Azelf and his U-Turning Friends!

Thread: Azelf and his U-Turning Friends!

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Azelf and his U-Turning Friends!

Well, this is my latest version of the OU team. It has already got some wins on Showdown.

The main point is strong offense without that much defense, which is remedied by high speed and scouting moves allowing me to change into the Pokemon that gets the less damage. Azelf, the lead, is conveniently placed in the title, along with U-Turn, which is in the regular moveset of 3 outta 6 Pokemon.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psychic

The not-always-Suicide Lead. Full speed usually allows it to outspeed most common leads, then Taunting them to the face while it gets to Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock back. Psychic deals quite the damage, though I've also considered U-Turn for the unsuspecting Darks like Tyranitar or Bouncers like Espeon who like to lead against it. Plus, it would make it easier to use him once again if needed. Most times, it works right, though I never use him as lead against Pranksters, Tyranitar, Krookodile, or bouncers. Scizor/Gliscor get the honors there, whicever is better.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower

Classic hard hitter with classic Technician build, plus a scout move to make it easier to switch out against Fire. Speed is top priority, since it relies more on Bug Bite/U-Turn than Bullet Punch. I have seen some little problems with it in rain teams, when they manage to burn it with Scald.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Fang
    - U-turn

Surprise attacker. Most people expect Gliscor to be defensive, so they put in a good sweeper in hopes of taking it out. This thing is not like that. It is a great Steel killer that can also scout out when he likes. High speed and surprise factor most times cost the opponent at least one Pokemon.

Rotom-Wash @ Rindo Berry
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

I am still in doubt about this one. It works nice in rain, and it has a way to kill Ferrothorn with HP. Still, outside of rain, it has low accuracy moves, yet Volt Switch let it scout out if things get bad. When battling non-rain teams, this guy takes the fodder treatment a lot.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Rapid Spin

Another fast attacker with preference to the Special side of the spectrum. I like the speed, plus it has a Rapid Spin just in case, because I don't like entry hazards when scouting all the time. Natural Cure is my only way to treat the ever-annoying Breloom.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Flash Cannon
    - Toxic

Someone must get hit by Outrages/Draco Meteors. It's the donkeywork. Yet, always into the speed theme, Heatran can give a punch to those Ferrothorns and Scizors. Air Baloon remedies the double weakness, though Fighting types have always been a problem with this guy. Toxic, I don't use it that much, but I have to put something in after all.

Well, this is it. Scouting, damage, scouting, damage. Worst enemies are Tyranitars, Brelooms and Lati@s.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Default Re: Azelf and his U-Turning Friends!

i think your starmie doesn't need rapid spin ( your team dosn't seem to take much from SR) try replacing it with t-bolt
    i great move for heatran is HP ice it hits stuff good that will normally wall it (dragonite, garchomp, salamence) maybe replace that for toxic.
    hopefully this helps
    WHITE 2: 2624-0822-5515
    I' lov'in this sig ^.^