarona and Fighting types. Gyarados would be a good option if you are interested in going that direction

@Karpi;

1... Lol I don't know what I was thinking. Probably 4 hours of sleep in the two days up to that is to blame. It definitely is not a good thing to go with.
    2. Espeon really was there for the dual shields originally, but I really don't know how much I value it. Tyranitar actually can't get it, since Espeon's speed lets it get in a HP Fighting. Not really sure.

Since then, I got fed up with Lucario, and replaced it with a Volcarona. Not sure how I like it. It does do a lot of awesome if it sets up, though. Not entirely sure still. Mostly I need to get a move on when it comes to actually training these things. It sure it time-consuming! (but addicting at the same time).

On something that can stop Volcarona and deal with fighting, what about Salamence? Perhaps in place of Hydreigon. Similar idea, but just that tad faster and can deal with the Fighting and Bug stuff as well.

My URPG Stats

i agree with karpi, honestly; espeon just isn't that good in this metagame since the most prominent hazard-setters usually have some method of disposing of it. garchomp has its ridiculously strong stab moves (e: wait no garchomp). landorus-t does huge chunks with eq and u-turn. even hippowdon 2hkos with earthquake. don't get me started on tyranitar lol. bw2 is pretty dumb because all things that keep hazards off the field don't really work on most teams. that being said, i think if you really want a magic bouncer on your team instead of a rapid spinner, you should use xatu over espeon. xatu has slightly higher defense and can at least keep some things from setting up sr on you like physical landorus-t and hippowdon. i think you tend to 'run out of steam' mid/early game because some of your pokemon aren't exactly cut out for abusing screens: ferrothorn absolutely kills your momentum and dual screens teams typically don't appreciate choiced users unless they're like late-game scarfers. i don't have the time to post a comprehensive reply to your team, but use agility on gross because agility metagross is deceptively good in this metagame. make no mistake, it requires pretty intense support to work, but it usually shouldn't have much trouble picking off offensive teams late-game. ice punch > blaze kick on luke, ice punch > bullet punch on gross, agility > explosion on metagross. you don't really need mash compared to the other moves. do keep in mind that your only fighting resistance, depending on its spread, can be straight-up 2hkoed by a scarf terrakion close combat. use something like landorus-t over ferrothorn to not die to rock moves and to get your rocks up.

i should update this in like sixteen hours with a better, more comprehensive rate

also put evs on your mons because i don't know what you're choosing to do. i'm assuming that legendaries aren't banned since you just mention garchomp but they probably are.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try some of the stuff you suggest. (And yeah, there's no legendaries).

My URPG Stats

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast