Assigned Pokemon Tournament
Rules and notes:
- I assign every participant a team of six Pokemon for each round. They're free to choose the movesets, abilities, IV's, EV's, gender, and nature of said Pokemon.
- The Pokemon will be selected via RNG and my own opinion
- Generation V
- I'd be preferable if the battles took place on Pokemon Online, but Showdown works too
- I'll try to make every team fair, for example, I won't give one person a Salamence and give other people absolutely no way to counter it
- All teams will be PM'd to their respective participants before each tournament, while leaving each participant plenty of time to make movesets and stuff.
- The number of rounds depends of the number of people that sign up
- Please copy the logs of all tournament battles you partake in, and send them to me via PM. I'd like a PM from EVERY participant for EVERY battle.
- I will spectate in battles if I'm available
- Some people have pretty crappy internet connection. I myself have been in battles on Pokemon Online and Showdown, and have been disconnected in the middle of a battle. Usually the other people try to kick me out of the battle so they can win by clicking the "kick inactive player" button (Pokemon Showdown), and on Pokemon Online the timer kicks me off. To prevent any unfair losses due to faulty connection, I ask that if somebody goes inactive or leaves, that you wait for them for at least ten minutes. I also ask that the battle timer be turned off on Pokemon Online. This is the best way I can think of to deal with the problem, but I'll take suggestions.
- Only use Dream World abilities if they're released
- Sleep Clause
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO clause
- Moody Clause
- Drizzle + Swift Swim Clause (only if Swift Swim Pokemon is part Water)
Not including clauses such as "Species Clause" because that's all up to me. Besides, I won't give the same Pokemon twice anyway. No individual Pokemon are banned either, since, once again, that's up to me. Don't expect me to include many Ubers, if any at all. There's very few Ubers that I'd consider "fair" to use in this.
- Sign ups will close 11/16/2012
- Pokemon will be assigned a day before each round starts
- I'll make the winner a banner or something if they would like, I'm flexible. I also have some shinies and quite a bit of female Dream World Pokemon. Anything goes as long as I agree to it.
How to sign up
[Update: Sign ups are now closed!]
Answer the following questions in your sign up post, if you would, please.
- Do you have access to Pokemon Showdown? If yes, what is your username?
- Do you have access to Pokemon Online? If yes, what is your username?
- Do you have a reliable internet connection?
- What time zone are you in?
- If you read the rules, clauses, and times, include at least one purple/violet word in your post.
I know this isn't a mafia, stfu.
Italics = up for negotiation
2. @Kira Akigari;
5. @Avarus Cantus;
7. @The pokemaster;
11. @Lord Clowncrete;