Battle Subway team help

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Battle Subway team help

  1. #1
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Battle Subway team help

    so i'm trying to build a team or 2 or 3 or 4 for the battle subway.
    i need help with moves and EV training decisions. (and deciding between Togepi and Pidove) i've also been looking around Bulbapedia for other Egg moves so i'll probs have a list of substitutes. i have so far: (nothing is trained yet as they are all recently hatched)


    Larversta
    girl
    naive
    Flame body
    6/6/28/19/14/12
    eventual moves are Heat Wave/Firey Dance/morning sun/???
    planing to EV train in sp att and speed


    Deino
    boy
    Quiet
    Hustle
    13/17/29/28/22/31
    eventual moves are Hyper Beam/Dragon Rage/Dark Pulse/Crunch
    planing to EV train in sp att and HP


    OR
    Pidove / Togepi
    boy / boy
    Timid / Naive
    Super Luck / Serene Grace
    10/30/14/21/5/5 / 27/07/02/12/15/27
    eventual moves are Fly/Steel Wing/Sky Attack/Substitute / eventual moves are Future Sight/Psychic/Aura Sphere/???
    EV traning in Att and Speed / EV traning in Sp att and HP/Speed



    Piplup
    boy
    Sassy
    Torrent
    26/8/6/21/11/12
    eventual moves are Icy Wind/Brine/??/??
    EV traning in Speed and ???


    Gastly
    boy
    Hasty
    Levitate
    31/00/24/01/22/07
    eventual moves are Ice Punch/Thinder Punch/Psychic/???
    EV traning in Att and HP


    Snover
    boy
    Timid
    Snow Warning
    12/24/18/10/24/24
    eventual moves are Magical Leaf/Sheer Cold/???/???
    EV traning in sp Def and HP




    Another i just hatched that i'm considering


    Fluffball
    boy
    Quiet
    Technician
    11/13/13/16/22/14
    Aqua Tail/???/???/???
    EV traning in Att and Speed




    extra pokemon:
    Last edited by Dark Victini; 30th June 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  2. #2
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Victini View Post
    so i'm trying to build a team or 2 or 3 or 4 for the battle subway.
    i need help with moves and EV training decisions. (and deciding between Togepi and Pidove) i've also been looking around Bulbapedia for other Egg moves so i'll probs have a list of substitutes. i have so far: (nothing is trained yet as they are all recently hatched)


    Larversta
    girl
    naive
    Flame body
    6/6/28/19/14/12
    eventual moves are Heat Wave/Firey Dance/morning sun/???
    planing to EV train in sp att and speed


    Deino
    boy
    Quiet
    Hustle
    13/17/29/28/22/31
    eventual moves are Hyper Beam/Dragon Rage/Dark Pulse/Crunch
    planing to EV train in sp att and HP


    OR
    Pidove / Togepi
    boy / boy
    Timid / Naive
    Super Luck / Serene Grace
    10/30/14/21/5/5 / 27/07/02/12/15/27
    eventual moves are Fly/Steel Wing/Sky Attack/Substitute / eventual moves are Future Sight/Psychic/Aura Sphere/???
    EV traning in Att and Speed / EV traning in Sp att and HP/Speed



    Piplup
    boy
    Sassy
    Torrent
    26/8/6/21/11/12
    eventual moves are Icy Wind/Brine/??/??
    EV traning in Speed and ???


    Gastly
    boy
    Hasty
    Levitate
    31/00/24/01/22/07
    eventual moves are Ice Punch/Thinder Punch/Psychic/???
    EV traning in Att and HP


    Snover
    boy
    Timid
    Snow Warning
    12/24/18/10/24/24
    eventual moves are Magical Leaf/Sheer Cold/???/???
    EV traning in sp Def and HP


    Good moveset for volcarona is quiver dance/fiery dance/ morning sun and bug buzz.
    Deino: I don't think hyper beam is too good for deino. Go with draco meteor/ dragon pulse/ flamethrower / dark pulse. Draco metoer is good for crunch(lolpun) situations, where you are against your rival's last mon or you need the extra power. Its more useful in every situation than hyper beam.
    Togepi: If you go for togekiss, go for air slash/ thunder wave /fillers
    Empoleon: I haven't used empoleon much but try a 4 attack set of ice beam, scald or surf, grass knot and something like flash cannon.
    Gastly: Don't waste time after gengar's pathetic attack. Invest in speed and spatk and go for a moveset of shadow ball, focus blast, thunder bolt and filler like painsplit or substitute.
    Snover: Blizzard and giga drain are must. Last moves can be sheer cold and something like earthquake or protect or something like that. Invest in spatk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    The above advice is good. Also don't even consider Pidove. Togekiss all the way.
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

  4. #4
    Gym Leader Elite Fire Eladamril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    20
    Add Eladamril on Facebook
    Follow Eladamril on Tumblr

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Good moveset for volcarona is quiver dance/fiery dance/ morning sun and bug buzz.
    Deino: I don't think hyper beam is too good for deino. Go with draco meteor/ dragon pulse/ flamethrower / dark pulse. Draco metoer is good for crunch(lolpun) situations, where you are against your rival's last mon or you need the extra power. Its more useful in every situation than hyper beam.
    Togepi: If you go for togekiss, go for air slash/ thunder wave /fillers
    Empoleon: I haven't used empoleon much but try a 4 attack set of ice beam, scald or surf, grass knot and something like flash cannon.
    Gastly: Don't waste time after gengar's pathetic attack. Invest in speed and spatk and go for a moveset of shadow ball, focus blast, thunder bolt and filler like painsplit or substitute.
    Snover: Blizzard and giga drain are must. Last moves can be sheer cold and something like earthquake or protect or something like that. Invest in spatk.
    Agreed on pretty much everything but empoleon I know he's Base Attack is just 86, but he is not a really good pokemon anyway (he is good but there are other options better) and after training many of them the best move set for him is going Physical, take advantage of aqua jet and give him a life orb, he will pretty much single handed kill everything in front of him.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladamril View Post
    Agreed on pretty much everything but empoleon I know he's Base Attack is just 86, but he is not a really good pokemon anyway (he is good but there are other options better) and after training many of them the best move set for him is going Physical, take advantage of aqua jet and give him a life orb, he will pretty much single handed kill everything in front of him.
    I think you missed his point, he recommended a special set for Empoleon because his stats/typing reflect it. If you want a physical set, there are much better Pokemon to choose from. But Empoleon has good special stats.
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

  6. #6
    Gym Leader Elite Fire Eladamril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    20
    Add Eladamril on Facebook
    Follow Eladamril on Tumblr

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    I know but nevertheless that set is better :P well for a special sweeper that set is alright

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    I'm not convinced anyone would really choose Empoleon for a physical set. Aqua Jet is useful only for priority.
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

  8. #8
    totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    41
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    was furiously breeding last night, i have some other pokemon that i'm going to put in the first post
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

  9. #9
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Battle Subway team help

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladamril View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Good moveset for volcarona is quiver dance/fiery dance/ morning sun and bug buzz.
    Deino: I don't think hyper beam is too good for deino. Go with draco meteor/ dragon pulse/ flamethrower / dark pulse. Draco metoer is good for crunch(lolpun) situations, where you are against your rival's last mon or you need the extra power. Its more useful in every situation than hyper beam.
    Togepi: If you go for togekiss, go for air slash/ thunder wave /fillers
    Empoleon: I haven't used empoleon much but try a 4 attack set of ice beam, scald or surf, grass knot and something like flash cannon.
    Gastly: Don't waste time after gengar's pathetic attack. Invest in speed and spatk and go for a moveset of shadow ball, focus blast, thunder bolt and filler like painsplit or substitute.
    Snover: Blizzard and giga drain are must. Last moves can be sheer cold and something like earthquake or protect or something like that. Invest in spatk.
    Agreed on pretty much everything but empoleon I know he's Base Attack is just 86, but he is not a really good pokemon anyway (he is good but there are other options better) and after training many of them the best move set for him is going Physical, take advantage of aqua jet and give him a life orb, he will pretty much single handed kill everything in front of him.
    Feraligatr, samurott and gyarados all do the physical thing better, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •