American Gym Challenge Accepting Challengers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Gym Challenge Accepting Challengers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: American Gym Challenge Accepting Challengers

Who is Aaron and why is it banned? Also, why are Garchomp and Excadrill banned?

I'm gone.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Anser; It's Aron, the Steel-&-Rock type Pokemon. From Hoenn. It's banned 'cause there's this strategy that a lv. 1 Aron can take down a team of lv. 100s, as seen here. Just a typo. Go figure.

Garchomp an Excadrill are banned 'cause their base stats and abilities make them overpowered, compaired to an average Pokemon, like Gallade.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So, are blaziken and thundurus allowed? I don't see them on the list as of now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Gym Leader Elite Fire Eladamril's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Eladamril on Facebook
    Follow Eladamril on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    So, are blaziken and thundurus allowed? I don't see them on the list as of now..
    All uber pokemon are banned ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    @Anser; It's Aron, the Steel-&-Rock type Pokemon. From Hoenn. It's banned 'cause there's this strategy that a lv. 1 Aron can take down a team of lv. 100s, as seen here. Just a typo. Go figure.

Garchomp an Excadrill are banned 'cause their base stats and abilities make them overpowered, compaired to an average Pokemon, like Gallade.
    Duh, hahahaha. How didn't I think of Aron. It's just that there are soooo many Pokémon now that sometimes I forget some of them.

Ah, got it. Good to know; I had absolutely no idea those Pokémon were banned in tournaments. Thanks for your answer!

I'm gone.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post

Duh, hahahaha. How didn't I think of Aron. It's just that there are soooo many Pokémon now that sometimes I forget some of them.

Ah, got it. Good to know; I had absolutely no idea those Pokémon were banned in tournaments. Thanks for your answer!
    In an offical tournament, they're not. BUT here, we ban them to give everyone a fighting chance. I hope this isn't inconvient for you.

Post Thanks / Like

In an offical tournament, they're not. BUT here, we ban them to give everyone a fighting chance. I hope this isn't inconvient for you.
    Oh, no. Not a problem for me right now. I don't own an Excadrill or a Garchomp. I'd like to have one of each someday, though. But don't worry, I don't play too much online, as I'm a very sore loser. I do battle online from time to time, though. Are there any other Pokémon that are banned?

I'm gone.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, no. Not a problem for me right now. I don't own an Excadrill or a Garchomp. I'd like to have one of each someday, though. But don't worry, I don't play too much online, as I'm a very sore loser. I do battle online from time to time, though. Are there any other Pokémon that are banned?
    Almost any legendary Pokemon, Drizzle+Swift Swim Pokemon, and Hack Pokemon are banned. Life Orb is fine though! (Just in case you're wondering...)
    Last edited by Bill Cipher; 23rd July 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any legendary Pokemon, including Heatran, Drizzle+Swift Swim Pokemon, and Hack Pokemon are banned. Life Orb is fine though! (Just in case you're wondering...)
    I thought Heatran wasn't banned. It's a legend, true, but it's not uber status, although it's viable in ubers. This is only significant to me because my T-Card team for this league includes a heatran

I'm gone.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman.EXE View Post
    Any legendary Pokemon, including Heatran, Drizzle+Swift Swim Pokemon, and Hack Pokemon are banned. Life Orb is fine though! (Just in case you're wondering...)
    I thought Heatran wasn't banned. It's a legend, true, but it's not uber status, although it's viable in ubers. This is only significant to me because my T-Card team for this league includes a heatran
    Maybe. I don't know, but Jacel said no legendaries...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    2. All Teams must be at Lvl 100 In Order to Participate and have 6 Pokemon. 1 Challenging Team may have 1 Non Uber Legendary that is not Banned! Any more and you will be forced to replace it with another Pokemon
    3. Ban List as Follows, Wobuffet, Wynat, Aaron, Zekrom,Reshiram, Diagla, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi, Rayquaza,Groudon,Kyogre,Mewtwo,Deoxys,Arceus,Darkrai, Exadrill, Garchomp. If there are any else Request them to me VIA PM. Only Leaders may do this.
    Maybe. I don't know, but Jacel said no legendaries...
    Jacel did ban a poop-load of legends, that I don't argue with. But I return to the fact that he banned all of the legends/other pokes that Smogon bans to ubers. Heatran isn't banned to ubers, while, again it is viable in the tier. And at any rate, I showed him my card and he did approve it.

Gym Leader Elite Fire Eladamril's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Eladamril on Facebook
    Follow Eladamril on Tumblr

@Rockman.EXE: I don't see a problem with Heatran, it is not specified correctly but as long as a pokemon is not uber, it is not forbidden.

I'm gone.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Rockman.EXE; I apologize for this mix up. I'm gonna change it real quick...

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok if you look clearly at the rules it states you may have one non Uber Legendary.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. All Teams must have a Trainer Card Gym and Challenger
    2. All Teams must be at Lvl 100 In Order to Participate and have 6 Pokemon. 1 Challenging Team may have 1 Non Uber Legendary that is not Banned! Any more and you will be forced to replace it with another Pokemon
    3. Ban List as Follows, Wobuffet, Wynat, Aaron, Zekrom,Reshiram, Diagla, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi, Rayquaza,Groudon,Kyogre,Mewtwo,Deoxys,Arceus,Darkrai, Exadrill, Garchomp. If there are any else Request them to me VIA PM. Only Leaders may do this.
    4. No Moody. Swift Swim+ Rain is Illegal as a challenger if you are using a Politoed with Drizzle. Evasion Clause, Hax Clause and Sleep Clause are in Effect as well.
    5. The Challenger must go through the Gyms in this order 1-4 -5-6 7-8 then The Champ The Ninth being the Champion! You may challenge any of the first Four and after you beat them you must beat the fifth and sixth then seventh and eight then me!
    6. There will be no Disrespect to another Leader or Challenger. If you have a Complaint it goes through me. I will then Decide along with Input from there what to do. If I find out or Pokeprophet finds out that you are talking trash about another leader. I will suspend you and if needed kick you from are ranks.
    7. Have fun and remember the rules! If you have a problem with Rules I am sorry but this are gyms and you are meant to overcome.

Here are are rules in which you may craft your team.
    Pokecharms

There is the sight for your trainer card Please make one and either post it here or PM it to me and tell me you are wanting to join

Here are the rules Again! lol Yes Blaziken with Speed Boost is banned if it has its other ability then know its fine by me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12