Beware the Air!: Sky Battle Tournament

Thread: Beware the Air!: Sky Battle Tournament

Blog Entries

Default Beware the Air!: Sky Battle Tournament

We've already teased it in a previous thread, so here it is. This Tournament is based on the new type of battles in the approaching Pokemon X and Y. Without further adieu, this is the format.

Concept

Clauses and Tiering

Tournament Format

Sign-up Format:

Last edited by Angad; 7th August 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Beware the Air!: Sky Battle Tournament

This sounds pretty fun. I'm in.

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Only Pokemon with the flying type, along with Pokemon with the ability of Levitate are allowed in this tournament. Some creative liberties might be taken just for the sake of fun. For fun's sake, we are also allowing Heracross, Beedrill, and Magnezone (although it must have magnet rise as one of its moves.)
    Would you consider also pokémon able to learn Fly that aren't Flying-type nor levitate? Either as is or with the same restriction Magnezone has?
    These pokémon are, excluding legendaries*... Pikachu, Raichu, Golurk and Volcarona. Golurk shouldn't be much of a problem specially since one of its STABs is Ground, and Volcarona is 4x weak to Rock and weak to Flying, which will be naturally very common.
    I don't know how Pikachu and Raichu would fare, but beyond their fantastic typing in here I wouldn't expect much.

(*Legendaries would be Mew, Giratina A, Arceus (not Flying), Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, BKyurem, WKyurem and Genesect. All obviously banned.)

Not like in practice there'd be much of a reason to use them, but given people are wondering about such cases already in the XY speculation (unless I missed it and it was confirmed already), it seems appropiate to clarify such a clause here.

[/overexposition]

追放されたバカ

waa no not the air im scared guys help also im in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Only Pokemon with the flying type, along with Pokemon with the ability of Levitate are allowed in this tournament. Some creative liberties might be taken just for the sake of fun. For fun's sake, we are also allowing Heracross, Beedrill, and Magnezone (although it must have magnet rise as one of its moves.)
    Would you consider also pokémon able to learn Fly that aren't Flying-type nor levitate? Either as is or with the same restriction Magnezone has?
    These pokémon are, excluding legendaries*... Pikachu, Raichu, Golurk and Volcarona. Golurk shouldn't be much of a problem specially since one of its STABs is Ground, and Volcarona is 4x weak to Rock and weak to Flying, which will be naturally very common.
    I don't know how Pikachu and Raichu would fare, but beyond their fantastic typing in here I wouldn't expect much.
    Golurk and the chus should be fine, but a no on volcarona because not having SR would make it too good.

Much love to Zurr

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

Sounds fun. I'm in.
    3DS FC: 1590-4826-6540