Battle Subway RMT - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle Subway RMT

Default Re: Battle Subway RMT

Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    I think i will go with fighting.Unfortunately, my current chandy's hp is dark(pretty useless).
    However, chandy gives me the fighting immunity and also has flash fire to absorb the fire attacks directed towards ferrothorn.They work pretty well together.
    and be careful of trick room slowbros.They have defeated me twice.
    Yeah, I am also painfully aware of the Slowbro situation. Such an odd thing to struggle against. Against the Trick Room one, it would probably just depend on if Ferrothorn gets frozen by Blizzard. If not, he can wall the other attacks pretty well, and it only takes one Power Whip hitting to take care of business.

I'll try Chandelure out later. Here's what it'll be:

JUSTHANGIN
    Modest (♀) | Flash Fire
    31/31/23/28/26/31
    254 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~Overheat
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power Ground 59
    ~Energy Ball / Flamethrower

Specially based version of Darmanitan, more or less. The base power of the HP Ground is a bit disappointing, but it should still do a lot of damage to Heatran (It can OHKO 252 HP Heatran). There is a Focus Sash version that could cause some problems, but I could add an entry hazard to Ferrothorn if I needed to deal with that. Dragonite also has EQ anyway, and should be able to defeat basically all versions of Heatran as long as he is healthy.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    Yeah, I am also painfully aware of the Slowbro situation. Such an odd thing to struggle against. Against the Trick Room one, it would probably just depend on if Ferrothorn gets frozen by Blizzard. If not, he can wall the other attacks pretty well, and it only takes one Power Whip hitting to take care of business.

I'll try Chandelure out later. Here's what it'll be:

JUSTHANGIN
    Modest (♀) | Flash Fire
    31/31/23/28/26/31
    254 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~Overheat
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power Ground 59
    ~Energy Ball / Flamethrower

Specially based version of Darmanitan, more or less. The base power of the HP Ground is a bit disappointing, but it should still do a lot of damage to Heatran (It can OHKO 252 HP Heatran). There is a Focus Sash version that could cause some problems, but I could add an entry hazard to Ferrothorn if I needed to deal with that. Dragonite also has EQ anyway, and should be able to defeat basically all versions of Heatran as long as he is healthy.
    Nice one(and a cool name), I would suggest flame thrower (or fire blast).The Pokemon that energy ball hits hard like swampert are covered by ferro anyway. However flamethrower (or fire blast) are often more useful in a late game situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have Flamethrower, since Overheat could miss on occasion. That's the nice thing about Flare Blitz in comparison to Overheat, I suppose. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for your help so far.

Oh, and oops. I did the damage calc against Heatran using Specs. Scarf numbers for HP Ground 59 are 75.6% - 89.1% against 252 HP Heatran and 90.1% - 106.2% for 6 HP Heatran.

Blog Entries

Probably wouldn't hurt to have Flamethrower, since Overheat could miss on occasion. That's the nice thing about Flare Blitz in comparison to Overheat, I suppose. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for your help so far.

Oh, and oops. I did the damage calc against Heatran using Specs. Scarf numbers for HP Ground 59 are 75.6% - 89.1% against 252 HP Heatran and 90.1% - 106.2% for 6 HP Heatran.
    Does that heatran pack earth power?
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Here are the Battle Subway Heatrans:

925 | Heatran | Modest | Focus Sash | Lava Plume | Earth Power | Flash Cannon | Dark Pulse | HP/SpA
    945 | Heatran | Modest | White Herb | Overheat | Will-O-Wisp | Flash Cannon | Protect | HP/SpA
    965 | Heatran | Modest | Shuca Berry | Sunny Day | Fire Blast | SolarBeam | Earth Power | HP/SpA
    985 | Heatran | Timid | Choice Scarf | Magma Storm | Earth Power | Dragon Pulse | Flash Cannon | Spd/SpA

The White Herb and Shuca Berry Trans don't look like too much of a problem. The Focus Sash one looks like a little more of a problem, just because it can hit Chandelure and DNite both for neutral or SE damage. The Scarf one is a problem if my team is weakened, but depending on what move it uses, it is still beatable. If it locks itself into Dragon Pulse or Flash Cannon, Ferrothorn can stall it out. The main concern will be figuring out which Heatran it is, if and when I do see one.

Blog Entries

Here are the Battle Subway Heatrans:

925 | Heatran | Modest | Focus Sash | Lava Plume | Earth Power | Flash Cannon | Dark Pulse | HP/SpA
    945 | Heatran | Modest | White Herb | Overheat | Will-O-Wisp | Flash Cannon | Protect | HP/SpA
    965 | Heatran | Modest | Shuca Berry | Sunny Day | Fire Blast | SolarBeam | Earth Power | HP/SpA
    985 | Heatran | Timid | Choice Scarf | Magma Storm | Earth Power | Dragon Pulse | Flash Cannon | Spd/SpA

The White Herb and Shuca Berry Trans don't look like too much of a problem. The Focus Sash one looks like a little more of a problem, just because it can hit Chandelure and DNite both for neutral or SE damage. The Scarf one is a problem if my team is weakened, but depending on what move it uses, it is still beatable. If it locks itself into Dragon Pulse or Flash Cannon, Ferrothorn can stall it out. The main concern will be figuring out which Heatran it is, if and when I do see one.
    Then i would recommend steath rock on ferrothorn.Maybe in place of t-wave.Sr will break the sash and take 12.5 % of tran's health.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Choice Scarf Magma Storm Heatran? I think that Nintendo needs to take a look at Smogon's Strategy Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Choice Scarf Magma Storm Heatran? I think that Nintendo needs to take a look at Smogon's Strategy Pokedex.
    Hmm, I don't know about that. Battle Subway would be even tougher then :p

So I don't think I like Chandelure much. I didn't even make it 5 battles before I lost. Overheat from Chandelure doesn't KO nearly as much stuff as Darmanitan's Flare Blitz (which is basically everything). My actual downfall was that Shadow Ball doesn't KO Drifblim (Umm what?). So I Shadow Ball'd for maybe 90% damage, Drifblim Shadow Ball against Chandy for good damage. Custap Berry activates and he kills Chandelure. Destiny Bond's my Ferrothorn to death. Then guess who comes in...TRICK ROOM SLOWKING xD

Blog Entries

My chandy has always 1 hitko'ed anything which it hits for SE damage.

That's strange. I was underwhelmed. The particular Drifblim I am talking about is:

819 | Drifblim | Bold | Custap Berry | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Hypnosis | Destiny Bond | Spd/SpD

It does have max SpD (I was afraid of that), so that could explain why it was tricky. If I did my calculation right on the Smogon calculator, my Scarf Chandelure's Shadow Ball did 79.8% - 94.3% to that Drifblim. Maybe you haven't run into this guy yet :/

Blog Entries

That's strange. I was underwhelmed. The particular Drifblim I am talking about is:

819 | Drifblim | Bold | Custap Berry | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Hypnosis | Destiny Bond | Spd/SpD

It does have max SpD (I was afraid of that), so that could explain why it was tricky. If I did my calculation right on the Smogon calculator, my Scarf Chandelure's Shadow Ball did 79.8% - 94.3% to that Drifblim. Maybe you haven't run into this guy yet :/
    Honestly you should think about some of the changes I am suggesting:
    1)Lead with ferrothorn. Give him stealth rock. Remove t-wave, since your team doesn't need it. I would suggest starting with a pokemon who has few weaknesses, so that you are not forced out again.
    2)DONT USE chandelure as a sweeper. Use him as a revenge killer and a pokemon who can absorb the fire, fighting attacks thrown towards ferrothorn.(My chandy also takes down annoying pokemon like Frosslass and weavile which plague my Garchomp.)
    If you want a sweeper, go with specs chandelure. You will need to spread Paralysis though. Maybe Parashuffler D-nite?
    3) Okay your chandelure does have problems with heatran. In that scenario you can consider Brick break for dragonite. Firstly fighting gives perfect coverage with dragon and it hits stuff like ttar and heatran harder. Secondly, all those problematic Steel types like Scizor, Skarmory and Foretress will be torched by Chandelure.
    Consider Psychic or Energy ball for the last slot since Hp ground isn't the best attack to get locked into.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123