PHOTOGRAPHY: Winterlude 2011 Ice Sculptures and assorted other Pictures

Thread: Winterlude 2011 Ice Sculptures and assorted other Pictures

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Winterlude 2011 Ice Sculptures and assorted other Pictures

So it was Ottawa's winter festival these past few days, and of course I snagged assorted pictures.

Here we have the opening fireworks seen over the Rideau canal (which becomes a vast open-air skating rink in winter) as well as the first two sculpture of the one-artist ice sculpting contest. The later of which won the one-man contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp5332.jpg   imgp5350.jpg   imgp5351.jpg   imgp5360.jpg   imgp5367.jpg  

Last edited by Evil Figment; 19th February 2011 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Winterlude 2011 Random Pictures

Here are five more - the first from the one-man ice sculpting, the second and third random ice decorations, and the last two from the team sculpting contest. The first, "Jacks in the Box" is by a Swedish-Canadian pair, and the second, "Raising", by a pair of recent immigrants to Canada (as in, their home city was displayed as Ottawa, but their home flags were definitely not the Maple Leaf).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp5372.jpg   imgp5388.jpg   imgp5432.jpg   imgp5440.jpg   imgp5444.jpg  

He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Another five from the pair contest, in order:

Robofly, by a Canadian pair.
    Destiny, by a Canadian/Philipino-Canadian pair.
    The Greatest Imaginary Fight, by a Canadian/Japanesse-Canadian pair.
    Eternal Energy, by a Mexican pair
    Splash, by a Japanese pair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp5451.jpg   imgp5456.jpg   imgp5461.jpg   imgp5467.jpg   imgp5477.jpg  

Sooooo...watch out!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Winterlude 2011 Ice Sculpting and other Random Pictures

And five more:

Duel, by a France/Poland team. (2nd place in the jury's awards)
    His or Hers, by a Canadian team
    Title Unknown, by a Russian team
    Fire and Water Incense Burner, by a Chinese Team
    and
    Life in the Balance, by a Japanese-Canadian/Japanese team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp5495.jpg   imgp5506.jpg   imgp5521.jpg   imgp5526.jpg   imgp5537.jpg  

Sooooo...watch out!

Blog Entries

And to finish the thread, a detailed section of Life in the Balance, which won the pair contest.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp5532.jpg  
    Sooooo...watch out!

Blog Entries

Wow.

I feel like I am on drugs!

So, what is this thread about?

Blog Entries

Pictures from the winter festival in Ottawa. People can comment, or if they have pictures of their own to share (I know I'm not the only BMGf member in Ottawa, they can share.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Winterlude 2011 Ice Sculptures and assorted other Pictures

Oh yeah, sorry, I thought this was a general thread due to it not saying "Evil Figment's whatevers"

Blog Entries

Well, as I said if other people have photos of Winterlude to post, they can post. It's about that one specific event.
    Sooooo...watch out!

/人◕‿‿◕人\ I need the booty GloomyHaruka's Avatar
    Follow GloomyHaruka On Twitter
    Follow GloomyHaruka on Tumblr

Wow these are amazing!! o:
    I especially love love LOVE the last one!! <3
    The way you took the photo looks like as if all the fish (and the other creatures in there) were all trying to runaway from something and then froze in mid air.
    Amazing.~
    + Banner && icon made by me! +

+DA+Art Blog+FF+Tumblr+Advancers+