Competitive Team - UPDATE

Thread: Competitive Team - UPDATE

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Talking Competitive Team - UPDATE

Ok, so coming in 67th place in the VGC Regionals was dissapointing. But I learned how to EV train! Sooooo.... Can you guys help me with movesets? Or Items? (I haven't decided on any items at all o_o)

Zapdos(Shiny) @ Electric Gem
    Ability: Pressure
    Moveset:
    Thunder Bolt
    Volt Switch
    Heat Wave
    Thunder Wave
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP

He's just to Paralyze opponents. Then to Volt Swich out. Nothing much.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moveset:
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Hidden Power (Electric)
    Taunt
    EVs: 252 Defence/252 Sp. Def/4 HP

Umbreon is used to keep a Pokemon in play, then Baton Pass over to Mismagius who'll use Perish Song. I don't know what move to give Umbreon for the last slot... Chose Taunt.

Mismagius @ ???
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset:
    Perish Song
    Protect
    Shadow Ball
    Power Gem
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 Sp. Def

She's just a Perish Singer. Please give move suggestions as I think Power Gem may not have been a wise choice.

Ludicolo @ Big Root or Damp Rock
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Moveset:
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Giga Drain
    EVs: 170 HP/170 Defense/170 Sp. Def

Ludicolo is a Wall, a Drainer, AND an Annoyer. I find him impressive. :3

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moveset:
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Protect/Double Team
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/ 4 HP

Garchomp's my Physical Sweeper. Fire Fang's there for those pesky Ice-types.

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
    Ability: Flame Body
    Moveset:
    Fiery Dance
    Hurricane
    Bug Buzz
    Quiver Dance
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 Sp. Def

Volcarona is my Special Sweeper. Can someone help me with that last move?

Well, that's my team! Please comment and rate!
    Last edited by Bill Cipher; 6th July 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Default Re: Competitive Team

First off, if you want a wall, a drainer and an annoyer go for ferrothorn. ludicolo works best on rain teams bit can't do mutch anywhere wlse.
    on a related note Zapdos can be a beast with heat wave to help get RID of ferrothorns.
    I've never found garchomp great because they have no defence and fall to my politoad's ice beam. for an effective physical sweep you need defence or type resistance, neither of which garchomp has. I prefer metaross in this case, or gigalith, but gigalith is mainly my bomb.
    give volcorona quiver dance.
    celebi... lolwut? I'm pretty sure that's banned. let me check....... Yup, banned
    find another with perish song, give it focus sash to survive when it's baton passed in then protect to keep it alive.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I assume this isn't a VGC team... Celebi isn't allowed there if it is, not to mention the only tournament left for it this year is Worlds, which you have to qualify for. Fire Fang or Rock Slide is good for Garchomp (I find Rock Slide to be better, actually). It should hold a Yache Berry if you want it to survive at all, and doesn't need to know 2 Dragon Moves (especially not those two). I would suggest swapping Dragon Rush for Dragon Claw and if it's Double Battles Outrage for Protect. This will allow it to KO virtually the same Pokemon, while making it more reliable.
    Volcarona commonly know Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Quiver Dance (That's a good last move), and something else. Best item for it is probably a Charti Berry for the same reasons as Garchomp holding Yache. Sitrus Berry is good for Zapdos, thanks to its already decent bulk. I recommend Leftovers or Chople Berry for Umbreon, and other than that I can't really help because I don't know much about the use of the other Pokemon.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken View Post
    First off, if you want a wall, a drainer and an annoyer go for ferrothorn. ludicolo works best on rain teams bit can't do mutch anywhere wlse.
    on a related note Zapdos can be a beast with heat wave to help get RID of ferrothorns.
    I've never found garchomp great because they have no defence and fall to my politoad's ice beam. for an effective physical sweep you need defence or type resistance, neither of which garchomp has. I prefer metaross in this case, or gigalith, but gigalith is mainly my bomb.
    give volcorona quiver dance.
    celebi... lolwut? I'm pretty sure that's banned. let me check....... Yup, banned
    find another with perish song, give it focus sash to survive when it's baton passed in then protect to keep it alive.
    Crud. Well, Altaria is out of the question(for Perish Song) because I'm not gonna swich out Garchomp. If you properly EV train a Garchomp, they're destructive. Also, Ludicolo is most promising for me. I need the Water-type advantage. Anyway, Ferrothorn is way too common. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    I assume this isn't a VGC team... Celebi isn't allowed there if it is, not to mention the only tournament left for it this year is Worlds, which you have to qualify for. Fire Fang or Rock Slide is good for Garchomp (I find Rock Slide to be better, actually). It should hold a Yache Berry if you want it to survive at all, and doesn't need to know 2 Dragon Moves (especially not those two). I would suggest swapping Dragon Rush for Dragon Claw and if it's Double Battles Outrage for Protect. This will allow it to KO virtually the same Pokemon, while making it more reliable.
    Volcarona commonly know Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Quiver Dance (That's a good last move), and something else. Best item for it is probably a Charti Berry for the same reasons as Garchomp holding Yache. Sitrus Berry is good for Zapdos, thanks to its already decent bulk. I recommend Leftovers or Chople Berry for Umbreon, and other than that I can't really help because I don't know much about the use of the other Pokemon.
    This IS a VGC team for next year. I'll be transfering this team to B2. And, yes, I'm switching out Celebi. On Garchomp, Fire Fang's there for accuracy. He's not gonna have many defenses. But since VGC is now double battles, I'm gonna take your advice and replace Outrage. I might switch out Dragon Rush, but it's still a maybe. Since I'm probably gonna use Heat Wave on Zapdos, Volcarona won't be needing it. I was thinking about Quiver Dance, but it all depends on if Volcarona can survive long enough. Maybe instead of Charti Berry, Focus Sash? Why Sitrus Berry on Zapdos? All he's there for is to paralyze-then-run. That's to help Umbreon out-run the opponent, then use Mean Look, then Baton Pass to a Perish Singer. Leftovers is a good idea for Umbreon, though.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

If you're really looking into competitive play, you should look at Smogon's tiers. Or Pokemon Online's. They're not that different. In either case, this looks like an OU (OverUsed) team, with a rather big problem; Garchomp is considered Uber (as in, banned from OU).
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

@SharKing; What do you mean banned? This is for Random Matchups and VGC.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Oh. In that case, you should be fine, since they don't follow those tiers I mentioned.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Oh. That's a different use from most Zapdos I've seen. You could give it an electric gem or something to do some damage on the switch out. I understand keeping Fire Fang for the extra accuracy. The only reason I would suggest Charti over Focus Sash on Volcarona is if the number of Sandstorm/Hail teams stays up, all they have to do is switch in T-tar/Abomasnow/Hippowdon for an easy KO.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Oh. That's a different use from most Zapdos I've seen. You could give it an electric gem or something to do some damage on the switch out. I understand keeping Fire Fang for the extra accuracy. The only reason I would suggest Charti over Focus Sash on Volcarona is if the number of Sandstorm/Hail teams stays up, all they have to do is switch in T-tar/Abomasnow/Hippowdon for an easy KO.
    Oh! That makes sense. I didn't think about that. :|

I didn't either until I experienced (at least w/ T-tar) it at regionals with my Weavile. I know it'd double Water types, but no weaknesses, to add a Lapras for Perish Song if you still want to use Perish Song.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

I didn't either until I experienced (at least w/ T-tar) it at regionals with my Weavile. I know it'd double Water types, but no weaknesses, to add a Lapras for Perish Song if you still want to use Perish Song.
    Oh, I didn't think about Lapras! I'm gonna look on Bulbapedia later today for Perish Song users.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Competitive Team - UPDATE

BUMP. Ok, just need a little more help.