Bug-mono Team

Thread: Bug-mono Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bug-mono Team

I love Bug-Type Pokémon and especially in competitive battling it's very satisfying to defeat strong Pokémon with this underestimated type. I made a Bug-Type back in Generation IV, but Generation V gave the Bug-Type the love it needed. With Pokémon like Volcarona and Crustle, my team won about 6 out of 10 battles.

This is my team.

Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
    Hardy Nature
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

Since Pokémon Online lets you choose your first Pokémon I have two lead Pokémon in this team. One for the entry hazards and one for supporting other Pokémon with Baton Pass. However, I most frequently use Crustle. Crustle is not a common sight in OU and that's understandable, because of his common weaknesses (Water, Steel, Rock) and slowliness. Nevertheless, Crustle has the ability Sturdy which guarantees the use of at least one move. I usually start with either Stealth Rock or Toxic, depending on which Pokémon I oppose. Spikes is for when Crustle survives the first two hits and Stone Edge is for dealing the first damage to Pokémon like Dragonite.

Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass

The usual yet often effective Bug-type supporter. With Crustle taking care of the opponent's lead, Ninjask isn't forced to take care of Extremespeed-Dragonite, Taunt-Crobat and co. The few cases where Ninjask takes the lead are teams with Stealth Rock support, and against Dark-or Psychic types with bad Defense stats like Weavile (might want to watch out for Sucker Punch though) or Alakazam, to take them out in one hit and get a Speed Boost for bonus. The recipe stays the same as in Gen-IV: Substitute, Swords Dance if the Substitute stays and Baton Pass before the opponent knocks you out.

Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hardy Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Night Slash
    - Megahorn

Everybody loves Heracross and for a good reason. It's one of the most awesome Pokémon Generation II brought along and that's saying a lot. Heracross is usually my goto Pokémon if Ninjask managed to steal some Swords Dance. With boosted speed, doubled attack, Stab and Guts bonus, Heracross becomes a sweep machine. Night Slash comes in handy for ghosts like Gengar and Jellicent.

Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 180px-558crustle.png  

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bug-mono Team

@bigtukker

This team looks rather incomplete; Volcarona doesn't even have a description. I'll give you a day to complete this post, since it's clearly the case of an accidental click of "Submit" when "Preview" was likely intended.

Also, neutral Natures, such as Hardy, are never the way to go. For Crustle, I'd recommend Impish or Careful, and for Heracross, I'd try Adamant or Jolly.

And one last thing? We need to know what items they're carrying.
    Last edited by SharKing; 13th April 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Mention. They're back!
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bug-mono Team

Sorry I wanted to deleted the thing, but it didn't work, sorry.