[RMT] Gen V OU

View Poll Results: What should I use for my 6th Pokemon?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ferrothorn

5 55.56%
  • Forretress

2 22.22%
  • Dragonite

1 11.11%
  • Gliscor

2 22.22%
  • Salamence

2 22.22%
  • Lucario

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [RMT] Gen V OU

Default [RMT] Gen V OU

Thank you everyone!
    Last edited by Siris; 28th June 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    [20:34:43][22] <Misty> Listening to Pokemon music
    [20:34:58][22] <Misty> I'm alwas like "meh" when new games come out and then I hear the music
    [20:35:07][22] <Misty> and I'm like "oh yeah, this is why I still like this series"

Blog Entries

Default Re: [RMT] Gen V OU

It's a little late for me now, so I kind of had to skim, but why not Scizor?

Much love to Zurr

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's a little late for me now, so I kind of had to skim, but why not Scizor?
    I feel dumb... Why didn't I think of this?
    Scizor is the answer to everything!
    Dark resistances, Priority moves, excellent attack and HO with a lot of immunities plus I have Pokemon to compliment it! Thanks!

Should I run a bulky leftovers set or a choice banded set?
    the only issue is, I still have nothing to get rid of hazards.
    [20:34:58][22] <Misty> I'm alwas like "meh" when new games come out and then I hear the music
    [20:35:07][22] <Misty> and I'm like "oh yeah, this is why I still like this series"

Blog Entries

Without a spinner, you may want to the Bulky SW Scizor, you may wish to run a spinner as Darm wants to get in and out a lot.

Much love to Zurr

I'm just wondering what spinners are good. I'm thinking either Donohan or Hitmontop. I just don't know what I should get rid of. Snorlax perhaps?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siris View Post
    I'm just wondering what spinners are good. I'm thinking either Donohan or Hitmontop. I just don't know what I should get rid of. Snorlax perhaps?
    Well, coming from experience, who is your least valuable member?

Much love to Zurr

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Well you have a hellovalotta Offence,
    Defencive ferrothorn is my vote with leech seed ingrain curse and an offencive move (in case of taunt) along with rain to cover up any fire-type damage.

I always liked ferrothorn...
    plus having no defencive pokemon can allow pokemon like my accelgor to toxic then outstall you (your espeon will fall to bugg buzz due to that magic bounce

for a spinner hitmontop is a favourite due to Tech boosted fake out and mach punch, actually rapid spin would be boosted too.

I'm not sure who to get rid of... slowbro maybe? I've never fought wiith most of these so I can't really find a weak link with so few common weaknesses... 2 weak to ground and 2 weak to Bug/Dark/Ghost (the 2 psychic types), besides that they seem to keep the weaknesses to themselves.
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 24th June 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angad
    Well, coming from experience, who is your least valuable member?
    I can't really decided; it's either Snorlax or Slowbro. They are great together as one can cover the other. Both of those Pokemon are also unpredictable, so usually my opponents have no idea what attacks I will use. Espeon just doesn't have enough coverage, but boosted Psyshock does an insane amount of damage to most Pokemon, and Espeon's DW ability is arguably the best in the game. Jolteon sometimes is my weakest link due to its inability as a late game sweeper, which I don't bring it out until after. It's Moveset is so predictable, but I need a fast Pokemon to make sure I outspeed most Pokemon. I'm thinking if anything, I would get rid of Jolteon for Scizor, and perhaps my last slot would be Donphan or Hitmontop, more leaning towards Donphan to have electric immunity. Than again, there aren't many electric types used in the OU meta.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken
    Well you have a hellovalotta Offence,
    Defencive ferrothorn is my vote with leech seed ingrain curse and an offencive move (in case of taunt) along with rain to cover up any fire-type damage.

I always liked ferrothorn...
    plus having no defencive pokemon can allow pokemon like my accelgor to toxic then outstall you (your espeon will fall to bugg buzz due to that magic bounce
    In all my time battling on PO, I've never run into accelgor . If I see it, I'll just switch to Darmanitan who resists all of his moves anyway. You just said I have a lot of defensive Pokemon, so "outstalling" me with accelgor will not happen.
    If I have Ferrothorn, I am susceptible to Taunt. Ferrothorn's Moveset is EXTREMELY Predictable. Having a 4th tank on my team sacrifices a lot of offensive momentum to have in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken
    for a spinner hitmontop is a favourite due to Tech boosted fake out and mach punch, actually rapid spin would be boosted too.

I'm not sure who to get rid of... slowbro maybe? I've never fought wiith most of these so I can't really find a weak link with so few common weaknesses... 2 weak to ground and 2 weak to Bug/Dark/Ghost (the 2 psychic types), besides that they seem to keep the weaknesses to themselves.
    Rapid Spin Hitmontop would benefit better from Intimidate with +SDef nature.
    Toxic / (Rapid Spin / Taunt) / Hi Jump Kick / (Taunt / Stealth Rock / Pursuit)
    Technician on Hitmontop works better for bulky offense.

As for weaknesses; that's why I wanted a steel / Fighting / Flying type as that would cover Slowbro and Espeon. I need Slowbro because he can take Physical hits like a champ and regenerate out when needed. Plus Fire / Ice / Water has amazing coverage too.

I think I'll try Scizor / Hitmontop for a little bit and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions!

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

I enjoy good old Forretress as a Rapid Spinner. He can even set up the Entries in return as well. I like Espeon thought to but the Problem I found is that people are to predictable well some. In PO when I look at someones team and it has Espeon and I have my Forretress I will send it out and go for Gyro Ball. They Suspect Stealth Rock and jump right into a killer attack. Now if they do not realize that you have Magic Bounce or just plain forget it works to your advantage Especiall when someone Thunderwaves,Taunts, Toxics, Will O Wisp. You know all that good stuff.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

I'm happy to hear that you haven't run into accelgor because I came up with his amazing stall strategy myself (I'm so proud) And I've only seen 1 strategy like it (with a vaporeon instead) even so, you won't beleve how many dakrais I kill with him and whimsicott on Wifi Ubers.

Now although you have a nice team with high defence, a Pokemon that benifit's from opponent's underestimating it (like scollipede or garbador) were to lay down some toxic spikes before you think to switch espeon in a good stall (like accelgor) will be enough to kill you.

Ferrothorn's imminity to both leech seed and toxic make it annoying to kill especially after a leech seed is in place. I agree that you need offence, but getting past OPPONENTS defences is also important.

Using my own team as an example (again, I know) Lead Politoed could damage/kill darmanitan leaving you with only espeon with the ability to stop ferrothorn. Before you say that politoed sucks you must realise that Def/Sp.def/HP ev.training along with stab/rain boosted hydro pump can make him a crazy sweeper that can usually survive several super effective hits, add leftovers into the deal and darmanitan had better switch out fast.

If you are STILL against ferrothorn, I would suggest a fast Sp.attacker with ice beam to kill those annoying garchomp (and any other P-L dragons)

Blog Entries

Do you have an issue with Rain teams?

Much love to Zurr

The only time I had a little issue is when I was up against Toxicroak stall. I normally just relied on Jokteom hitting STAB thunders.

Blog Entries

The only time I had a little issue is when I was up against Toxicroak stall. I normally just relied on Jokteom hitting STAB thunders.
    Just wondering, any type of team or pokemon that really suck to face?

Much love to Zurr

Just wondering, any type of team or pokemon that really suck to face?
    Sandstorm is my biggest issue. I replaced Stone edge for super power on darmanitan, and then made it Adamant @ Choice scarf instead. I started checking more I my counters with that. I tried Scizor, it worked ok, but then I tried Physicall defensive Forretress. I started to rake in more wins due to the addition of stealth rock and spikes. Dragonite was my main issue I had to face, and SR really helped me KO it. Ttar still poised a threat to me, but only scarf variants, and +2 dance. Landorus gave me a lot a lot of issues due to him being able to OHKO / 2HKO my Pokemon, but Gyro Ball on Forretress walled it out.

Blog Entries

If you really need rocks up and a Dragonite/Landorus counter, this could work. I've used it on many teams and it has always been an asset. It's generally used as a lead as it pretty much always gets Rocks up, and come back in the late game to get a kill.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Endeavor
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

Much love to Zurr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast