BW2 Tutor Moves - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: BW2 Tutor Moves

Default Re: BW2 Tutor Moves

Yeah buddy. Get your troll on, Gliscor! I like the new Move Tutors so far though. Definitely a lot of potential there that will likely never be tapped... Much like the HG/SS Tutors, there will be several lower-tier Pokes that will probably become much improved now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by po pimpus View Post
    Looks like things are about to get interesting again. To the guys complaining about the redundancy of move tutors, remember that this is for the Unova 'mons that never had access to them
    I think that's just a bad argument to make. Not every previous tutor move is maintained; nobody seems to be upset that String Shot isn't back.

as well as the new players that will be jumping in that won't have access to fourth gen games or tutors for the older Pokemon that are returning to the wild.
    Again I think that's a bad argument. New players won't be missing out on what they never had, and there's been features in Pokémon before that never retained to the next games.

I can still hope for new egg moves and natural learnset edits as Angad said but I do still think the tutor moves are disappointing overall.

So far I think the Poké I'm most interested in is Serperior. If it got Superpower and Aqua Tail then it would really help out with its coverage. Getting Superpower might be a stretch but I don't see why it wouldn't get Aqua Taill.
    Professor Jacel likes this.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I was hoping Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse would return, and I'm glad they have. 'Course, I'm not glad about Stealth Rock. Now Gliscor's gonna be so much more on a nuisance, especially with Roost + Poison Heal. At least Rapid Spin isn't there, but there's every chance Ferroseed (and Ferrothorn by extension) will get it in their learnsets or Egg moves.

Well, guess I can catch/breed my Terminator (Metagross) in my Black now. XD
    Professor Jacel likes this.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    So now it's possible to have a Gliscor with Poison Heal, Stealth Rock, and Roost. There goes the metagame.
    Like Angad said, Ice Punch will end up on a lot of the Pokemon that Gliscor counters, and if it became so central it could easily be countered with Ice types and Ice Beam/HP Ice. Besides, Gliscor already has trouble with "moveslot syndrome" so not every PH set will have Roost and Stealth Rock - especially the former.

@Gym Leader Candice ; I was hoping for String Shot to return xD

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Yes Ice Punch Conkledurr :P I am glad to see some of these moves up here as well as Move Tutor in the game. I personally do not care what people do with Stealth Rocks. Hopefully more pokemon can learn Rapid Spin though so it is easier to counter!

Also Happy to know that my Moxie Honchcrow can Learn SuperPower!!!!

At least now you will not have to worry about getting Bagon From the DW and it ending up with the Outrage since you can tutor it.
    Also Moxie Gyarodos can learn Bounce threw the Tutor now so you will not have to get it from the DW either.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I look at these and think, what if Gliscor won't be able to learn Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    I look at these and think, what if Gliscor won't be able to learn Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal?
    It can though lol Poison Heal is its Hidden Ability and I believe you could tutor the Roost on it from 4th Gen and Stealth Rock was a TM it could learn in that Generation.

Now it can learn all of it in one Generation lol I do not think it will change suddenly.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    It can though lol Poison Heal is its Hidden Ability and I believe you could tutor the Roost on it from 4th Gen and Stealth Rock was a TM it could learn in that Generation.

Now it can learn all of it in one Generation lol I do not think it will change suddenly.

Mabey, but mabey not. It happened to other Pokemon, right?

Anyway, I love the selection of tutor moves. Don't you guys? 'Cause all I've been seein' was complaining about the metagame.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post

Mabey, but mabey not. It happened to other Pokemon, right?

Anyway, I love the selection of tutor moves. Don't you guys? 'Cause all I've been seein' was complaining about the metagame.
    This thread is about the metagame, and I can't think of any precedent.

Much love to Zurr

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Moxie Honchkrow is going to be a real menace in UU now that Steels can no longer wall it. Same goes for Escavalier to a lesser extent, assuming it gets Drill Run. Too bad Sucker Punch isn't on the list though, Moxie Krookodile could have given Crowleone some serious competition otherwise.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

One thing I forgot to post earlier; I see Trick in that list. I hope Chandelure gets it. XD
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Stealth Rock as a Tutor Move is what I've feared. Now all the Fire types, Ice types, Flying types, and Bug types will never expand their presence in OU, and the Water types, Fighting types, Ground types, and Steel types will conitnue to dominate the metagame. Why, Game Freak? Just why?
    Bandit Keith likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Stealth Rock as a Tutor Move is what I've feared. Now all the Fire types, Ice types, Flying types, and Bug types will never expand their presence in OU, and the Water types, Fighting types, Ground types, and Steel types will conitnue to dominate the metagame. Why, Game Freak? Just why?
    It only brings more pokemon into viability, it's not like it wasn't already on every team. Well, every team that wants the advantage.

Much love to Zurr

追放されたバカ

No returning Water Pulse, either...Ice Types need it, and so does Lucario(IMO)!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VictreebelGrande View Post
    No returning Water Pulse, either...Ice Types need it, and so does Lucario(IMO)!
    To be fair, Water Pulse isn't that great of a move considering its base 60 power.

It only brings more pokemon into viability, it's not like it wasn't already on every team. Well, every team that wants the advantage.
    Trust me on this one, it'll only benefit Pokemon that aren't any of the types who are weak to that move, just like last gen's metagame.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast