BBL YT: Pokémon Showcasing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: BBL YT: Pokémon Showcasing

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default BBL YT: Pokémon Showcasing

Hi all! As a couple of you may know, the BBL has a brand new baby YouTube channel. One of the segments we'll be doing is Pokémon Showdown Live, hosted by yours truly. Unlike most PS! series, though, our primary goal is not for me to ladder to the top. I will be trying that, but our primary purpose is going to be showcasing lesser used Pokémon and their niches in the OU metagame. We plan on taking suggestions from subscribers in comments eventually, but we don't have any of those yet. So, we're turning to you, the BBC: what are your favorite Pokémon that are generally considered less than stellar competitively? I'll give any FE Pokémon (or maybe even a NFE if I can think of something cool to do that it's evolution can't) a go, even the Beedrill I posted for Master Mew if y'all really want :P

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BBL YT: Pokémon Showcasing

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Hi all! As a couple of you may know, the BBL has a brand new baby YouTube channel. One of the segments we'll be doing is Pokémon Showdown Live, hosted by yours truly. Unlike most PS! series, though, our primary goal is not for me to ladder to the top. I will be trying that, but our primary purpose is going to be showcasing lesser used Pokémon and their niches in the OU metagame. We plan on taking suggestions from subscribers in comments eventually, but we don't have any of those yet. So, we're turning to you, the BBC: what are your favorite Pokémon that are generally considered less than stellar competitively? I'll give any FE Pokémon (or maybe even a NFE if I can think of something cool to do that it's evolution can't) a go, even the Beedrill I posted for Master Mew if y'all really want :P
    One: I have subscribed, I'm boby bob on youtube. (Note unless this is a new Channel)
    Two: Dunsparce that's what I want you to use, being my favorite pokemon. People think it is bad due to low stats, but Dunsparce kills M Charzard Ys very easy(sadly,only thing it kills in bulk), plus seren grace is awesome!
    Last edited by superbobbobbob3; 19th March 2014 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries

What about Raichu? Its known for a great amount of speed, attack, and sp. attack. However, its defense it very poor and can get KO very easy. I find it effective against most flying types because of the speed.
    superbobbobbob3 likes this.
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!

X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

*Image not create by me.

Blog Entries

even the Beedrill I posted for Master Mew if y'all really want :P
    How about an epic Beedrill Fell Stinger sweep.

In all seriousness, Beedrill would be pretty sweet - and the Dunsparce suggestion is intriguing, too (though I fear he has even less going for him than Beedrill - I guess he gets Coil, though?)

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    even the Beedrill I posted for Master Mew if y'all really want :P
    How about an epic Beedrill Fell Stinger sweep.

In all seriousness, Beedrill would be pretty sweet - and the Dunsparce suggestion is intriguing, too (though I fear he has even less going for him than Beedrill - I guess he gets Coil, though?)
    I agree with him doing the Beedrill as well, I'll repost it here, because it's Kool
    Beedrill @ Focus Sash
    Swarm
    Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    ~Tailwind (probably better to have a Talonflame set up TW and U Turn to it)
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Endeavor
    ~Drill Run/Poison Jab
    Last edited by superbobbobbob3; 19th March 2014 at 01:07 PM.

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

I have a few suggestions: Seismitoad (or however you spell it's name), Tornadus-T, Zebstrika, Flygon... The list goes on but those are the main ones I'd like to see.
    Bulbagarden Battle leauge Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!) and temporary Bug Gym leader.

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze and Stance change.

Mega Stones and Crackers TheRealJDawgz's Avatar

Subbing Hawlucha, no one knows of its power
    3DS FC: 1590-4826-6540

Blog Entries

If twitch plays pokemon taught us anything its that personal community picked and loved pokemon are great to watch into battle. Love the idea of a quality player showing how a well played 'bunch of misfit' mons can kick ass.

Look forward to seeing what gets picked (plus named gotta have names :p ) and how you'd make em work.
    superbobbobbob3 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGardevoir View Post
    I have a few suggestions: Seismitoad (or however you spell it's name), Tornadus-T, Zebstrika, Flygon... The list goes on but those are the main ones I'd like to see.
    RNG chose BAG so I'll get to work putting as many of those into a team as possible... looking at it Rain seems like a good option.

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Omastar :3
    Cloud Strife718 likes this.

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

Blog Entries

Got the first episode done, used 4 of the suggested Pokémon. If you want a preview before it comes out, here's the team I used:

Croak & Dagger (Seismitoad) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake

Seismitoad is known for its bulk, but its Atk got buffed this generation. So while you might be tempted to go for a bulky mixed attacker like last gen, a pure physical set is the best option considering that it has recovery, strong and accurate STAB, and another new toy to play with due to buffs - Knock Off. The buffs have been pretty kind to our froggy pal this gen, and he is a great bulky utility mon. On most teams, you'll want Water Absorb, but I used Swift Swim since my team is Rain-based.

For a Green Guy (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast
    - Hurricane
    - Knock Off

Tornadus-T was good last gen and he still is, so I was pretty happy to get him as a request as I wouldn't have to go too far out of my way to fit him into a team. Regenerator makes him a great pivot with U-Turn and he has good coverage in just Hurricane + Fcus Blast, so the last slot can be given to Knock Off for added utility. Other viable options include Taunt and Heat Wave, but Heat Wave wouldn't be good on a Rain team and Taunt wouldn't be good on a Choiced Pokémon so I didn't use them. I ran Scarf over Specs in order to deal with users of Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf as my team has very little priority and is mostly bulky and slow as a whole, so I had to be able to deal with things that boosted their Speed. In general, Life Orb or Choice Specs is better.

Gen V (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Delicious nutritious Smogon standard. No need for explanation here, I should think. I put Politoed on the team because even a cursory glance at BadAssGardevoir's post screams "Rain!!!", as 100% accurate Hurricanes and Thunders and a double-speed Seismitoad sound great to me.

NU Crap (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
    Mild Nature
    - Thunder
    - Wild Charge
    - Quick Attack
    - Pursuit

My team has a huge Grass weakness, and Zebstrika is all over that. Most people expect Lightningrod or Motor Drive, allowing the Sap Sipper switches to take them by surprise. Because Sap Sipper boosts my Atk already, most investment went into Sp Atk. Thunder is the main STAB, abusing Rain, while Wild Charge takes over as the main STAB if either Rain is down or if I managed to snag a Sap Sipper boost. Quick Attack for priority and Pursuit for hitting things on the switch out - both are also boosted by Sap Sipper. In addition to being a wallbreaker, Zebstrika is also a good status absorber, as it is immune to Paralysis, Spore, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed. You would normally run Overheat over Thunder on this set in order to hit the Grass-types you're designed to take advantage of and because the Sp Atk drop is mitigated by the rest of your movepool being Physical, but because this is a Rain team, Overheat would be debuffed and Thunder is a more useful move for breaking down Special walls. Luckily, Wild Charge is sufficient for breaking through Breloom due to its low Def and it also hits MCharY SE, as it often wants to hit my poor Politoed with Solar Beam as it MEvolves and wipes away the Rain.

Safety Scizors (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn

Scizor is a staple Defogger on Rain teams because a) its 4x Fire weakness is mitigated by Rain and b) unlike most Defoggers, which are Flying type, it does not share an Electric weakness with the Water types found on Rain teams. Mine is a physically bulky utility set with Defog to remove hazards, Roost for longevity, U-Turn for momentum, and Bullet Punch for priority.

Lord Helix (Omastar) (F) @ White Herb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam

This is my only actual sweeper on this team, forming a wall breaker/sweeper/revenge killer core with Zebstrika (wall breaker) and Tornadus (revenge killer). Shell Smash boosts my mediocre Speed so I can go first even when Rain ends and I lose Swift Swim, and the other moves are just strong Special Attacks with good coverage.

If you have any questions about this team feel free to ask, and look forward to seeing it in action when the vid goes live! Also, feel free to continue making suggestions, as I can't build a new team around just Beedrill/Dunsparce/Hawlucha/Flygon/Raichu without it turning into a piece of crap - I need to see some synergy between suggestions like I did here. Keep posting suggestions, and once there're enough, I'll use RNG to decide whose suggestion I'll use and than add in suggestions from other people that synergize well with it and then a few of my own picks to support them. So yeah, keep the suggestions coming! :)

E: Also, didn't realize until looking at this post that NU Crap is a gender-bender xD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Got the first episode done, used 4 of the suggested Pokémon. If you want a preview before it comes out, here's the team I used:

Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake

Seismitoad is known for its bulk, but its Atk got buffed this generation. So while you might be tempted to go for a bulky mixed attacker like last gen, a pure physical set is the best option considering that it has recovery, strong and accurate STAB, and another new toy to play with due to buffs - Knock Off. The buffs have been pretty kind to our froggy pal this gen, and he is a great bulky utility mon. On most teams, you'll want Water Absorb, but I used Swift Swim since my team is Rain-based.

Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast
    - Hurricane
    - Knock Off

Tornadus-T was good last gen and he still is, so I was pretty happy to get him as a request as I wouldn't have to go too far out of my way to fit him into a team. Regenerator makes him a great pivot with U-Turn and he has good coverage in just Hurricane + Fcus Blast, so the last slot can be given to Knock Off for added utility. Other viable options include Taunt and Heat Wave, but Heat Wave wouldn't be good on a Rain team and Taunt wouldn't be good on a Choiced Pokémon so I didn't use them. I ran Scarf over Specs in order to deal with users of Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf as my team has very little priority and is mostly bulky and slow as a whole, so I had to be able to deal with things that boosted their Speed. In general, Life Orb or Choice Specs is better.

Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Delicious nutritious Smogon standard. No need for explanation here, I should think. I put Politoed on the team because even a cursory glance at BadAssGardevoir's post screams "Rain!!!", as 100% accurate Hurricanes and Thunders and a double-speed Seismitoad sound great to me.

Mild Nature
    - Thunder
    - Wild Charge
    - Quick Attack
    - Pursuit

My team has a huge Grass weakness, and Zebstrika is all over that. Most people expect Lightningrod or Motor Drive, allowing the Sap Sipper switches to take them by surprise. Because Sap Sipper boosts my Atk already, most investment went into Sp Atk. Thunder is the main STAB, abusing Rain, while Wild Charge takes over as the main STAB if either Rain is down or if I managed to snag a Sap Sipper boost. Quick Attack for priority and Pursuit for hitting things on the switch out - both are also boosted by Sap Sipper. In addition to being a wallbreaker, Zebstrika is also a good status absorber, as it is immune to Paralysis, Spore, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed. You would normally run Overheat over Thunder on this set in order to hit the Grass-types you're designed to take advantage of and because the Sp Atk drop is mitigated by the rest of your movepool being Physical, but because this is a Rain team, Overheat would be debuffed and Thunder is a more useful move for breaking down Special walls. Luckily, Wild Charge is sufficient for breaking through Breloom due to its low Def and it also hits MCharY SE, as it often wants to hit my poor Politoed with Solar Beam as it MEvolves and wipes away the Rain.

Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn

Scizor is a staple Defogger on Rain teams because a) its 4x Fire weakness is mitigated by Rain and b) unlike most Defoggers, which are Flying type, it does not share an Electric weakness with the Water types found on Rain teams. Mine is a physically bulky utility set with Defog to remove hazards, Roost for longevity, U-Turn for momentum, and Bullet Punch for priority.

Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam

This is my only actual sweeper on this team, forming a wall breaker/sweeper/revenge killer core with Zebstrika (wall breaker) and Tornadus (revenge killer). Shell Smash boosts my mediocre Speed so I can go first even when Rain ends and I lose Swift Swim, and the other moves are just strong Special Attacks with good coverage.

If you have any questions about this team feel free to ask, and look forward to seeing it in action when the vid goes live! Also, feel free to continue making suggestions, as I can't build a new team around just Beedrill/Dunsparce/Hawlucha/Flygon/Raichu without it turning into a piece of crap - I need to see some synergy between suggestions like I did here. Keep posting suggestions, and once there're enough, I'll use RNG to decide whose suggestion I'll use and than add in suggestions from other people that synergize well with it and then a few of my own picks to support them. So yeah, keep the suggestions coming! :)

E: Also, didn't realize until looking at this post that NU Crap is a gender-bender xD
    Can you post the link of the video?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superbobbobbob3 View Post

Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake

Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast
    - Hurricane
    - Knock Off

Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Mild Nature
    - Thunder
    - Wild Charge
    - Quick Attack
    - Pursuit

Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn

Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam

Can you post the link of the video?
    The video has not been posted yet but it's going up today. Maybe BAK will drop a link in this thread. :)

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

I will when it's uploaded. :)

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

Mafia Hero Farfetchd the Vigilante's Avatar

Can you use a farfetche'd! It can learn some good moves, and I'd love to see a pro use a small duck to wreck.

Totally subscribing.
    ♪Burn the land and boil the sea,♪
    ♪You can't take the sky from me♪

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast