Thread: BW OU dragon 3:3 mono

Blog Entries

Default BW OU dragon 3:3 mono

lets cut right to the point

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    The point of Magnezone is simply magnet pull. For those of you who don't know, it traps steel types, rendering them unable to switch out. then, they are nailed with an HP fire for SE damage. this easily eliminates some of the most common threats out there, such as ferrothorn and scizor. you may say that scizor will U-turn out, but that doesn't hit for much damage. air ballon takes away a 4x weakness to ground, until it's popped. the EVs maximize special attack, and provide some speed and bulk to compliment it.
    - Substitute
    substitute just adds to the bulk and overall effectiveness of magnezone. It's easy to set up on steel types that most likely won't do much on that first turn, unless they have a fire attack. If that's the case, then substitute is an excellent scouting attack

- Thunderbolt
    T-bolt is a powerful STAB attack. when it comes down to it, it usually can take care of politoed quite easily. yes, rain'll be set up, but it'll be one pokemon down. also hitting the powerful gyarados for SE damage.

- Hidden Power [Fire]
    HP fire is a necessity. it hits steel for SE damage. And they usually have nothing to do about it. (except scizor with U-turn, but I explained that earlier). it also hits the not as common grass types. a bonus is that it hits ice for SE damage, which is useful on a dragon team.

- Flash Cannon
    another powerful STAB attack that magnezone carries, it rounds out the set, though i was never sure as to what steel was SE against besides rock.

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    mamoswine's job is to revenge kill d-nite, haxorus, hydregion, latias, latios, and any other dragon you might through at me. it can also take care of flying types cleanly. it's job is to hit as hard and as fast as possible. all in all, i don't have much to say on this set.

- Ice Shard
    ice shard is a priority ice type attack, perfect for revenge killing opposing dragons. of course, if one of my dragons is already set up, it's not a problem. but assuming the opposing dragon is already damaged, it's done for.

- Icicle Crash
    a powerful attack, it is better for situations where less speed and more power is necessary.

- Earthquake
    earthquake... it hit fire and ground types, and again, those pesky steels.

-stealth rock
    stealth rock provides the residual damage my team was formerly missing. it destroys sturdy and multi scale. and overall causes more damage.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    this set is my holy grail. i love scarftran. the best thing is, nobody really expects to see it anymore. outspeeding a bunch of things, most notably life orb terrakion and life orb latios. these are both pokemon who carry attack SE against heat ran. they expect to destroy it, and then find a dead pokemon at their feet because it was outsped. flash fire takes the fire type hits that mamoswine and magnezone can't take. EVs and nature maximize speed and power.

- Overheat
    that attack where you just need one shot to take care of your opponent. you just have to predict this one well.

- Flamethrower
    although less powerful then overheat, it doesn't zap your special attack, so there is no need to switch even time you use it.

- Earth Power
    hits other heatran for SE damage. also hurts tyranitar, terrakion, and steel types if you're stuck using it.

- Hidden Power [Ice]
    rounds out a nice set with good coverage, giving coverage over ice and dragon.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    this extremely standard set here just screams standard.

- Dragon Dance
    raises attack and speed. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the attacks.

- Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed
    Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    mold breaker allows haxorus to hit the elusive rotom-w with a nice SE earthquake. also hits other levitate pokemon.

- Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    shatters the dreams of double screen teams

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    im not even going to bother with this one

- Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

corrections will be in bold purple, like this.
    Last edited by ~Aeon; 5th February 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW OU dragon 3:3 mono

This seems like it's a pretty solid team. I'd suggest that you consider replacing Stone Edge with Stealth Rock on Mamoswine because you need a way to score residual damage on your opponents and break certain abilities of opposing Pokemon such as Sturdy and Multiscale. You can also try out Taunt > Brick Break on Haxorus if Shed Shell Skarmory is a problem for you.

hf

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW OU dragon 3:3 mono

i think i'll take the stealth rock on mamo, thanks heathcliff.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.