2012 VGCS Winter Battle, who's taking part?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, who's taking part?

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

Default 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, who's taking part?

I've done quite a bit of work on my team so far, so I figured I'll make a debut in this Wifi Tournament, and see how I fare.

Signups began yesterday for those who weren't aware, but since I'm still a bit of an amateur in the metagame department, I figure I'll ask:

who else is participating in the tourney next week?

Default Re: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, who's taking part?

I would like to but I don't think there is any way I can get my team together in time. unless i met a ton a of nice people willing to help out with dittos and such

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I'm going to pertisipate! I hope that I can win some battles with the team I'm training in W2. I think it won't be THAT competive. I mean, all of the people who enter can't be competive battlers, right?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    I'm going to pertisipate! I hope that I can win some battles with the team I'm training in W2. I think it won't be THAT competive. I mean, all of the people who enter can't be competive battlers, right?
    I doubt everyone that enters will but it will be a good chunk. I mean you have a shot at a free bye week at the next VGC event.

The Pokemon Trainer EpicPokemon12's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit EpicPokemon12's Youtube Channel

I'll be entering, check out my blog for updates on it.

If you need help with Dittos, I can give you some.
    Last edited by Thundagere; 11th December 2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Double post

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I'm going to be in it. Really wish I could get that Timid Tornadus I need, or else I'll be stuck using my Bashful one. Other than that, I'm cautiously optimistic that my team will be good.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Maker of Wagens Jam The Philosophist's Avatar

I entered, using a somewhat competitive team. Technically I made the team for singles, but whatever. I'm really just in it for dat $30000 Custap Berry (Sells for that much ingame). I hope I'll win a few, but I doubt it. My team isn'tamazing, I just threw together some sun abusers and a Ninetales.

I will be participating. I also entered the Autumn Friendly and did well. My record would have been far better if my opponents didn't reset when it was apparent that they were going to lose. That has been fixed with this tournament. You only get a Custap berry if you do not turn of your game during a battle. Even though I aready registed and locked my team I would love to get a few Dittoes from you EpicPokemon12.

Blog Entries

I'm participating. This is my first ever Wi-Fi tournament too. I'm pretty excited, however, I'm almost certain that I'm gonna get my ass handed to me.

I genuinely have no idea what to expect. I'm using Pokemon that I really like, one of which is most likely in the NU bracket - because it's absolutely pants.

I just really hope that there are other people out there participating with Pokemon that are their favourites and not just with Pokemon that can easily own people in competitive battling. If everyone I battle has a Scizor, Conkeldurr, Cresselia etc... It might be my first and last Wi-Fi Tournament!

You will run into a nice amount of that. With 50,000 spots available you will run into people that are doing it mainly for fun too. I competitvely use my favorites very successfully in the tournaments. I hate Cresselia and Tyranitar. If you want a slight preview of what you may encounter download the trainer data at the PWT in Driftveil.

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

well, to my surprise, the Tournament is currently underway. it must be thursday over in japan, since I caught the notice when I was heading for the Dream World

won twice, lost twice, one unsure since I was BRB before I could see the results. competition's tense, but i think I can handle myself well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyblunt View Post
    I will be participating. I also entered the Autumn Friendly and did well. My record would have been far better if my opponents didn't reset when it was apparent that they were going to lose. That has been fixed with this tournament. You only get a Custap berry if you do not turn of your game during a battle. Even though I aready registed and locked my team I would love to get a few Dittoes from you EpicPokemon12.
    What!? oh no... my game froze in the middle of a battle... I'm already penalized with a one hour wait, but I'm denied a custap berry, too??
    Last edited by Phoenix502; 13th December 2012 at 10:16 PM.

I don't think you will be, but you might. The rules said it depends on how much you turn off so it may be a ratio thing. I will begin my foray in the tournament this evening. CAN'T WAIT!

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It should be a ratio thing. I've participated in a few wifi tournies before hand and they won't take you out of the rankings unless you have a certain d/c rate... I imagine the same thing goes for the Cutsap considering I remember reading that everyone who enters the rankings will get one.

That being said, what age group are you all in? I assume the level of challenging competition is will vary between ranks. Personally, I thought I was screwed when I first started this afternoon and had about a 50-50 win/loss ratio. It's smoothed out a bit now though. Or maybe I've just been lucky with my opponents.

Maker of Wagens Jam The Philosophist's Avatar

I'm in the Senior Division, and have been doing pretty well. I'm 15-3 after about 4 hours of battling, and have only had a couple opponents D/C. I've run into a surprisingly low number of people using an in-game team which I was not expecting. I have seen a couple teams that look like a starter and all the legendaries the person could find though. This has also been very educational for me, since I have now learned how easy it is to kill the opponent's weather starter with Rotom-H's Volt Switch + whoever else I lead with. I kinda wish that I could find more serious battlers, since almost half of my wins were 4-0 sweeps against random crap.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. That's how most wifi competitions work; there are always some competitive players, but there are also a fair number of casual players that compete. And then you lose one battle and it knocks you down 20 points.

Of course, now your dilemma is how far to push your luck. Good luck and congrats on your current record!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast