Competitive team help

Thread: Competitive team help

Default Competitive team help

Hey i am new to the whole competitive thing and i was wondering if any of you experienced guys could help me with my team.

so the problem is: everytime i random matchup i always fight against someone with type advanteges against me.
    So i need help building a team that can beat anyone.

side question: which do you recommend? singel double triple etc.
    i dont have anything interesting to say....

Black Friend code: 4384-8971-3929

Default Re: Competitive team help

Well, we sort of need information on your team and what metagame you play. Also, constructing a team that is unbeatable is quite impossible since every team can be countered. However, I'll give you general advice.

Make your team have multiple types and not stick with a single type. Make sure that the strength of one can cover for another and vise versa. An example would be the defensive-core of Slowbro and Registeel. Registeel has excellent Special Defence and Slowbro has excellent Defence. Their types also go together very well as Slowbro can take the Fighting and Fire hits incoming to Registeel while Registeel can take the Dark, Ghost, Grass, and Bug moves for Slowbro. You know, synergy among Pokemon, it's kind of the foundation of team-building.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    Well, we sort of need information on your team and what metagame you play. Also, constructing a team that is unbeatable is quite impossible since every team can be countered. However, I'll give you general advice.

Make your team have multiple types and not stick with a single type. Make sure that the strength of one can cover for another and vise versa. An example would be the defensive-core of Slowbro and Registeel. Registeel has excellent Special Defence and Slowbro has excellent Defence. Their types also go together very well as Slowbro can take the Fighting and Fire hits incoming to Registeel while Registeel can take the Dark, Ghost, Grass, and Bug moves for Slowbro. You know, synergy among Pokemon, it's kind of the foundation of team-building.
    Okay i will tell which pokemon may come in handy and that i have:
    Dragonnite
    Venasaur
    Sammurot
    Charizard'
    Blissey
    Rotom

And if you can use legendaries:
    Azelf
    Darkrai
    Regigigas
    HeatranLandorus
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Zekrom

If needed i can transfer pokemon
    from other games.
    i dont have anything interesting to say....

Black Friend code: 4384-8971-3929

Blog Entries

Unless you list EVs, Items, Natures, Movesets, etc. you won't get any help here. If you don't know what they are, a quick google search will be very informative.

Locking.