Battle Center Discussion #7 - Unusual and Underrated Movesets - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battle Center Discussion #7 - Unusual and Underrated Movesets

Stupid character limit fo
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle Center Discussion #7 - Unusual and Underrated Movesets

Quote Originally Posted by drmmerdyan00 View Post
    So this is a set my friend told me about partially i just filled in some holes:

Scrafty the destroyer
    Evs: 252 ATK/ 252 Def/ 4 HP
    item: chesto berry
    ability: shed skin:
    moves:
    rest
    stone edge
    dragon dance
    sucker punch

the point of this set is to use dd a couple of times then rest and shed skin/chesto berry will heal sleep so your ready to fight
    Vaporeon does this better:
    @Damp Rock
    Hydration
    252 DEF/252 SPA/6 HP (252 DEF/4 HP gives you more physical and overall bulk than 252 HP/4 DEF, which only gives you more special bulk. 23265 vs 23107 at level 50.)
    Rain Dance
    Rest
    Scald
    Yawn/Coverage Offensive move(I use Shadow Ball)

As an added bonus, Rain gives you guaranteed wakeup and powers your Water STAB.
    Last edited by AnybodyAgrees; 2nd December 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was helping Cloud Strife718 set up his team, we're using a Nasty Plot Mega Lucario. But that got me thinking about an interesting set...

Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Adaptability
    Brave
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
    ~Work Up
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Extreme Speed

Adaptability turns all his moves into 80 BP priority, while Work Up let's him threaten with mixed sweeping stats. Because all his moves are priority, he doesn't have to worry about being slow. ESpeed let's him out-priority other priority users, lie Talonflame. The goal would be to switch in on something that would be forced out by a normal Luke, set up Work Up, and then get to work punching holes. The moves are too weak to sweep teams, but I think this could be a fun wallbreaker.

EDIT: Maybe he can sweep teams, or maybe I was just facing a bad player (he was using Electivire :P): http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-74765489

Stupid character limit fo
    Blog Entries

I was once lucky enough to get Stored Power Sigilyph on a random battle. I swept the poor guy.

Sigilyph@Flame Orb
    (Don't Know EVs)
    Magic Guard
    Stored Power
    Cosmic Power
    Roost
    Psycho Shift

Unfortunately, it's easily stopped by Dark-types with Recover or the like.

@Choice Specs
    248HP/252SpA/8SpD
    Modest nature, Water Absorb trait
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Wish
    ~Surf
    While Vaporeon is usually played as a bulky Water, Vaporeon's good 110 base SpA and STAB do make offensive Vaporeon effective. Hydro Pump is obvious, while Ice Beam is a solid coverage move. Wish still works here, as Vaporeon will be switching in-and-out alot anyway, and thus gives support to offensive teams full of Life Orbs without giving up on offense. Surf may seem odd, but sadly, all Eeveelutions have bad movepools, and there is really nothing esle to use-Shadow Ball is weaker than neutral Hydro Pump even when SE, and Hidden Power got nerfed this get, making a X2 Hidden Power weaker than a neutral Surf; Surf is also a reliable STAB to use when Hydro Pump's PP decreases or when one cannot afford a miss.
    Last edited by Suicune Rider; 19th January 2014 at 03:28 PM.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune Rider View Post

@Choice Specs
    248HP/252SpA/8SpD
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Wish
    ~Surf
    While Vaporeon is usually played as a bulky Water, Vaporeon's good 110 base SpA and STAB do make offensive Vaporeon effective. Hydro Pump is obvious, while Ice Beam is a solid coverage move. Wish still works here, as Vaporeon will be switching in-and-out alot anyway, and thus gives support to offensive teams full of Life Orbs without giving up on offense. Surf may seem odd, but sadly, all Eeveelutions have bad movepools, and there is really nothing esle to use-Shadow Ball is weaker than neutral Hydro Pump even when SE, and Hidden Power got nerfed this get, making a X2 Hidden Power weaker than a neutral Surf; Surf is also a reliable STAB to use when Hydro Pump's PP decreases or when one cannot afford a miss.
    Can I ask what situation this would be useful in?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune Rider View Post

@Choice Specs
    248HP/252SpA/8SpD
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Wish
    ~Surf
    Can I ask what situation this would be useful in?
    For offensive teams obviously, expecially ones that have alot of Life Orbs.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

specs vap was good in gen 4 and decent in gen 5 – it's deceptively strong with its 110 base satk and has a surprising amount of bulk. i don't know if i'd use surf/wish, though – i think i'd prefer scald over surf due to the burn chance and the fact that, well, in my experiences with specs vap i've never been in a situation where i'd need to run surf. also, baton pass is a viable option over wish because getting locked into wish leaves you as total fodder for most things once they find out you're specsed. i don't think wish's utility outweighs its punishability once the opponent finds out you're specsed. i feel like you might do well to run more defense—due to vaporeon's high hp, you don't really need hp investment. i understand why you'd use hp evs (after all, you have wish), but vap has over 400 hp even uninvested, so any more investment seems accessory tbh

just a question: why not just use sylveon? it arguably has better immunities and resistances (though admittedly poorer physical bulk) hyper voice/shadow ball/hp ground/filler seems like it would work just as well in this metagame. hyper voice is stronger than vap's hydro pump and has really good coverage and, if you can predict well, sylveon can lure in and kill heatran, aegis, et al, for other things to sweep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123