Complete My Team! - Page 15
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete My Team!

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Complete My Team!

I'm looking through Bulbapedia, and I'm pre-planning a team based on Pokemon White 2 - so that way, I don't waste money and exp on pokemon that I don't have to catch or raise.

However, I want a main team of six that will stick with me from around the 5th gym or so until I see the first credits.
    I don't EV train, or IV train.

Could I ask for some advice on a balanced team I can use? I don't want types to overlap, btw.

I'm already planning to use Oshawott as a stater, and here are some pokemons I would like to use.

I would greatly appreciate it if you advised on moves, and recommendation on pokemons that are available BEFORE the first credits.

No breeding moves since I heard breeding isn't allowed until post game. Also, no eeveelutions please. AND NO LUCARIO AND NO DRAGONS.

for samurott, i'd recommend megahorn (it can be obtained by using the Driftveil move relearner) or X Scissor if you're leery about accuracy, so that you have emergency grass or psychic coverage. As for Growlithe/Arcanine, since you're willing to wait for Flare Blitz, you can probably add Outrage and Crunch/Reversal/ExtremeSpeed, as those are some of the more useful moves in its arsenal.

EDIT: For Aggron, I'd try to get one with sturdy, so that you could utilize Rock Polish/Autotomize(Automotize?) and boost it's abysmal speed stat. Lefties and Shell Bell can more or less compensate for recoil damage from take down/double-edge. BTW, this may want to be moved to the In-Game teams thread, too, but these are my suggestions nonetheless
    Last edited by Data-Roxas; 20th October 2012 at 01:22 AM.

So im pretty new to both this forum and competitive battling so i was wondering if i could get some input on building my team.. i feel like ive got decent move sets laid out but the team just doesnt flow.. idk any help would be greatly appreciated. Also uncertain if im using appropriate poekmon sort of aiming for UU tier.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash/ Light Clay
    Ability: Thick Fat/Snow Cloak
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
    - Earthquake/ Ice Shard/ Roar?
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard/ Light Screen ?
    - Endeavor/ Reflect ?

Support/ lead sort of deal going on here use to either dish out some damage on the oppositions team after stealth rock or set up support for the rest of the team. Though Mamoswine's survivability isnt all that great so im not too sure about the dual-screens.

Other options: Torterra or Probopass, both running stealth rock's and similar set to Mamoswine but probably more defensively geared opposed to speed.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Nature: Adamant or Jolly ?
    - Wild Charge/ Thunder Punch/ Thunder Bolt ?
    - Ice Punch/ Dual Chop ?
    - Brick Break/ Low Sweep ?
    - Rock Slide/ Earthquake ?

This guy is mainly for dishing out super effective physical damage. He seems to have a decent move pool so im kinda at a loss with all the option. Could probably run thunder wave, dual screens or toxic but it seems like a waste with such a good attack stat.

Other options: Honestly this is the one guy who i definitely want to run on my team, but im open to suggestions.

Volcarona OR Lucario

Volcarona @ Lum Berry/ Leftovers ?
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252SpAtk/4HP/252Spd/ or 236SpAtk/112Def/160Spd ?
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Quiver Dance
    - Hidden Power (Ice/Rock)/ Substitute/ Whirlwind/ Solarbeam/ Gigadrain ?

Again special sweeper, however could be run with Sunny Day and boost its attack if i ran it more defensively but im not exactly sure who to run sunny day on.. Solarbeam is for if i run sun for any water or rock types that try get in Volcarona's way as is gigadrain but it doesnt need sun.

Lucario @ Life Orb/ Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf ?
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Modest
    - Aura Sphere
    - Hidden Power [Ice]/ Shadow Ball/ Dragon Pulse ?
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot/ Shadow Ball/ Dragon Pulse ?

Same as Volcarona.

Other options: Heat Rotom, Wash Rotom, Octillery (on trick room team), Chandelure all running special sweeper sets, although i could probably run 2 special attackers and 2 physical attackers with a physical and special wall or something not sure what poekmon to go with though.

as for the last 3 slots im really not sure. i was looking at walling pokemon namely Cofagrigus, Bronzong and Gliscor but i also know Jellicent, Tentacruel, Skarmory and Gastrodon can be used, and probably another physical attacker or a support/tank/annoyer idk. I was seriously looking at Metagross and Gallade who could both take hits due to high defensive stats which is awesome. Bisharp, Weavile, Mienshao, Salamence, Haxorus, Escavalier and Gyarados also made the list for this slot but yeah users discretion because im really not sure where to go with this team or whats good and stuff.. but im really not sure about the last 3 slots.

any input is appreciate, thanks =]

Mamoswine: He is outclassed by other users of dual screens and doesn't have the bulk to set them both up in addition to Stealth Rocks. Ice Shard and Earthquake are primary STABS, Stealth Rocks if your team cannot provide it and endeavor in the last slot for when sash activates.

Electrivire: outclassed by many other things that can hit harder and faster.

Volcarona: You would need a spinner to support it and you should pick either Hidden Power Ground or Giga Drain depending on how much you struggle with Heatran. Unless of course you go bulky in which case pick Moonlight. This thing is effective in all weathers.

Lucario: I wouldn't consider special Lucario to have enough of a niche to be viable.
    Last edited by Takaki; 3rd November 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

@Takaki He is trying to go for a UU team, I believe he stated. In which case, I think it might be worth noting, @redan , that most of your already planned team members seem to fall into OU (with the exception of electivire, who is tiered in RU for his own safety).

@Data-Roxas; I rated it as an OU team because otherwise I'd be building it for him.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

fair enough, I just thought it was worth noting.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Rather than prove my inadequacies as a competitive 'Master, my friends and I have mock Gym battles between ourselves. The Gyms we will run next have one rule: we can have a party of whatever Pokemon we want, but each Pokemon has to have a particular color in their appearance and we can chose the color. I chose Yellow, initially thinking I would use Elektross (what a noob idea), but this is the team I have come up with:

Jolton (Scouter) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EV: 252 speed, 252 spat, 4 spdef
    HP: 140 AT: 75 DEF: 79 SPAT: 178 SPDEF: 109 SPEED: 182
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Signal Beam
    Jolteon is my special sweeper / scout. Fragile, but with the Choice Scarf it is almost guaranteed that he will at least hit first. Volt Switch allows me to bring out a heftier 'Mon to hopefully take out the opponent.

Shuckle (Setter Upper) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Sassy
    EV: 252 DEF, 252 SP DEF, 4 HP
    HP: 95 AT: 27 DEF: 282 SPAT: 25 SPDEF: 310 SPEED 9
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Power Split
    - Gyro Ball
    Shuckle has worked out pretty well at being a set up when Jolteon Volt Switches back in. Throw down a Stealth Rock and perhaps a Toxic or two before he goes down. Otherwise he was probably a bad choice.

Rotom S (Sub Split) @ Focus Band
    Ability: Levitate
    252 SPAT, 252 SPEED, 4 SPDEF
    HP: 123 AT: 76 DEF: 127 SPAT: 157 SPDEF: 119 SPEED: 151
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split
    - Air Slash
    Stolen straight from Smogon, but it worked extremely well, especially when I went up against my significant others' ground team. I was able to wear him down slowly with Substitute, Pain Split and Air Slash.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 def
    HP: 184 AT: 200 DEF: 115 SPAT: 90 SPDEF: 105 SPEED: 154
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    What more needs to be said? Garchomp. He Garstomped all over my opponents. Half the time, he was the reason that I won at all.

Infernape @ Citrus Berry
    Ability: Blaze
    EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    HP: 151 AT: 171 DEF: 88 SPAT: 108 SPDEF: 88 SPEED:160
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-Turn
    - Acrobatics
    - Close Combat
    He can't take a hit too well, but when he does the Citrus Berry brings him back up and makes Acrobatics a viable move. He was great for my Bug opponent.

Alakazam (Special Sweeper) @ Focus Sash
    EV: 252 spt, 252 speed, 4 hp
    HP: 246 AT: 97 DEF: 126 SPAT: 405 SPDEF: 193 SPEED: 339
    - Dark Pulse
    - Charge Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    I only put out Alakazam out when I was sure the opponent was recharging or would put out a ghost type 'Mon. These stats are for lvl 100, mind you, so they didn't work in the Link Battle lvl 50 area, but the idea was the same.

In the end, I won 2/3 of the time against my opponents. My thoughts are that it was mostly due to the fact that I had no walls, no way to stave off incoming attacks or weather effects like Sand Stream. What would you guys have done? What would you replace on my team? Alakazam is the only one I am not inclined to trade out.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hedface View Post
    Rather than prove my inadequacies as a competitive 'Master, my friends and I have mock Gym battles between ourselves. The Gyms we will run next have one rule: we can have a party of whatever Pokemon we want, but each Pokemon has to have a particular color in their appearance and we can chose the color. I chose Yellow, initially thinking I would use Elektross (what a noob idea), but this is the team I have come up with:

Jolton (Scouter) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EV: 252 speed, 252 spat, 4 spdef
    HP: 140 AT: 75 DEF: 79 SPAT: 178 SPDEF: 109 SPEED: 182
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Signal Beam
    Jolteon is my special sweeper / scout. Fragile, but with the Choice Scarf it is almost guaranteed that he will at least hit first. Volt Switch allows me to bring out a heftier 'Mon to hopefully take out the opponent.
    Your Jolteon is fine but I think you should replace Signal Beam with Pin Missle.It can deal more damage on Psychic,Dark and Grass due to multi hits
    Your choice

Shuckle (Setter Upper) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Sassy
    EV: 252 DEF, 252 SP DEF, 4 HP
    HP: 95 AT: 27 DEF: 282 SPAT: 25 SPDEF: 310 SPEED 9
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Power Split
    - Gyro Ball
    Shuckle has worked out pretty well at being a set up when Jolteon Volt Switches back in. Throw down a Stealth Rock and perhaps a Toxic or two before he goes down. Otherwise he was probably a bad choice.
    Shuckle is good cant find any ways to improve him

Rotom S (Sub Split) @ Focus Band
    Ability: Levitate
    252 SPAT, 252 SPEED, 4 SPDEF
    HP: 123 AT: 76 DEF: 127 SPAT: 157 SPDEF: 119 SPEED: 151
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split
    - Air Slash
    Stolen straight from Smogon, but it worked extremely well, especially when I went up against my significant others' ground team. I was able to wear him down slowly with Substitute, Pain Split and Air Slash.
    Rotom is good

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 def
    HP: 184 AT: 200 DEF: 115 SPAT: 90 SPDEF: 105 SPEED: 154
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    What more needs to be said? Garchomp. He Garstomped all over my opponents. Half the time, he was the reason that I won at all.
    Give Garchomp Dragon Dance then nothing is gonna stop it

Infernape @ Citrus Berry
    Ability: Blaze
    EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    HP: 151 AT: 171 DEF: 88 SPAT: 108 SPDEF: 88 SPEED:160
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-Turn
    - Acrobatics
    - Close Combat
    He can't take a hit too well, but when he does the Citrus Berry brings him back up and makes Acrobatics a viable move. He was great for my Bug opponent.
    Give it tremendous speed and attack so it can own with Close Combat It can only hit 2-3 times with CC so make sure it counts

Alakazam (Special Sweeper) @ Focus Sash
    EV: 252 spt, 252 speed, 4 hp
    HP: 246 AT: 97 DEF: 126 SPAT: 405 SPDEF: 193 SPEED: 339
    - Dark Pulse
    - Charge Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    I only put out Alakazam out when I was sure the opponent was recharging or would put out a ghost type 'Mon. These stats are for lvl 100, mind you, so they didn't work in the Link Battle lvl 50 area, but the idea was the same.
    Replace Charge Beam with Focus Blast so you can hit hard at Dark types

Well thats all that I can help

Well, I'm still working on a team I can make on my White game, the actual cartridge. I've made teams before, on PO/PS, but those always included some event exclusives I couldn't actually obtain, like Celebi and Jirachi. Because having a Grass-type and/or Rotom-W is important with all the rain teams running around, I started with the only viable Grass-type I could obtain: Roserade. Then I thought: "What Pokemon appreciates something that can lay down and absorb Toxic Spikes?" Calm Mind Keldeo. The only event exclusive that I've RNGed. I built the team around that, and got the following:

Toxic Spikes Roserade
    Calm Mind Keldeo with Hidden Power Ghost
    Choice Band Scizor
    Choice Scarf Latios with Psyshock / Draco Meteor / Trick / Surf
    Timid max Speed Air Balloon Heatran

Known problems of this team include Toxicroak, Lucario and above all: Tornadus-T
    But I don't know what I can do about it.
    What could possibly check those 3 Pokemon at once? I was thinking Zapdos, but I'm a bit reluctant to use it without Rapid Spin support.

So my question to you:
    What would be a good last Pokemon?
    And if the team is crappy, which Pokemon should I swap out in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to answer!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpoon View Post
    Well, I'm still working on a team I can make on my White game, the actual cartridge. I've made teams before, on PO/PS, but those always included some event exclusives I couldn't actually obtain, like Celebi and Jirachi. Because having a Grass-type and/or Rotom-W is important with all the rain teams running around, I started with the only viable Grass-type I could obtain: Roserade. Then I thought: "What Pokemon appreciates something that can lay down and absorb Toxic Spikes?" Calm Mind Keldeo. The only event exclusive that I've RNGed. I built the team around that, and got the following:

Toxic Spikes Roserade
    Calm Mind Keldeo with Hidden Power Ghost
    Choice Band Scizor
    Choice Scarf Latios with Psyshock / Draco Meteor / Trick / Surf
    Timid max Speed Air Balloon Heatran

Known problems of this team include Toxicroak, Lucario and above all: Tornadus-T
    But I don't know what I can do about it.
    What could possibly check those 3 Pokemon at once? I was thinking Zapdos, but I'm a bit reluctant to use it without Rapid Spin support.

So my question to you:
    What would be a good last Pokemon?
    And if the team is crappy, which Pokemon should I swap out in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to answer!
    I'm thinking Zapdos would be a nice idea, but I'm also thinking that an offensive Donphan might help. You might even swap out Roserade for a utility Donphan so that you could a) still have hazards (rocks) and b) have spinning support for Zapdos.

Blog Entries

I'm building a single player team in Black 2, and so far it consists of: espeon, serperior, keldeo(resolute forme), zoroark, and lampent.
    Any tips on a sixth member?
    Last edited by Mr. Popo; 18th January 2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Just thought I'd clear that up.
    Pecking order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
    I'm building a single player team in Black 2, and so far it consists of: espeon, serperior, keldeo(resolute forme), zoroark, and lampent.
    Any tips on a sixth member?
    Flygon would be good. Go with Flygon.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the recommendation! How did I not think to use a flygon? It has great stats, gets STAB for ground moves AND learns some pretty darn good ones via level up(best I have on my team right now is dig ), is part dragon(which is awesome), and I'll FINALLY have something that can learn fly (yeah.... Six badges in, and I don't have a flying pokemon yet....I R SMRT )! Good thing I have my Ruby version flygon in my white(1) PC.

* One trade later*

Okay, now my team is finally complete! Thank you, GatoRage!
    Last edited by Mr. Popo; 19th January 2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Pecking order

Oshawott is watching you! Robin Storm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Robin Storm on Facebook

Hi everyone!

My little sister bought pokémon white. I am making her team but I don't know which pokémon I am going to choose.
    These are the pokémon that we already have.

I was thinking about a swamp team.

Any Ideas?

GReetings Robin Storm.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast