- The tournament will consist of a group stage and a knock-out stage. That way everybody plays more games.
- The groups will contain either 5 players
- Players will have two weeks to play everybody in their group. If they do not play, a time will be arranged for them and the winner will be the one who shows up.
- Group stage matches will be best of two, with a player gaining 3 points for a 2-0 win, 1 point for a 1-1 draw and 0 points for a 0-2 loss.
- If players are even on points at the end of the group stages, they must play in a best of 3 to decide positions.
- The top two players from each group will progress to the semi finals with the winner in one group playing second in the next. All other players will be eliminated.
- All matches afterwards will be best of three, with the loser being eliminated.
- Players may change their team between sets. It is encouraged that you do this to prevent your opponent from countering your team.
- Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
- All Pokemon that Smogon list as UBER are banned in addition to Drizzle and Swift Swmin. Go to Smogon and see their 'Ban List' for further details.
- Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.
- Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
- OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set
- Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
Matches may be conducted on any server as long as both participants agree, but both players should PM "Takaki" on the Bulbagarden Forums with the result of the battle to avoid confusion. All games must be played on Pokemon Online.