Assigned Pokemon Tournament - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assigned Pokemon Tournament

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assigned Pokemon Tournament

Not having team preview seems more interesting to me, but it's probably best to listen to the majority.

Much love to Zurr

Somebody confirm this since I'm not battling until this is sorted out.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

♦ fabulous ♦ -Yamirami-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Team Preview will be on, since that's the majority.

Remember, send me your logs via PM!

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

Confirming my team. *grumble*

Blog Entries

I didn't clarify this, so it's okay if people who already sent logs made this mistake, but I'd like everybody to send me their logs. That way they can't be edited by one person without me knowing. I don't want one log of every battle from one person, I want two logs of every battle from two people.

Also, although not required, if you could VM me the time when you and your opponent will battle, I'd enjoy spectating.

@Soulmaster; @Kira Akigari; I lack logs from your battle. I don't have them. If I fail to get them by the end of round one, I'm not going to let Kira participate in the loser's round.

Guys, I don't like being strict like this, but I have to if I want this to run properly. Technically nobody was supposed to have battled yet, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of that, so be glad. The log requirement was in the rules.

@Orion; I apparently need your permission to read the logs on Google Documents. I sent in a request to view.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I confirm my team.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

@Neosquid You should be able to see it now.

Blog Entries

@Orion; @Takaki; Due to the misunderstanding you two are having, I'm going to assign you both new teams to fight each other. Takaki, I apologize if I underpower your team or something, but I'm trying to make this fair. Maybe it's not fair, and in which case I'm just doing a bad job with this. Orion, please make sure your correct team is loaded this time. Don't take this so seriously, it's mainly for fun. Once again, I apologize if I make teams unbalanced.

I'll send out the two new teams asap.

For everyone: Another thing, I'd like to know whether or not I'm allowed to post your battle logs in the thread. Both participants in the battle have to approve before I do. It would be easiest to just note this in your PM's to me.

I'd just like to ask what on earth you gave my last team thart could deal with Flygon. It could pretty much 6-0 me.

I don't even see why I need to rebattle him. It should surely be at my discretion since he broke the rules.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    I'd just like to ask what on earth you gave my last team thart could deal with Flygon. It could pretty much 6-0 me.

I don't even see why I need to rebattle him. It should surely be at my discretion since he broke the rules.
    Because it was an accident. Just chill out, make a new team, and try to enjoy yourself a bit? :b

Confirming my team, albeit late, sorry. Things are busy for me right now, so perhaps could things be extended to the weekend? Otherwise, if I don't get the opportunity to battle @Synthesis; then I forfeit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post

I'm not just going to assume that he cheated. If he didn't cheat, then he won fair and square. If he did, I have no way of knowing for sure.

I thought I gave you ways to counter it, but maybe I messed up. Sorry.
    @thepokemaster; You're sure you have no way to battle by the deadline, which is tomorrow? D:

I'll extend it if other people still have to battle besides you, but I'd really like to keep it like it is now....

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    You're sure you have no way to battle by the deadline, which is tomorrow? D:

I'll extend it if other people still have to battle besides you, but I'd really like to keep it like it is now....
    I can get on and try but AFAIK, mine and Synthesis' timezones are fairly different, and I'm really busy with school and personal things. Personally, I think having three weekdays to try and sort out a team and then battle with someone on a conflicting timezone seems a bit much, but yea. Don't change it just because of me if it's working out for other people; I have no problem forfeiting and letting Synthesis continue since I'm just going to continue struggling to get battles done in the allotted 2-3 days.

@Neosquid; Neither of those are good enough answers to the questions I asked.

Firstly, as he loaded his team against me through fault of his own then he is breaching the rules regardless of whether he acts on it. By not punishing you are giving no deterrent to this action which he could have avoided and therefore giving no punishment to those who do it again through fault of their own.

Secondly I'll post my team list and you can try to find a counter to Flygon in there. There is no fun in this at all if they essentially have autowin because you give out naively chosen selections (again why you didn't use a different system is beyond me).

Houndoom
    Fearow
    Torterra
    Vanilluxe
    Kingler
    Breloom

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

Takaki, Why are you making this so serious?

I'm not taking it seriously. I'm just frustrated that this tournament isn't being fairly run. There was no possible fun that could have been gained from that game.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast