BW2 Tutor Moves

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: BW2 Tutor Moves

Blog Entries

Default BW2 Tutor Moves

This thread is for discussing the tutors in the games that came out today and their effect on the metagame, who will likely get what, and potential usage changes.

The moves are as follows:
    -Covet
    -Bug Bite
    -Drill Run
    -Bounce
    -Signal Beam
    -Iron Head
    -Super Fang
    -Uproar
    -Seed Bomb
    -Dual Chop
    -Low Kick
    -Gunk Shot
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder Punch

-Last Resort
    -Iron Defense
    -Magnet Rise
    -Magic Coat
    -Block
    -Hyper Voice
    -Electroweb
    -Icy Wind
    -Iron Tail
    -Aqua Tail
    -Earth Power
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Foul Play
    -Superpower
    -Gravity
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse

-Bind
    -Snore
    -Heal Bell
    -Knock Off
    -Roost
    -Sky Attack
    -Role Play
    -Heat Wave
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch
    -Pain Split
    -Tailwind

-Worry Seed
    -Gastro Acid
    -Helping Hand
    -After You
    -Magic Room
    -Wonder Room
    -Spite
    -Recycle
    -Trick
    -Stealth Rock
    -Outrage
    -Endeavor
    -Sleep Talk
    -Skill Swap
    -Snatch

Ice Punch Conkeldurr, Mienshao, and other fight types seems like it could reduce Gliscor usage, but this also means Gliscor can run Roost, Stealth Rock, and Poison Heal on the same set.

This is list of what pokemon got what move.
    Last edited by Angad; 23rd June 2012 at 10:22 AM.

Much love to Zurr

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW2 Tutor Moves

Not a fan of Gliscor's superb buff, but I am glad that Unova's Pokemon gets the Move Tutor treatment! Braviary now gets to use Roost with Bulk Up, which is awesome, although Superpower would negate Bulk Up's boosts, but at least it's better than nothing. Golurk and Cofagrigus could possibly get Stealth Rock, and that's great news for my mono-Ghost team. Interesting that both Wonder Room and Magic Room are tutors, which I thought so because if they were to be a playstyle, they need to have more users!

Anyway, I remembered making a Move Tutor prediction, but I never posted the contents. The ones I guessed right were:

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

I'm so glad to see elemental punches, Heal Bell, Stealth Rock and most of the previous move tutor moves returning. We got a lot of move tutor moves and I can't wait to see who gets what.

It seems that defensive Pokemon gained a lot from this with Heal Bell, Roost, Knock Off among others.

Blog Entries

Hydreigon can now run Earth Power, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse on the same set.

Cofagrigus now has a form of recovery with that Pain Split, along with Golurk.

EDIT; Also DD + Moxie + Outrage Mence, Heat Wave LR Zapdos and Moxie Honchkrow (Who also has Superpower)
    Last edited by Angad; 21st June 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Much love to Zurr

追放されたバカ

NO...NO...NO!!!!

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!

Now more people will continue to spam it...It's mot fair, GF, It broke the metagame, and now you bring that accursed move back?????

I am never, ever going on Wi-Fi on B2W2, for this exact reason.

They could have made Rapid Spin a Move Tutor Move to compensate, but no, my fears were justified.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!

I need a drink of Cheerwine soda now...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VictreebelGrande View Post
    NO...NO...NO!!!!

Now more people will continue to spam it...It's mot fair, GF, It broke the metagame, and now you bring that accursed move back?????

I am never, ever going on Wi-Fi on B2W2, for this exact reason.

They could have made Rapid Spin a Move Tutor Move to compensate, but no, my fears were justified.

I need a drink of Cheerwine soda now...
    It's fine, it's not like it ever really went away. This really won't change much,

Much love to Zurr

追放されたバカ

It makes the move more conveniently available.

That's what scares me.

Blog Entries

A lot of these seem to be what we've got before so I'm not particularly excited on the originiality front. Drill Run is nice though. I do hope it gets given to some Poké who can't use Earthquake as Ground is a great attacking type.

Also glad to see Hyper Voice on there.

I am however very disappointed that Icicle Crash isn't on there. I think Weavile would have appreciated it greatly to hit harder with one of its great STABs.
    Last edited by Iteru; 21st June 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised if Beartic gained a lot from this. Also this means Leech Seed, Spikes and SR is available on Ferrothorn now.

Blog Entries

Anyone know what Serperior gets from this? I hope he gets Superpower, Earth-Power and a good physical move (wonder if he'll get Iron-Tail since he has it as an egg-move?) he should definitely get Dragon-Pulse I think
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

I think best thing about Drill Run is that now Pokémon in animé can run a decent Ground-type move as Earthquake was banned a long time ago, and we haven't seen Earth Power for a while and due to recent we probably never will. That and I would like to run a Drill Run/Hone Claws/Dragon Rush/Stone Edge Eviolite Gabite in NU.

But overall I like the large array of move tutor moves. Especially Gravity/Roost/Super Fang/Drain Punch/Giga Drain and Pulses, as those will allow me to run more gimmicky sets. Heal Pulse/Gravity/Trick Room suicide Double Battle partner Chimecho here we go. Dual Chop is also interesting, I wonder if it will be given to some Pokémon who don't have Dragon-type moves, like Outrage was.
    Bubble Frog and Carbon-14 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Candice View Post
    A lot of these seem to be what we've got before so I'm not particularly excited on the originiality front. Drill Run is nice though. I do hope it gets given to some Poké who can't use Earthquake as Ground is a great attacking type.

Also glad to see Hyper Voice on there.

I am however very disappointed that Icicle Crash isn't on there. I think Weavile would have appreciated it greatly to hit harder with one of its great STABs.
    It still could happen, it could have been added to level up or breeding pools

Much love to Zurr

Looks like things are about to get interesting again. To the guys complaining about the redundancy of move tutors, remember that this is for the Unova 'mons that never had access to them, as well as the new players that will be jumping in that won't have access to fourth gen games or tutors for the older Pokemon that are returning to the wild.

Also, slightly off-topic, but Skill Link Minccino is finally available! Hell yes!

Blog Entries

So now it's possible to have a Gliscor with Poison Heal, Stealth Rock, and Roost. There goes the metagame.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I'm looking forward to finding out what Pokemon can learn Foul Play, it could be devastating in the hands of defensive walls with poor attacking stats. Hurray for the return of Outrage, now a Moxie Salamence with the move is legal. It might not necessarily be the best strategy, but it's sure going to be as fun as hell to use.

Who is this git?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast